|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 English as a World Language.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is easy or difficult depending on the point of view?
(a) Spelling in English
2. Which words are appropriate for the common people to use?
3. Who is the Venerable Bede?
(a) A priest
(b) A bishop
(c) A monk
(d) A rabbi
4. What language is used to communicate across borders?
5. What can be spelled in a variety of ways?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invades England in 1066?
2. Which of the following languages has not been proposed as an international language?
3. In what country does the printing revolution take place?
4. The English writing system developed from what?
5. Why can translations between countries be considered difficult?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)