|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 English as a World Language.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the printing revolution take place?
2. What language and culture does the answer to #44 bring to England?
3. When does modern English begin to emerge?
(a) The 19th century
(b) The 15th century
(c) The 20th century
(d) The 12th century
4. Which of the following languages has not been proposed as an international language?
5. In Chapter 4, the author traces the development of English in what country?
(b) United Kingdom
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is easy or difficult depending on the point of view?
2. Who lost control of the United Kingdom under Roman occupation?
3. Why can translations between countries be considered difficult?
4. What occurs when English speaking world leaders are forced to rely on translators?
5. What do the Asian languages have less of than other languages?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)