Chapter 1 The World's Language
1. What language is most commonly chosen by international businesses?
2. What is the study of the English language considered to be?
(a) A requirment in all schools
(b) A large industry in the world
(c) A necessary evil
(d) A waste of time
3. What does the English language's large vocabulary mean to users?
(a) More vowels
(b) More precise expression
(c) More spelling words
(d) More letters of the alphabet
4. What is usually important to users of other languages that the English language expresses with one general category word?
(b) Groups of words
5. What about the English language gives users greater range of expression?
(a) Past and future tenses
(b) More letters of the alphabet
(c) Active and passive voices
(d) More vowel sounds
6. There is debate about the simplicity of English spelling and _________________________.
(b) vowel sounds
7. English speakers then to think their language is ___________________.
(a) difficult to learn
(d) easy to master
This section contains 3,692 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)