|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buckman and Horvath discover that the asteroids were put into place after they had been what?
2. Who wants to go back to the Moties and learn more about them after the Lenin leaves the area?
3. What title does Charlie's Master hold?
4. What describes the Moties language?
5. How many scientists at the full Commission meeting insist that there have been extensive wars in the history of the Moties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once the Motie ambassadors arrive on New Scotland, how do they view the humans?
2. What makes Horace throw a fit while he is moving between the MacArthur and the Lenin?
3. Why are the museums set up on Mote Prime?
4. How do Ben and Rod force Bury into cooperation?
5. Why does Fowler require that the Moties shoot first before the Navy attacks?
6. How has the MacArthur changed from New Chicago through its destruction?
7. Why do the senior officers want to see the tape of the lifeboats' destruction?
8. What is the defense Jock comes up with for the images Kevin shows from the probe before the probe fired on the MacArthur?
9. What do the Moties learn about the reason the MacArthur was destroyed?
10. What does Rod's new position as a Commissioner give him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dr. Horvath and Admiral Kutuzov. Explain how these similarities and differences affect the choices the humans make in the story. Use specific examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the point of telling the story of the midshipmen who crashed on Mote Prime? What does this reveal about the Moties? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do the humans eventually put together the truth about the Moties? What leads the humans to believe the Moties are hiding something? What is the truth? What does this explain about the Motie culture? Use examples from the text in support of your answer.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)