|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the midshipmen crash their lifeboats?
2. The Moties, in Chapter 34, are revealed to be close to war, which will likely lead to what?
3. The midshipmen head to what location, beneath the museum, to defend against the troops?
4. What happens at the beginning of the war council?
5. Once the discussion opens on the Motie counteroffer, Renner wants to know what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Admiral do to send the Commissioners off his ship?
2. How has Horace changed because of his contact with the Moties?
3. What is the story Charlie tells about the condemned man?
4. After the funeral service for the fallen men, how does Kevin help Rod?
5. Who is in charge in Castle City?
6. Once the Motie ambassadors arrive on New Scotland, how do they view the humans?
7. Why does Fowler require that the Moties shoot first before the Navy attacks?
8. What is the defense Jock comes up with for the images Kevin shows from the probe before the probe fired on the MacArthur?
9. Why are the museums set up on Mote Prime?
10. How has the MacArthur changed from New Chicago through its destruction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the text, what is a Crazy Eddie, and why is it an important concept?
Essay Topic 2
What is anthropomorphism? How does anthropomorphism influence the actions of the characters in this story? Provide at least three examples from the text in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the theme of experiencing loss in order to gain play out in the story? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)