|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rod is given a message to carry back to New Scotland that is coded at what level?
2. Ivan panics because he realizes the Commission wants to do what?
3. On board the Lenin, Horace finds his drive to control his environment is what?
4. Who is not present when the full meeting of the Commission is called?
5. What does the Sailing Master think was launched from Mote Prime towards the jump point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first priority of the midshipmen after escaping from the Motie museum?
2. Who is in charge in Castle City?
3. How is Ivan changing every time the Moties discuss something?
4. How are the Moties able to hide their conversations from the humans?
5. Why do the midshipmen choose to die instead of be captured by the Moties?
6. What about the asteroids around Mote Prime shock and amaze the scientists?
7. After the funeral service for the fallen men, how does Kevin help Rod?
8. How has Horace changed because of his contact with the Moties?
9. What happens to Rod at the Court of Inquiry?
10. Why are the Moties not concerned about Kevin and his dislike of their counteroffer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the text, what is a Crazy Eddie, and why is it an important concept?
Essay Topic 2
What is a literary climax? What is the climax of this story? Explain your answer using specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How are Rod's military perspective and Sally's anthropological perspective compared and contrasted in the book? Explain your answer using at least three specific examples from the text.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)