|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kutuzov wants to take the gift ship home but is not excited about what?
(a) Having it connected to his ship.
(b) Having it on board his ship.
(c) Having it near his ship.
(d) Having it near human worlds.
2. When Rod cannot answer the midshipmen's questions, the humans realize it is a Motie doing what?
(a) Playing a tape of Rod's voice.
(b) Creating Rod's voice.
(c) Trying to mimic Rod's voice.
(d) Using Rod's voice.
3. What weapon do the men set to self-destruct on the MacArthur?
(a) Hand guns.
(b) Demolition equipment.
(d) The ships' defensive guns.
4. What is waiting for the Lenin on the other side of the jump point?
(a) A carrier ship.
(b) A cargo sloop.
(c) A transport ship.
(d) A message sloop.
5. Where does the Lenin go after the MacArthur is destroyed?
(a) Further into Motie space.
Short Answer Questions
1. The midshipmen head to what location, beneath the museum, to defend against the troops?
2. Horace is feeling what emotion while on board the Lenin after evacuating from the MacArthur?
3. When Bury is brought to the palace by a group of Marines, he expects to be sentenced for his part in the rebellion at what location?
4. The Commission decides that before anything, the Moties must be given an opportunity to do what?
5. Fowler agrees to go along with the Motie counteroffer if what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the museums set up on Mote Prime?
2. What is the story Charlie tells about the condemned man?
3. What does Rod's new position as a Commissioner give him?
4. Why are the Moties not concerned about Kevin and his dislike of their counteroffer?
5. How do Ben and Rod force Bury into cooperation?
6. What are the different beliefs about the Moties held by the scientists and the military men?
7. How has the MacArthur changed from New Chicago through its destruction?
8. What is the first priority of the midshipmen after escaping from the Motie museum?
9. How does the Chaplin highlight the complexity of humans?
10. Once the Motie ambassadors arrive on New Scotland, how do they view the humans?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)