|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rod cannot answer the midshipmen's questions, the humans realize it is a Motie doing what?
(a) Creating Rod's voice.
(b) Playing a tape of Rod's voice.
(c) Using Rod's voice.
(d) Trying to mimic Rod's voice.
2. Humans exhibit a greater ability to do what than the Moties?
(a) Think spontaneously.
(b) Think without commands.
(c) Think flexibly.
(d) Think rapidly.
3. What do the men sent to the MacArthur to set the self-destruct sequence have to take to get off the MacArthur?
(a) A spacewalk.
(b) Lifeboat pods.
(c) Jet packs.
(d) Space taxi.
4. What has to be overloaded before the Lenin can destroy the MacArthur?
(a) The Bass Field.
(b) The Langston Field.
(c) The Durston Field.
(d) The Armstrong Field.
5. Who predicted the humans would offer to bring the Moties into the Empire with severe limitations?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rod is concerned that he might lose what based on how he votes on the Motie counteroffer?
2. Who assembles for the war council?
3. What are the first stages of the war that breaks out on the Motie planet?
4. With the presentation of the "demon class" of Motie, the Commission decides that the Moties practice what form of population control?
5. What is the name of the nearest city to the museum where the midshipmen gather after crashing to the Motie planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rod at the Court of Inquiry?
2. What is the first priority of the midshipmen after escaping from the Motie museum?
3. How has Horace changed because of his contact with the Moties?
4. What is the key point the discussion of the war council revolves around?
5. What element does Sally and Rod's relationship demonstrate?
6. How does the Chaplin highlight the complexity of humans?
7. Why is the truth about the Moties frightening for other races in the cosmos?
8. Why do the senior officers want to see the tape of the lifeboats' destruction?
9. After the funeral service for the fallen men, how does Kevin help Rod?
10. Why are the Moties not concerned about Kevin and his dislike of their counteroffer?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)