|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men sent to the MacArthur to set the self-destruct sequence have to take to get off the MacArthur?
(a) Jet packs.
(b) A spacewalk.
(c) Lifeboat pods.
(d) Space taxi.
2. When Horace expresses his temper, where is he?
(a) In public.
(b) Never in public.
(c) In the cargo hold of the ship.
(d) In the ship's gym.
3. While Bury is going from the MacArthur to the Lenin, he sees that the Moties have taken over what?
(a) A shuttle.
(b) An air lock.
(c) A space suit.
(d) A space taxi.
4. How many scientists at the full Commission meeting insist that there have been extensive wars in the history of the Moties?
5. What are the first stages of the war that breaks out on the Motie planet?
(a) Parades of warriors.
(b) Acts of little destruction.
(c) Demonstrations of power.
(d) Shows of weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mediators are comfortable prisoners at what location?
2. Buckman and Horvath discover that the asteroids were put into place after they had been what?
3. What do the Moties turn on in their quarters before discussing the limitations of their mission?
4. Which Fyunch wants the midshipmen to get to her master to avoid their sentence?
5. What does the embassy ship claim to have for the humans if they return and talk more with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does curiosity affect the three men who crashed on Mote Prime?
2. What are the different beliefs about the Moties held by the scientists and the military men?
3. Why do the midshipmen choose to die instead of be captured by the Moties?
4. What does Rod's new position as a Commissioner give him?
5. How do Ben and Rod force Bury into cooperation?
6. Why do the senior officers want to see the tape of the lifeboats' destruction?
7. What element does Sally and Rod's relationship demonstrate?
8. How is Ivan changing every time the Moties discuss something?
9. What is inside the museum where the three men who crashed on Mote Prime gather?
10. What happens to Rod at the Court of Inquiry?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)