|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the MacArthur gets to the rendezvous point, what does Rod do?
(a) Call the ship to battle stations.
(b) Run a sensor sweep of the alien ship.
(c) Put all passengers in a central location.
(d) Signal an alert.
2. How many days does Sinclair spend in the tool room before he is assigned a Fyunch?
3. When Blaine is first promoted to Captain, where was he supposed to take the ship for repairs?
(a) New Scotland.
(b) New London.
(c) New France.
(d) New England.
4. What is the Motie who first spots the Empire ship doing when she sees the ship?
(a) Looking for new sources of food.
(b) Looking for new things to teach her class.
(c) Looking for scarce metal resources.
(d) Looking for other signs of water.
5. When the MacArthur learns that another ship is on its way to meet them while they are observing the Moties, where does the MacArthur send a small expedition?
(a) To the Motie asteroid.
(b) To the Motie homeworld.
(c) To the Motie planet.
(d) To the Motie ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Moties invite the MacArthur into orbit around their planet?
2. Who does Horace think cannot prove his guilt about being involved in the rebellion?
3. What title does Sandra Fuller Bright hold?
4. Kutuzov's job is to do what to the MacArthur if it comes under enemy control?
5. Where does Jonathan go so he can have a secure discussion with his captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, finally, impresses everyone that the escaped Moties on the MacArthur pose a problem?
2. Why does the Motie Engineer confuse the humans she first meets with?
3. What is one ability of humans that confuses the Moties?
4. How are the human scientists not being objective observers regarding the Moties?
5. How does Sally raise the tension level surrounding what to do with the alien pod?
6. What words describe Rod Blaine in his first appearance in the book?
7. What does faster than light travel mean for the humans in the story?
8. Why are the humans having such a difficult time initiating communication with the Motie Engineer?
9. What are the reactions of the humans to the reproduction between the small Moties after knowing that one changed from female to male?
10. What emotions does Rod feel when he learns the alien is dead inside the pod?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)