|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is perplexed by the meaning of gender mutation?
2. Who decodes the message Rod is carrying?
(a) The head of the Navy.
(b) Kutuzov's commanding officer.
(c) The head of the Senate.
(d) Kutuzov's personal assistant.
3. Who does Renner ask for help in dealing with Rod?
4. The creatures in the pictures that Kevin flashes at the negotiations are all what?
5. Rod is given a message to carry back to New Scotland that is coded at what level?
(a) General level.
(b) Captain level.
(c) Officer level.
(d) Commander level.
6. What has to be overloaded before the Lenin can destroy the MacArthur?
(a) The Bass Field.
(b) The Armstrong Field.
(c) The Langston Field.
(d) The Durston Field.
7. Jack was asked to do a study and projection of the Motie fleet potential based on what?
(a) Their population and history.
(b) Their space-worthiness.
(c) Their resources and population.
(d) Their technology.
8. Rod is concerned that he might lose what based on how he votes on the Motie counteroffer?
(a) His rank.
(b) His title.
(c) His awards.
9. Fowler agrees to go along with the Motie counteroffer if what?
(a) The Moties tell the truth.
(b) A few things check out.
(c) There is reproduction control on Mote Prime.
(d) The Moties leave New Scotland.
10. Who assembles for the war council?
(a) Everyone on the ship.
(b) Officers and crew.
(c) Scientists and officers.
(d) Crew, scientists, and officers.
11. What do the Moties turn on in their quarters before discussing the limitations of their mission?
(a) The computer.
(b) The radio.
(c) The television.
12. Defiant was wounded during what?
(a) Trading mission to other human worlds.
(b) Initial mission to Mote Prime.
(c) New London rebellion.
(d) New Chicago rebellion.
13. Kevin will serve as Bury's what?
(a) Personal merchant Captain.
(b) Personal jailer.
(c) Personal navigator.
(d) Personal liaison.
14. What happens at the beginning of the war council?
(a) The orders are read.
(b) The orders are shown on screen.
(c) The orders are handed out.
(d) The orders are played on video.
15. What does the embassy ship claim to have for the humans if they return and talk more with it?
(d) Another ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to go back to the Moties and learn more about them after the Lenin leaves the area?
2. The Commission decides that before anything, the Moties must be given an opportunity to do what?
3. What does the Sailing Master think was launched from Mote Prime towards the jump point?
4. On board the Lenin, Horace finds his drive to control his environment is what?
5. Who escorts the Moties to their quarters after leaving the Lenin?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)