|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the discussion opens on the Motie counteroffer, Renner wants to know what?
(a) If each colony will be self-sufficient.
(b) If all classes of Moties will be in each colony.
(c) If each colony will be easily defended.
(d) If reproduction control will be present in each colony.
2. Who suggests that the Moties are so well adapted to free-fall that something allowed these adaptations to occur?
3. What do the Moties turn on in their quarters before discussing the limitations of their mission?
(a) The television.
(c) The radio.
(d) The computer.
4. When Bury is brought to the palace by a group of Marines, he expects to be sentenced for his part in the rebellion at what location?
(a) New Los Angeles.
(b) New Chicago.
(c) New Paris.
(d) New Buenos Ares.
5. Who is going to insist on a full war council before any decisions are made?
6. Sally and Rod are given what title by the Imperial government?
7. Who does Renner ask for help in dealing with Rod?
8. Who do Rod and Sally want to perform their wedding ceremony?
(b) The Senator.
9. What are the first stages of the war that breaks out on the Motie planet?
(a) Parades of warriors.
(b) Demonstrations of power.
(c) Acts of little destruction.
(d) Shows of weapons.
10. What status is the ship at during the funeral service for the midshipmen?
(b) Light jump-ready.
11. What describes the Moties language?
(a) Fast and discordant.
(b) Fast and rhythmic.
(c) Fast and incomprehensible.
(d) Fast and high-pitched.
12. Jock says that Renner is showing what kind of face when the group returns to discuss the Motie counteroffer?
(a) Solemn face.
(b) Happy face.
(c) Sad face.
(d) Poker face.
13. Kutuzov wants to take the gift ship home but is not excited about what?
(a) Having it near his ship.
(b) Having it on board his ship.
(c) Having it near human worlds.
(d) Having it connected to his ship.
14. Who predicted the humans would offer to bring the Moties into the Empire with severe limitations?
15. When the Moties contact the Lenin, where did the lifeboats go and were destroyed?
(a) Into the atmosphere of the planet.
(b) Into the sun.
(c) Into an asteroid.
(d) Into the Motie ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bury is going from the MacArthur to the Lenin, he sees that the Moties have taken over what?
2. Fowler agrees to go along with the Motie counteroffer if what?
3. Who goes to Rob's cabin to interrupt his doldrums?
4. Mote Prime is covered with what type of indentations that are caused by asteroid impacts?
5. The Commission decides that before anything, the Moties must be given an opportunity to do what?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)