|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what technique is used effectively for the first time?
2. What feeling does Horace have about the lack of success of the rebellion?
3. What kinds of civilizations has Sally found while digging on the planet?
(a) Layered civilizations.
(b) Lost civilizations.
(c) Unknown civilizations.
(d) Primitive civilizations.
4. How are the humans on the planet recalled to the ships?
(a) A televised message.
(b) With a communique.
(c) By a messenger.
(d) Secret code.
5. Who invites the Moties onto the cutter?
(a) Dr. Lussen.
(b) Dr. Sinclair.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Horvath.
6. Buckman believes that money and power are to serve the purpose of what?
(d) His family.
7. When Cargill checks the gun batteries, what does he find?
(a) They are empty.
(b) They are filled with mini-Moties.
(c) The Moties have eaten them.
(d) They are missing.
8. Who lets one of the small Motie creatures escape onto the MacArthur?
9. Humanity expanded throughout space rather than becoming what?
10. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Horace search for?
11. What kind of alert does Rod issue when he finds the mini-Moties have made alterations to his ship?
(a) Evacuation alert.
(b) Silent alert.
(c) Intruder alert.
(d) Battle alert.
12. What rank does Whitbred hold?
(a) Petty Officer.
(c) Petty Officer First Class.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 17, how many classifications of Moties does everyone think there is?
14. Why does Rod record everything at the meeting?
(a) For the record.
(b) In case they are captured.
(c) For science.
(d) For discovery.
15. What is the name given, by the humans, to the approaching Motie ship?
(a) Stone Mountain.
(b) Stone Ship.
(c) Stone Rock.
(d) Stone Beehive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of studies did Sally Fowler complete?
2. What kind of activity is occurring on the pod when it is first brought onto the MacArthur?
3. When the shrouds connecting the pod to the sail are cut, what does the pod do?
4. When the MacArthur learns that another ship is on its way to meet them while they are observing the Moties, where does the MacArthur send a small expedition?
5. When Rod holds a dinner party in Part 1, Chapter 3, who is invited?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)