|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person who finally approves of the tunnel from the Motie ship to the cutter?
(a) The Viceroy.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The Chancellor.
2. What kind of picture do the men seek to see in The Church of Him?
(a) A landscape.
(b) A holograph.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A two-dimensional picture.
3. Whitbred finds out that the Moties can predict when Murcheson's Eye will do what?
(a) Create a black hole.
(c) Go supernova.
4. What room are the humans brought to on the Motie ship for observation?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) The brig.
(c) The tool room.
(d) The bridge.
5. Who believes the Moties are spies sent to learn the MacArthur's secrets?
6. What is the name given, by the humans, to the approaching Motie ship?
(a) Stone Mountain.
(b) Stone Beehive.
(c) Stone Ship.
(d) Stone Rock.
7. The thoughts of the female Motie who is the first to spot the Empire ships indicate that the Moties operate in what kind of system?
(a) Caste system.
(b) Primitive system.
(c) Family system.
(d) Free-culture system.
8. When the MacArthur learns that another ship is on its way to meet them while they are observing the Moties, where does the MacArthur send a small expedition?
(a) To the Motie homeworld.
(b) To the Motie asteroid.
(c) To the Motie ship.
(d) To the Motie planet.
9. The humans feel what emotion when they see that the Motie Whitbred brought to the ship is only interested in one thing?
10. What is not present to help Rob get to the Mote system?
(a) Another ship.
(b) A jump point.
(c) Navigation charts.
11. The alien object appears to have come from what system?
(a) Smoke Stack.
(b) Farm Land.
(c) Metal Mines.
(d) Coal Sack.
12. The alien found in the pod is a highly-developed what?
13. What year is it in the Prologue?
(a) 2029 AD.
(b) 4029 AD.
(c) 5029 AD.
(d) 3029 AD.
14. Who volunteers to unload the artifacts from the shuttle to the MacArthur?
(d) No one.
15. The air in what location, has been purified so the humans can breathe?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The atmosphere.
(c) The city.
(d) The Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of activity is occurring on the pod when it is first brought onto the MacArthur?
2. Every picture in the museum is of a Motie doing what?
3. When Whitbred is dressed down into a tight skin suit, what do the Moties do?
4. In response to Sally's first attempt at communication, what does the Motie take apart and rebuild?
5. Who is the person that finds differences between the Brown and Brown/White Moties?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)