|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sally first tries to communicate with the Motie by drawing what?
(a) Mathematical diagram.
(b) Linguistic diagram.
(c) Scientific diagram.
(d) Periodic Table of Elements.
2. The Motie that Whitbred brings to the ship is only interested in what?
3. Who is the person who finally approves of the tunnel from the Motie ship to the cutter?
(a) The Admiral.
(b) The Viceroy.
(c) The Chancellor.
4. How many days does Sinclair spend in the tool room before he is assigned a Fyunch?
5. What year is it in the Prologue?
(a) 3029 AD.
(b) 5029 AD.
(c) 4029 AD.
(d) 2029 AD.
6. Which is the most likely Motie to have switched from female to male on the MacArthur?
(a) The smallest one.
(b) The largest one.
(c) The one who was last off the ship.
(d) The one who recently gave birth.
7. While bringing the pod on board, what happened to the MacArthur?
(a) It was damaged.
(b) It lost gravity.
(c) It lost power.
(d) It lost air.
8. The alien object appears to have come from what system?
(a) Smoke Stack.
(b) Coal Sack.
(c) Metal Mines.
(d) Farm Land.
9. Who is the person that finds differences between the Brown and Brown/White Moties?
10. In response to Sally's first attempt at communication, what does the Motie take apart and rebuild?
(a) The recorder.
(b) The computer.
(c) The space shuttle.
(d) The video camera.
11. How many vessels are going on the mission to The Mote?
12. Buckman believes that money and power are to serve the purpose of what?
(c) His family.
13. When the MacArthur gets to the rendezvous point, what does Rod do?
(a) Run a sensor sweep of the alien ship.
(b) Call the ship to battle stations.
(c) Put all passengers in a central location.
(d) Signal an alert.
14. Whitbred finds out that the Moties can predict when Murcheson's Eye will do what?
(a) Create a black hole.
(c) Go supernova.
15. Why is the MacArthur going to move further away from the Motie ship after the miniature Motie escaped?
(a) To prevent communication.
(b) To exterminate the Motie.
(c) As a preparation for battle.
(d) As a precaution.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Blaine is first promoted to Captain, where was he supposed to take the ship for repairs?
2. Small beings who fix things if left a gift is given what name on the MacArthur?
3. What type of message did Rob receive that told him an alien object had entered the system?
4. What does the Motie try to disassemble when it reaches Whitbred's space taxi?
5. When the shrouds connecting the pod to the sail are cut, what does the pod do?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)