|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fleabottom say he puts whiskey in his medicine?
(a) To make it easier to recruit them for his show.
(b) To help the soldiers enjoy themselves.
(c) It is the best medicine in the world.
(d) It is cheaper.
2. What does Homer see Fleabottom give a rider during the night?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some money.
(c) A book.
(d) A package.
3. How does Homer describe the color of the big man's face?
(a) Whiskery red.
(b) Dangerously yellow.
(c) Boot polish black.
(d) Moon white.
4. Who does Homer think he can see from the New Jersey dock?
(a) His mother.
(c) Samuel Reed.
(d) His brother.
5. Where do the soldiers lock up Homer?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A cupboard.
(c) A barn.
(d) A jail cell.
6. What kind of gas is the balloon filled with?
(c) Carbon monoxide.
7. What is hanging from the confederate soldier's waist?
(a) A baton.
(b) An ax.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) A sword.
8. How does Miss Nibbly and her brother stop Homer from turning them in?
(a) They blackmail him.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They trick him into missing his ship.
(d) They knock him out.
9. What do the crowd chant at Homer?
(a) Bacon for dinner.
(b) Porky, porky pudding and pie.
(c) Piggy, piggy, piggy.
(d) Eat, pig boy, eat.
10. What does Homer say he is chasing as he travels West in the balloon?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The heavens.
11. Who does Fleabottom give money to give Homer a bath?
(a) His bearded woman.
(b) His tattooed girl.
(c) His ice queen.
(d) His Siamese twins.
12. What do the soldiers accuse Fleabottom of doing?
(a) Killing children.
(b) Spying for the south.
(c) Conning people.
(d) Hiring minors.
13. What is the name of the journalist and Homer's fellow prisoner in the barn?
(a) Harold Bloom.
(b) David Love.
(c) Jonathan Griswold.
(d) Paul Wren.
14. What does Homer say strides up to the side of the crate?
(a) A pair of bare, white legs.
(b) A pair of bare brown feet.
(c) A pair of polished boots.
(d) A pair of hairy dog legs.
15. What does Homer say is in the wagon that allows him to become human again?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A pint of beer.
(c) A bucket of soapy water.
(d) A pack of cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of Fleabottom's eyes?
2. What does Fleabottom say is guaranteed about his medicine?
3. What does the confederate soldier call Homer?
4. Who do the soldiers begin to bring into the barn?
5. How does Homer describe Fleabottom's face?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)