|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state is Lancaster a city?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. What is Mr. Willow's job?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A writer.
(d) A journalist.
3. What does Homer say booms into the night as the bottles are handed around?
(a) The soldiers' gun shots.
(b) The professor's voice.
(c) Clinking bottles.
(d) The soldiers' laughs.
4. What does the confederate soldier call Homer?
(a) A Union spy.
(b) A Yankee boy.
(c) A wild boy.
(d) A foreigner.
5. What two characters get engaged in this section?
(a) Mr. Willow and Miss Nibbly.
(b) Homer and Miss. Nibbly.
(c) Mr. Brewster and Mrs. Bean.
(d) Harold and Lauren.
6. What method of transport are Homer and Willow using to travel to Maine?
7. What kind of animal do the crowd think Homer is?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
8. What do the crowd chant at Homer?
(a) Eat, pig boy, eat.
(b) Bacon for dinner.
(c) Piggy, piggy, piggy.
(d) Porky, porky pudding and pie.
9. What city of Main do Willow and Homer arrive in?
10. Who do the soldiers begin to bring into the barn?
(a) The wounded.
11. How does Homer describe Fleabottom's face?
(b) Fat and friendly.
(c) Sharp edged.
(d) Long and narrow.
12. What effect does Fleabottom think the resignation will have on the war?
(a) It will bring a swift end to the war.
(b) It will prolong the war.
(c) It will result in a bloody battle.
(d) It will give the confederates the upperhand.
13. Where does Homer watch most of the medicine show from?
(a) The roof.
(b) The tiger cages.
(c) The grandstand.
(d) His tent.
14. What is the giant balloon tethered to?
(a) A willow tree.
(b) A telegraph pole.
(c) A house.
(d) An elm tree.
15. What do the medicine show set up near?
(a) The houses of parliament.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Army encampment.
(d) The local school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of traveling show does Fleabottom run?
2. Who does Homer think he can see from the New Jersey dock?
3. What is the young man using hot balloons to do?
4. How does Homer describe the color of the big man's face?
5. What does Homer advise Mr. Willow not to tell Mrs. Nibbly?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)