|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homer describe the color of the big man's face?
(a) Moon white.
(b) Whiskery red.
(c) Dangerously yellow.
(d) Boot polish black.
2. Who does the professor say is the only person who knows the answer?
(c) Colonel Sanders.
3. What does the balloon owner say the hot-air balloon is rather than a hot air balloon?
(a) A party balloon.
(b) An airship.
(c) An airplane.
(d) An automobile.
4. Who does Homer threaten to tell about Miss Nibbly?
(a) Mrs. Bean.
(b) Samuel Reed.
(c) The ship's captain.
(d) Mr. Brewster.
5. Why does Fleabottom say he puts whiskey in his medicine?
(a) It is the best medicine in the world.
(b) To help the soldiers enjoy themselves.
(c) It is cheaper.
(d) To make it easier to recruit them for his show.
6. What state does Homer travel to with Fleabottom's show in chapter twenty two?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
7. What does Homer do rather than talk when he is in the pig crate?
8. What does Homer say is in the wagon that allows him to become human again?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A pack of cigarettes.
(c) A pint of beer.
(d) A bucket of soapy water.
9. What does Homer wake up inside of at the beginning of chapter nineteen?
(a) A tiger cage.
(b) A pig crate.
(c) A police cell.
(d) A rescue boat.
10. What kind of traveling show does Fleabottom run?
(a) A freak show.
(b) A medicine show.
(c) A hypnosis show.
(d) A magic show.
11. What does Fleabottom call his medicine?
(a) Wonder Wow.
(b) Miracle Elixir.
(c) Super Substance.
(d) Pow Wow Elixir.
12. Who is accompanying Miss Nibbly on her trip?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her brother.
13. Who surround the medicine show and calls for Fleabottom to surrender?
(a) The town folk.
(b) Union soldiers.
(c) The police.
(d) The confederates.
14. What do the crowd chant at Homer?
(a) Porky, porky pudding and pie.
(b) Piggy, piggy, piggy.
(c) Bacon for dinner.
(d) Eat, pig boy, eat.
15. Who does Fleabottom ask about the whereabouts of Harold?
(b) Traveling show owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Fleabottom wear?
2. What does Homer compare the tear in the balloon to?
3. What is hanging from the confederate soldier's waist?
4. What does Homer say is causing his wild thoughts while in the balloon?
5. What act is after Homer's performance as Pig Boy?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)