|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Willow befriend on the boat?
(a) Miss. Formby.
(b) Mr. Jackson.
(c) Miss Nibbly.
(d) Mrs. Beetroot.
2. What does Homer compare the tear in the balloon to?
(a) A smiling mouth.
(b) A blank face.
(c) A yawning mouth.
(d) A screaming mouth.
3. How does Homer describe the color of the big man's face?
(a) Dangerously yellow.
(b) Moon white.
(c) Whiskery red.
(d) Boot polish black.
4. What is the young man using hot balloons to do?
(a) Find his friends.
(b) Track troop movement.
(c) Esape the war.
(d) Spy on the Union.
5. Who surround the medicine show and calls for Fleabottom to surrender?
(a) The confederates.
(b) Union soldiers.
(c) The town folk.
(d) The police.
6. What kind of traveling show does Fleabottom run?
(a) A freak show.
(b) A medicine show.
(c) A hypnosis show.
(d) A magic show.
7. What does Homer do rather than talk when he is in the pig crate?
8. What does Homer find out Fleabottom puts in his medicine bottles?
(c) Sleeping powder.
9. What do Mr. Willow and Homer have to do in Maine?
(a) Talk to an army general.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Book a hotel.
(d) Catch a ship.
10. Why did the armies stop using hot-air balloons for surveillance?
(a) They were too expensive to run.
(b) They got caught too easily in trees.
(c) The armies would shoot them down.
(d) People refused to fly them.
11. What is the name of the journalist and Homer's fellow prisoner in the barn?
(a) Paul Wren.
(b) Harold Bloom.
(c) David Love.
(d) Jonathan Griswold.
12. What illness does Homer think he has convinced the crowd at the dock he has?
13. What does Homer say he can see in the eyes of the people who surround him?
14. Where does Homer watch most of the medicine show from?
(a) The tiger cages.
(b) The roof.
(c) The grandstand.
(d) His tent.
15. What material is the hot air balloon made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is broken on the wagon Fleabottom stops to help?
2. Who does Mr. Brewster ask to accompany Homer in his search for Harold?
3. What kind of animal do the crowd think Homer is?
4. What does Homer immediately realize Miss Nibbly and her brother are?
5. What is the giant balloon tethered to?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)