Lesson 1 (from Chapters 1-4)
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce the character of Homer.
1. With the students, brainstorm all the places they think Homer goes in her spare time. Divide the students into pairs and ask them to choose one of the settings and develop a conversation between Homer and one of her friends.
2. Divide the students into two groups. One group should research Homer's life and the other group should think of questions they like to ask Homer about her life. Finish the lesson with a question and answer session.
3. Divide the students into pairs or groups of three. Ask them to use magazine pictures to make a picture story of Homer's life.
4. Homework. Write Homer's character background.
Lesson 2 (from Chapters 1-4)
The aim of this lesson is to introduce the character of Harold.
1. With the students, brainstorm all the places they think Harold goes in her...
This section contains 4,649 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)