|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilfred disguise himself as in "A Slice of Life"?
2. What is Augustine's fiancee's name?
3. What is the title of the first story in "Stanley Featherstonehaugh Ukridge"?
4. What does George make a point of doing everyday?
5. How is Augustine's character described in "Mulliner's Buck-U-Uppo"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the characters in "The Amazing Hat Mystery" described?
2. In "Noblesse Oblige," what mistake does Freddie Widgeon make when he meets an 'old friend' in Cannes?
3. What problems does Ukridge encounter because of his money-making scheme in "Ukridge's Dog College"?
4. What scheme does Ukridge and his friends come up with in "Ukridge's Accident Syndicate"?
5. How is Osbert Mulliner threatened in "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner"?
6. How is Ukridge outsmarted in "Buttercup Day"?
7. What does Ukridge do in "A Bit of Luck for Mabel" to get kicked out of his aunt's house?
8. Why does Drusilla break off her date with Freddie in "Noblesse Oblige"?
9. How does fate step in to ensure Teddy gets injured in "Ukridge's Accident Syndicate"?
10. How does Archibald disguise himself in "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character Freddie Widgeon. What are his defining character traits? In which stories is he found? What takes place in these stories? Why is Freddie considered unlucky?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "The Most of P.G. Wodehouse." What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)