|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Freddie in "Noblesse Oblige"?
2. How does Archibald decide he will impress Aurelia's aunt?
3. What is the name of Ukridge's aunt?
4. From whom does Ukridge steal a jacket?
5. What does George make a point of doing everyday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scheme does Ukridge come up with in the story "Buttercup Day"?
2. How does Percy ruin Ukridge's chances with Myrtle in "Ukridge and the Old Stepper"?
3. Why does Mavis leave Freddie in "Fate"?
4. How does George plan to overcome his stammer in "The Truth About George"?
5. What is the significance of the title "Tried in the Furnace"?
6. Why does Ukridge go to Market Deeping in "Ukridge and the Old Stepper," and whom does he fall in love with there?
7. Why does Drusilla break off her date with Freddie in "Noblesse Oblige"?
8. How does Stanley Ukridge seek to make his fortune in "Ukridge's Dog College"?
9. How does Archibald disguise himself in "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"?
10. How does "The Truth About George" end happily?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of luck in "The Most of P.G. Wodehouse." Which characters are lucky? Which are unlucky? How does a character's luck or lack of luck create a comedic undertone to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of fate in "The Most of P.G. Wodehouse." What are some examples of the motif of fate in the stories in the collection? How does Wodehouse use this element in a comical way?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)