|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Weatherby take at the Steptoes' house?
2. What is the full title for the King's teacher that is shortened to "Pro"?
(a) Professor of the King's Wishes.
(b) Promoter of the King's Happiness.
(c) Protector of the King's Throne.
(d) Producer of the King's Schedule.
3. What song does Jeeves suggest for Bertie to sing in "Jeeves and the Song of Songs"?
(a) Sonny Boy.
(b) Ging Gang Goolie.
(c) Pale Moon.
(d) Farewell Blues.
4. Who is Weatherby's employer?
(a) Mr. Tupper.
(b) Mr. Jackson.
(c) Mr. Firby-Smith.
(d) Mr. Duff.
5. Why does Lord Holbeton go to Italy?
(a) To attend school.
(b) To get voice training.
(c) To vacation on a yacht.
(d) To study art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Reverend drop on the way to the pulpit?
2. What is Mrs. Chavender's relation to Mrs. Steptoe?
3. What is the name of Mr. Duff's secretary?
4. Who is Mary Burgess related to?
5. Who suggests that the King has broken with the kingdom's religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "High Stakes," how does Bradbury escape his wife's wrath after losing his valet Blizzard in a golf game?
2. What does Lord Holbeton do with the trust money he is able to get?
3. What does Brusiloff reveal about Cuthbert that wins him the admiration of Adeline?
4. How does Mary help Rollo improve his golf game in "The Awakening of Rollo Podmarsh"?
5. What effect does Mrs. Steptoe hope Lord Holbeton will have on her husband?
6. At the end of "The Great Sermon Handicap," who has placed the successful bet?
7. What ruins Jopp's chance to win the American Amateur Championship in "The Heel of Achilles"?
8. What deal does Bedford make with Emsworth in "Pig-hoo-o-o-o-ey!"?
9. How is the romance between Mr. Duff and Mrs. Chavender renewed?
10. What does Jeeves tell Bingo would be the best strategy to impress Mary Burgess in "The Metropolitan Touch"?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)