|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Great Sermon Handicap," Bertie knows that the Reverend does a long sermon on _____________.
(a) Noah and the Arc.
(c) Divine Judgement.
(d) Brotherly love.
2. What is the game that the captured man teaches the King?
3. What does Chibnall's fiancée do for a living?
(a) She is a housekeeper.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a nanny.
4. What is the name of the Steptoes' house?
(a) Twing Hall.
(b) Marling Hall.
(c) Claines Hall.
(d) Deverill Hall.
5. What song does Jeeves suggest for Bertie to sing in "Jeeves and the Song of Songs"?
(a) Farewell Blues.
(b) Pale Moon.
(c) Ging Gang Goolie.
(d) Sonny Boy.
6. Whom does Adeline Smethurst say she will marry?
(a) Someone who has invented something.
(b) Someone who has impeccable taste.
(c) Someone who has done something worthwhile.
(d) Someone who has gone somewhere amazing.
7. What does Jeeves suggest Bingo should do to win over Mary?
(a) Improve his appearance.
(b) Make friends with her parents.
(c) Devote himself to good works.
(d) Get himself in the newspaper.
8. Why doesn't Jeeves mind that Bingo's play is unsuccessful?
(a) Jeeves enjoyed the play anyway.
(b) Jeeves bet against Bingo's chances of success.
(c) Jeeves loves to see Bingo fail.
(d) Jeeves doesn't want Mary to associate with Bingo.
9. What group does Mrs. Smethurst belong to in "The Clicking of Cuthburt"?
(a) A Russian Culture Society.
(b) A Sport Appreciation Society.
(c) A Geographic Society.
(d) A Literary Society.
10. In "The Heel of Achilles," Amelia says she will marry Jopp if he wins which competition?
(a) The American Open.
(b) The American Amateur Championship.
(c) The Royal Golf Open.
(d) The British Open.
11. Where do the Steptoes go at the end of the story?
(c) New York.
12. What group does Mr. Filmer work for?
(a) The Temperance League.
(b) The Anti-Gambling League.
(c) The Anti-Tobacco League.
(d) The Healthy-Living League.
13. Who is Mary Burgess related to?
14. Who does the woman Rollo is in love with want to marry?
(a) A hero.
(b) An artist.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A Lord.
15. Who is Chibnall engaged to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weatherby's connection with Sally?
2. In "The Awakening of Rollo Podmarsh," Rollo is in love with _______________.
3. What are the names of the twins in "The Great Sermon Handicap"?
4. What is the name of Mr. Duff's secretary?
5. What is the name of Bradybury Fisher's prized valet in "High Stakes"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)