|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the officer confronts Bukowski in "My Big-Assed Mother," what does he keep trying to undo (which Bukowski manages to keep from happening)?
(a) Bukowski's button-up shirt.
(b) A giant knot the women brought with them.
(c) The door-chain.
(d) His belt.
2. What does Jeff do that incites a round of violence in "A Drinking Partner," shocking and disgusting Bukowski?
(a) Pushes a nun onto a busy road.
(b) Breaks a chair over a man's head.
(c) Shoves a pregnant woman down the stairs.
(d) Threatens to beat their waitress.
3. Under what name is Hitler living in "Swastika?"
4. About whom does Bukowski speak when he is with Wendy?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(c) Bukowski's ex-wife.
(d) James Thurber.
5. Off the coast of what country does one of the U.S. government's bombs split open?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story overtakes any stories about the U.S. government's accidental contamination of other countries' coasts?
2. Fill in the blank: Bukowski and Madge win big on Claremount III and __________.
3. In the bar, what is the occupation of the man that is "sort of" the prostitute's husband?
4. What does the unnamed narrator of "Trouble with a Battery" reveal to have been the reason he picked up a prostitute in the first place?
5. According to Bukowski, he is twenty-nine years old in "My Big-Assed Mother," but looks what age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ginny?
2. How does Bukowski force the police to leave in "My Big-Assed Mother?"
3. Describe the ironic encounter between Mason and the waiter at the end of "All the Great Writers."
4. What is the fate of the president after the surgeries are completed?
5. Describe Tito and Baby.
6. What are some of the factors Tony and Bill discuss before seeing their stolen corpse for the first time?
7. What happens when Bukowski decides to not correct the visitors' assumption that he himself is Andre?
8. What is significant about Andrew's conversation with his girlfriend?
9. What is significant about the condition of the stolen corpse in "The Copulating Mermaid of Venice, California" and how do Tony and Bill react to it?
10. What are the logistics of Harry's plan to recover the gold from the artillery range?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)