|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony claim about himself and the corpse?
(a) He claims that the corpse is his dead boss.
(b) He claims that the corpse was responsive to him during sex.
(c) He claims that he dated the woman while she was still alive.
(d) He claims he is in love.
2. What does Gramercy Edwards do that disgusts Bukowski?
(a) Sets a bird on fire.
(b) Butchers a bulldog.
(c) Beats a man for being on the wrong side of the street.
(d) Throws a glass at a child.
3. What rumor does Lincoln believe about Vasquez?
(a) Vasquez keeps five thousand dollars in his home.
(b) Vasquez is a drug dealer.
(c) Vasquez is a pedophile.
(d) Vasquez is a murderer.
4. Which of the following is not a trait shared by Bukowski and Jeff in "A Drinking Partner?"
(c) Heavy drinker.
(d) Light eater.
5. What spurs Bukowski to comment on the events of 1968 in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
(a) He feels passionate about politics.
(b) He is hoping to attract some journalistic work with his writings.
(c) He feels angry that he is not considered a voice of reason about current events.
(d) A reader questions him about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Bukowski's time at the track in "The Beginner?"
2. What job are Bukowski, Herb, and Talbot performing during "The White Beard?"
3. What does Marie resist sleeping with Charlie?
4. What story overtakes any stories about the U.S. government's accidental contamination of other countries' coasts?
5. In the bar, what is the occupation of the man that is "sort of" the prostitute's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens off of the coast of Spain in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
2. Describe Martin Blanchard.
3. Who is Ginny?
4. Describe the ironic encounter between Mason and the waiter at the end of "All the Great Writers."
5. What is the fate of the president after the surgeries are completed?
6. Why does Marie take in Charlie in "A Lovely Love Affair?"
7. What happens to Blanchard after the attack?
8. What are the logistics of Harry's plan to recover the gold from the artillery range?
9. Why does Madge first take Bukowski to Hollywood Park?
10. At the end of the story, what is revealed as the reason for the narrator's presence at the bar, and what does this suggest about his feelings on the whole encounter?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)