|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the little girl in "The Fiend" wearing that catches Blanchard's attention?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A bow in her hair.
(c) Mary Janes.
(d) Ruffled panties.
2. What does Duke wish to do with Ginny for the long-term?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He wants her to move in with them.
(c) He wants her to become pregnant with his child.
(d) He wants her to help them collect the gold.
3. What word does Jeff cry out after throwing the husband and wife down the stairwell?
4. What does Blanchard tell the cops that results in the two officers reacting with violence?
(a) He tells them the girl had consented.
(b) He tells them he could not control himself.
(c) He tells them that there is nothing wrong with what he did.
(d) He tells them that the children are lying.
5. What is Bukowski's opinion about the people in charge in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
(a) They are idiots.
(b) He does not quite agree with the need for a government.
(c) They are true leaders.
(d) They deserve respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the officer confronts Bukowski in "My Big-Assed Mother," what does he keep trying to undo (which Bukowski manages to keep from happening)?
2. Who stars in the movie that the narrator of "Trouble with a Battery" tries to discuss with the prostitute?
3. After he is no longer in contact with Tito and Baby, what does Bukowski claim to appreciate from their encounter?
4. In what mood is Bukowski at the end of "The Day We Talked About James Thurber?"
5. What language is expressly forbidden around Hitler-as-the-President in "Swastika?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bukowski decide to find a better girlfriend than Madge at the end of the story?
2. What happens to Blanchard after the attack?
3. What does Charlie leave Marie?
4. Why does Bukowski refuse to acquaint himself with Gramercy Edwards in "A Drinking Partner?"
5. What is significant about the U.S.S. Pueblo?
6. What are the logistics of Harry's plan to recover the gold from the artillery range?
7. What is significant about Andrew's conversation with his girlfriend?
8. How does Bukowski force the police to leave in "My Big-Assed Mother?"
9. What is the fate of the president after the surgeries are completed?
10. What happens off of the coast of Spain in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)