|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mason tell James Burkett to do in "All the Great Writers?"
(a) Move to a different city.
(b) Not to quit his day job.
(c) Study Bukowski for inspiration.
(d) Find a new publisher.
2. What is Bukowski's opinion about the people in charge in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
(a) They are idiots.
(b) They are true leaders.
(c) They deserve respect.
(d) He does not quite agree with the need for a government.
3. Which assassination or assassinations does Hitler claim to have been behind in "Swastika?"
(a) The Kennedys'.
(b) Medgar Evans.
(c) John Lennon
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. How old is the prostitute who joins the three men in "The White Beard?"
5. Why does Bukowski punch Andre's male admirer in the face?
(a) He nearly throws up on Wendy.
(b) He was inappropraite with his fingers.
(c) He tries to kiss Bukowski.
(d) He hurts Andre's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski attempt to read during oral sex in "My Big-Assed Mother?"
2. At what address are the surgeries on the president of the United States performed in "Swastika?"
3. What is Bukowski's alias in "A Lovely Love Affair?"
4. How does Ramon Vasquez die?
5. What is the little girl in "The Fiend" wearing that catches Blanchard's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the preparations taken before the conspiracy to replace the President's brain and larynx with Hitler's own body parts.
2. What happens to Blanchard after the attack?
3. What happens off of the coast of Spain in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
4. What is significant about Andrew's conversation with his girlfriend?
5. What is significant about the U.S.S. Pueblo?
6. Describe Martin Blanchard.
7. What are some of the factors Tony and Bill discuss before seeing their stolen corpse for the first time?
8. Why does Bukowski decide to find a better girlfriend than Madge at the end of the story?
9. Describe Herb and Talbot's relationship.
10. What happens when Bukowski decides to not correct the visitors' assumption that he himself is Andre?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)