|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what name is Hitler living in "Swastika?"
2. Why does Bukowski ask Madge to keep her skirt pulled down while they are at the race track?
(a) He notices a better-looking man checking out her legs.
(b) He does not want her to look trashy.
(c) He is repulsed when she is trying to be sexy.
(d) He is afraid that they will be kicked out.
3. What causes Bukowski to vomit in "The Day We Talked About James Thurber?"
(a) Psychotropic mushrooms.
(c) Andre's sexual proclivities.
(d) Andre's male organ.
4. Fill in the blank: Bukowski and Madge win big on Claremount III and __________.
(a) Sandy Beaches.
(b) Lucky Max.
(d) Ace of Spades.
5. At what address are the surgeries on the president of the United States performed in "Swastika?"
(a) 1900 Lakeview Avenue.
(b) 1984 Huxley Street.
(c) 3568 Government Drive.
(d) 2435 Shoreham Drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gramercy Edwards do that disgusts Bukowski?
2. What is Jeff and Bukowski's favorite bar?
3. After murdering Vasquez, how much money do Lincoln and Andrew steal?
4. What does Mason tell James Burkett to do in "All the Great Writers?"
5. What does the unnamed narrator of "Trouble with a Battery" reveal to have been the reason he picked up a prostitute in the first place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ironic encounter between Mason and the waiter at the end of "All the Great Writers."
2. What does Bukowski mean when he disagrees with Herb's assessment that the schoolchildren who were killed in the explosion never got laid?
3. Why does Marie take in Charlie in "A Lovely Love Affair?"
4. What is significant about the prostitute's brother in "Trouble with a Battery?"
5. What is significant about the condition of the stolen corpse in "The Copulating Mermaid of Venice, California" and how do Tony and Bill react to it?
6. What does Charlie leave Marie?
7. What leads up to Bukowski never seeing Jeff again in "A Drinking Partner?"
8. How and why does Vasquez extend his hospitality to Lincoln and Andrew?
9. How does Bukowski force the police to leave in "My Big-Assed Mother?"
10. What are Henry Mason's opinions about artists?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)