|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Talbot choose to not sleep with the prostitute?
(a) He grows fearful of catching a disease.
(b) He loses his desire after Herb describes what he did to her.
(c) He thinks the girl is too young.
(d) He is afraid that she will be too tired after being with the other two men.
2. How many languages does Andre speak?
3. What is the little girl in "The Fiend" wearing that catches Blanchard's attention?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) Mary Janes.
(c) Ruffled panties.
(d) A bow in her hair.
4. What business does Marie in "A Lovely Love Affair" run?
(a) A Spanish bookstore.
(b) A French coffee house.
(c) A New Orlean's cafe.
(d) A German deli.
5. What is Bukowski's opinion about the people in charge in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
(a) They are true leaders.
(b) They are idiots.
(c) They deserve respect.
(d) He does not quite agree with the need for a government.
6. What does Bukowski claim to be doing with Tito and Baby to the police officer?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Painting a picture.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Listening to the radio.
7. What do Tony and Bill do to the corpse before disposing of it at the end of the story?
(a) They rape the corpse.
(b) They dismember the corpse.
(c) They burn the corpse.
(d) They dress the corpse up.
8. What is Bukowski's alias in "A Lovely Love Affair?"
(a) Michael Stones.
(b) Terrence Huxley.
(c) Alan Smithee.
(d) Charlie Serkin.
9. What does Jeff do that incites a round of violence in "A Drinking Partner," shocking and disgusting Bukowski?
(a) Threatens to beat their waitress.
(b) Pushes a nun onto a busy road.
(c) Breaks a chair over a man's head.
(d) Shoves a pregnant woman down the stairs.
10. What does Blanchard tell the cops that results in the two officers reacting with violence?
(a) He tells them he could not control himself.
(b) He tells them that the children are lying.
(c) He tells them that there is nothing wrong with what he did.
(d) He tells them the girl had consented.
11. What language is expressly forbidden around Hitler-as-the-President in "Swastika?"
12. When the officer confronts Bukowski in "My Big-Assed Mother," what does he keep trying to undo (which Bukowski manages to keep from happening)?
(a) A giant knot the women brought with them.
(b) Bukowski's button-up shirt.
(c) His belt.
(d) The door-chain.
13. How much money does Mason give Ainsworth Hockley?
14. Fill in the blank: Surgeons replace the president's brain and ________ with those of Hitler's.
15. Why is the prostitute's brother acting as a bodyguard in "Trouble with a Battery?"
(a) The brother likes to beat people up, unprovoked.
(b) The brother is simple, and this is the prositute's way of keeping him close.
(c) One of the girls was attacked and cut.
(d) The prostitute is wanted by the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What section of the hospital has Bukowski just left in "The Beginner?"
2. What is Herb's trademark noise in "The White Beard?"
3. While Lincoln tortures Vasquez, how does Andrew spend his time?
4. What does Gramercy Edwards do that disgusts Bukowski?
5. What do the police officers do to Blanchard before taking him to the station?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)