|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blanchard tell the cops that results in the two officers reacting with violence?
(a) He tells them he could not control himself.
(b) He tells them the girl had consented.
(c) He tells them that the children are lying.
(d) He tells them that there is nothing wrong with what he did.
2. What does not appear to be one of Tony and Billy's concerns when they steal the corpse?
(b) Rigor mortis.
3. Describe the corpse Tony and Bill steal.
(a) Overweight senior citizen.
(b) A large man.
(c) Beautiful blonde.
(d) Plain redhead.
4. How does Ramon Vasquez die?
(a) His throat is slit.
(b) Lincoln drowns him in his pool.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He drowns in his own blood.
5. What business does Marie in "A Lovely Love Affair" run?
(a) A French coffee house.
(b) A New Orlean's cafe.
(c) A Spanish bookstore.
(d) A German deli.
6. After he is no longer in contact with Tito and Baby, what does Bukowski claim to appreciate from their encounter?
(a) The police officer for providing dialogue inspiration for his new book.
(b) Baby's neck massage.
(c) The memories.
(d) Tito's skill at oral sex.
7. According to Bill, what animals will probably attack the corpse off of Venice Beach?
8. What section of the hospital has Bukowski just left in "The Beginner?"
(a) Charity Ward.
(d) Intensive Care.
9. At what address are the surgeries on the president of the United States performed in "Swastika?"
(a) 2435 Shoreham Drive.
(b) 3568 Government Drive.
(c) 1900 Lakeview Avenue.
(d) 1984 Huxley Street.
10. What does Jeff do that incites a round of violence in "A Drinking Partner," shocking and disgusting Bukowski?
(a) Shoves a pregnant woman down the stairs.
(b) Pushes a nun onto a busy road.
(c) Threatens to beat their waitress.
(d) Breaks a chair over a man's head.
11. According to Bukowski, he is twenty-nine years old in "My Big-Assed Mother," but looks what age?
12. About whom does Bukowski speak when he is with Wendy?
(a) James Thurber.
(c) Bukowski's ex-wife.
(d) Ezra Pound.
13. What animals must Harry and Duke be wary of when they go to mine the gold?
14. From what has Ginny just escaped?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A closet.
(c) Police custody.
(d) Mental institution.
15. On the first morning Charlie stays with Marie, what does she leave behind?
(a) Her checkbook.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Her photo albums.
(d) Her diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mason give Ainsworth Hockley?
2. What is Bukowski's opinion about the people in charge in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
3. What do Tony and Bill do to the corpse before disposing of it at the end of the story?
4. What is Jeff and Bukowski's favorite bar?
5. Under what name is Hitler living in "Swastika?"
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)