|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the prostitute, what is the true occupation of Jaime Bravo (supposedly the identity of her brother)?
2. Like many of his contemporaries (including Bukowski), on what has Andre been cheated?
(a) Magazine positions.
(b) Movie contracts.
(c) Speaking engagements.
(d) Book deals.
3. What word does Jeff cry out after throwing the husband and wife down the stairwell?
4. Describe the corpse Tony and Bill steal.
(a) Beautiful blonde.
(b) A large man.
(c) Overweight senior citizen.
(d) Plain redhead.
5. Which assassination or assassinations does Hitler claim to have been behind in "Swastika?"
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Medgar Evans.
(c) John Lennon
(d) The Kennedys'.
6. What tragedy occurs at the end of "The White Beard?"
(a) A flashflood destroys the town.
(b) A school bus is bombed.
(c) A house collapses.
(d) The church catches on fire.
7. What is the little girl in "The Fiend" wearing that catches Blanchard's attention?
(a) Ruffled panties.
(b) A bow in her hair.
(c) A pink dress.
(d) Mary Janes.
8. What is Henry Mason's occupation?
(a) Book publisher.
(b) Magazine editor.
9. How does Blanchard keep the two little boys under control while he rapes the girl?
(a) He threatens them with violence.
(b) He locks them in a soundproof room.
(c) He promises them presents.
(d) He tells them that he is a doctor taking care of their sick friend.
10. What is Jeff and Bukowski's favorite bar?
(a) Jones's Distillery.
(b) The Roach's Den.
(c) The Hair of the Dog.
(d) The Green Light.
11. What does Talbot swear to do one night in the future?
(a) Blow up their manager's office.
(b) Kill Herb.
(c) Steal Herb's money and run away.
(d) Pick up a prostitute.
12. From what has Ginny just escaped?
(a) Police custody.
(b) Mental institution.
(c) A closet.
(d) A dungeon.
13. According to his description, what part of Harry's body instantly provokes hatred towards him?
(a) His nostrils.
(b) His lips.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His arms.
14. What do the police officers do to Blanchard before taking him to the station?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They take him to see the battered girl.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They force him into a room with the girl's father.
15. What does Jeff do that incites a round of violence in "A Drinking Partner," shocking and disgusting Bukowski?
(a) Pushes a nun onto a busy road.
(b) Threatens to beat their waitress.
(c) Shoves a pregnant woman down the stairs.
(d) Breaks a chair over a man's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason tell James Burkett to do in "All the Great Writers?"
2. What is Bukowski's opinion about the people in charge in "Politics is like Trying to Screw a Cat in the Ass?"
3. Why does Harry reckon he is going to have to kill Ginny and Duke?
4. What is the disparity in the looks of the two women versus their true age in "My Big-Assed Mother?"
5. What causes Bukowski to vomit in "The Day We Talked About James Thurber?"
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)