|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "All the Pussy We Want," for what reasons does Harry claim gold is thrown up above ground?
(b) Land mines.
(c) Artillery shells.
2. While Lincoln tortures Vasquez, how does Andrew spend his time?
(a) Masturbating to the paintings.
(b) Calling his girlfriend.
(c) Ransacking the house.
(d) Cleaning their fingerprints.
3. Under what name is Hitler living in "Swastika?"
4. What does Bukowski attempt to read during oral sex in "My Big-Assed Mother?"
(b) Racing form.
(c) Tito's fiction writing.
(d) The daily editorials.
5. What is the little girl in "The Fiend" wearing that catches Blanchard's attention?
(a) Ruffled panties.
(b) A pink dress.
(c) A bow in her hair.
(d) Mary Janes.
6. What section of the hospital has Bukowski just left in "The Beginner?"
(a) Intensive Care.
(d) Charity Ward.
7. What does Blanchard tell the cops that results in the two officers reacting with violence?
(a) He tells them that the children are lying.
(b) He tells them he could not control himself.
(c) He tells them the girl had consented.
(d) He tells them that there is nothing wrong with what he did.
8. What does Mason tell James Burkett to do in "All the Great Writers?"
(a) Not to quit his day job.
(b) Move to a different city.
(c) Study Bukowski for inspiration.
(d) Find a new publisher.
9. What does Jeff do that incites a round of violence in "A Drinking Partner," shocking and disgusting Bukowski?
(a) Threatens to beat their waitress.
(b) Pushes a nun onto a busy road.
(c) Breaks a chair over a man's head.
(d) Shoves a pregnant woman down the stairs.
10. At what address are the surgeries on the president of the United States performed in "Swastika?"
(a) 2435 Shoreham Drive.
(b) 1900 Lakeview Avenue.
(c) 1984 Huxley Street.
(d) 3568 Government Drive.
11. What business does Marie in "A Lovely Love Affair" run?
(a) A New Orlean's cafe.
(b) A Spanish bookstore.
(c) A German deli.
(d) A French coffee house.
12. What rumor does Lincoln believe about Vasquez?
(a) Vasquez is a pedophile.
(b) Vasquez is a drug dealer.
(c) Vasquez keeps five thousand dollars in his home.
(d) Vasquez is a murderer.
13. What does Lincoln force Vasquez to do when he loses his temper?
(a) Vasquez is forced to hand over a great deal of money to Lincoln.
(b) Vasquez is forced to perform fellatio on the two men.
(c) Vasquez is forced to re-enact some of his more famous scenes in the nude.
(d) Vasquez is forced to break up with his lover at gun point.
14. What tragedy occurs at the end of "The White Beard?"
(a) A flashflood destroys the town.
(b) A house collapses.
(c) A school bus is bombed.
(d) The church catches on fire.
15. What is Henry Mason's occupation?
(a) Book publisher.
(b) Magazine editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mason give Ainsworth Hockley?
2. What does Gramercy Edwards do that disgusts Bukowski?
3. Off the coast of what country does one of the U.S. government's bombs split open?
4. Where does Blanchard corner the girl and her two friends?
5. How does Blanchard keep the two little boys under control while he rapes the girl?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)