|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Copulating Mermaid of Venice, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tony and Bill do to the corpse before disposing of it at the end of the story?
(a) They rape the corpse.
(b) They dismember the corpse.
(c) They burn the corpse.
(d) They dress the corpse up.
2. What does Tony claim about himself and the corpse?
(a) He claims he is in love.
(b) He claims that the corpse was responsive to him during sex.
(c) He claims that he dated the woman while she was still alive.
(d) He claims that the corpse is his dead boss.
3. Where do Joe and Cherry ultimately end up together at the end of "The Birth, Life and Death of an Underground Newspaper?"
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
4. Who interrupts Bukowski while he is writing the story of the twelve monkeys?
(a) Crazy Jack.
5. When he is interrogated about his column in Joe and Cherry's newspaper, what other charge is brought to Bukowski's attention?
(a) He once skipped paying bail after a drunken bender.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) His delinquincy in child support payments.
(d) He was brought up on charges of spousal abuse in his earlier years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joe unable to commit suicide after his paper folds?
2. Where do the women go the morning after Bukowski has slept with each of them in "3 Women?"
3. What is Borst doing when his house is invaded by friends?
4. At the beginning of "3 Women," what happens to the tenant upstairs?
5. What sort of charges result from the publication of Joe and Cherry's newpaper?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)