|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the smells that greet Russell after her long bath on the morning after her return to Lew Trenchard?
(a) Tea and crumpets
(b) Coffee and yeast bread
(c) Lavendar and Roses
(d) Wet wood burning and drying wool
2. What is the nickname given to Russell by the people of hte moor?
(a) Zherlock Mary
(b) Znoop Russell
(c) Znoop Mary
(d) Mrs. Znoop Zherlock
3. What does Ketteridge use to tie up Holmes?
(a) Blasting cord
(b) Heavy rope
4. What is the idiosyncrasy Russell discovers about the horse she's riding?
(a) He's eager to run
(b) He hates birds
(c) He goes left when she urges him to go right
(d) He shies
5. What position does the young man named Adam hold, according to Baring-Gould?
(b) Head beekeeper
(d) Groundskeeper at Lew Trenchard
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sandwich does Russell eat when she stops at the place where Tiggy was found?
2. How does Russell get word to Holmes that she's going to be late?
3. Who pushes the plunger setting off the charges Ketteridge and Scheimann planted?
4. What does Russell come to realize about the trip home in Ketteridge's car the night after her horse was injured?
5. When does Miss Baskerville say she plans to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the conversation between Russell and the man who says that Elizabeth Chase wants to see her.
2. What does Holmes say he believe to be the purpose of the pipes he found buried near the old tin works?
3. What does Inspector Fyfe say about Pethering's body?
4. How is Russell greeted when she reaches Baskerville Hall and what is the conclusion she comes to?
5. Describe the conversation between Russell and Ketteridge about the tors.
6. What does Holmes believe to be the truth about Scheimann's disposal of Pethering's body and what is Russell's reaction?
7. What does Russell do to express her appreciation of Elizabeth Chase's ability to be a good witness and what is Elizabeth's reaction to Russell's action?:
8. What is the story Elizabeth Chase tells about the hedgehog?
9. Describe the moment in which Russell's attitude about the moor changes?
10. Describe Ketteridge's mood when Russell goes downstairs after her bath and what does Russell note about his appearance?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)