|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ketteridge use to tie up Holmes?
(a) Heavy rope
(c) Blasting cord
2. Where is Wheal Betsy located?
(a) Just south of Mary Tavy
(b) At the foot of Gibbett Hill
(c) Just west of Mary Tavy
(d) Just north of Mary Tavy
3. Who drives on the day Holmes and Russell take Baring-Gould for one last trip onto the moor?
(b) There's no indication who drove
4. What is the nationality of Ketteridge's cook?
5. How does Baring-Gould arrive at the scene of Pethering's body?
(a) On horseback
(b) He walks
(c) In a sedan chair
(d) He doesn't
6. What does Baring-Gould say he'd dreamed of?
(a) Being married to his childhood sweetheart
(b) Being caught in a storm on the moor
(c) Being a child by the seashore
(d) Drowning in a flooded quarry
7. What day of the week does Samuel see the hound?
8. Which of the following are among the things Russell notes about Postbridge?
(a) There are many houses in a rouch circle around the town's center
(b) There are no church buildings but there is a school
(c) There are two churches and a phone kiosk
(d) There are three places to buy liquor and one place to eat
9. Where does Russell decide to take the injured horse?
(a) Lew Trenchard
(b) A nearby farm
(c) Baskerville Hall
(d) Elizabeth Chase's house
10. What is Schiemann's interest in Baskerville Hall?
(a) His cousins owned it
(b) He had no interest in it
(c) His father was cheated out of inheriting it
(d) He'd read about it
11. In chapter eleven, Russell stays at Mary Tavy inn. What is it that a young man gives Russell?
(a) Useful information
(b) A tin whistle
(c) A map of the moor with sightings listed
(d) A pair of binoculars
12. What is used to sweeten the tea served at Elizabeth Chases's house?
13. What is the name of the horse Russell takes for her trip onto the moor?
14. What is Pethering's real name, according to a telegram that arrives just as Holmes and Russell are setting down to dinner?
(a) Richard Pritchard
(b) Ricardo Pethering
(c) Peter Richards
(d) Randolph Parker
15. What is the first thing Russell sees in the formal drawing room of Miss Baskerville's house?
(a) A statue
(b) A portrait
(c) Miss Baskerville
(d) A copy of Baring-Gould's book
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel Taylor say about the new owners of his farm?
2. How many of the people at the inn at the beginning of chapter eleven know who Russell is?
3. What does Miss Baskerville say happened to strengthen her resolve to find a tenant for Baskerville Hall?
4. How does Russell make her way from her hotel back to the train for the return trip to the moor?
5. Where is Elizabeth Chase when Russell first sees her?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)