|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 26, Author's Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ketteridge using to cover the sounds of his "salting" the moor with gold?
(a) The rattle of Lady Howard's coach
(c) Blasts from a mining operation
2. Where does Baring-Gould say he's heard the song about the ghostly carriage?
(a) His mother
(b) The young couple
(c) He made it up
(d) His childhood nurse
3. What is Thomas Westaway doing when Holmes and Russell arrive at his farm?
(b) Having lunch
(c) Milking a cow
(d) Working on a fence
4. What is the toast Ketteridge proposes when Russell joins him?
(a) To change
(b) To gold
(c) To friends
(d) To wealth
5. What is Jacob Drew's occupation?
(a) He owns a bar
(b) He's a bartender
(c) He's a mechanic
(d) He's a cook
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives on the day Holmes and Russell take Baring-Gould for one last trip onto the moor?
2. What are Baring-Gould and Holmes doing when Russell arrives downstairs in chapter three?
3. In chapter eleven, Russell stays at Mary Tavy inn. What is it that a young man gives Russell?
4. What is the nickname given to Russell by the people of hte moor?
5. What is the first thing Holmes does when he and Russell go inside the Drake farmhouse?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)