|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 26, Author's Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell say this herd of animals looks like?
(a) Prehistoric creatures
(b) Old men
(c) Sleepy giants
(d) Wild children
2. What are Baring-Gould and Holmes doing when Russell arrives downstairs in chapter three?
(a) Drinking coffee
(b) They're outside, listening
(d) Looking at a map
3. What does Holmes say is the only true rumor circulating on the moor at the moment?
(a) A man sacrificing a ram and drinking its blood
(b) An old woman drowned in a stream
(c) A girl ravished and dismembered
(d) The death of a tin miner
4. What does Ketteridge use to tie up Holmes?
(b) Heavy rope
(d) Blasting cord
5. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
(a) Just before dawn
(b) Just before sunset
(c) Just after sunset
(d) After midnight
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
2. Where is the young couple from that swore they'd seen Lady Howard's coach from Gibbett Hill?
3. What is the name of Baring-Gould's wife who is buried in the churchyard?
4. What does the young man in chapter ten tell Russell Elizabeth Chase wants to talk to her about?
5. What does Russell tell Holmes about the efforts to preserve the marks at the scene where Pethering's body was found?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)