|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Russell thinking of when she's thrown from her horse and begins to cry?
(a) The lack of useful information
(b) The pain of her cold and fever
(d) Her aching back
2. What does the young man in chapter ten tell Russell Elizabeth Chase wants to talk to her about?
(a) The carriage
(b) A hedge hog
(c) Her marriage to Holmes
(d) A boy who'd seen Lady Howard
3. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to Baring-Gould's manor?
(a) No one
(b) A young homeless family
(d) Baring-Gould and Mrs. Elliot
4. Who drags Pethering's body from the water onto the shore?
(b) Several bystanders
(d) The constable
5. Who does Russell decide needs to stand guard against the possibility of Pethering's return?
(a) Both she and Holmes
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the cat asleep in the early part of chapter nine?
2. What does Russell have to drink upon her arrival at Ketteridge's house?
3. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
4. What is the subject of the first song the singing moor men perform?
5. What day are Russell and Holmes supposed to meet back at Lew House?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)