|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the song Russell requests from the singing moor men?
(b) The Hound of Baskerville
(d) Lady Howard's coach
2. What does the liver mortis indicate to Russell about Pethering's body?
(a) That he didn't die in the water
(c) That he had been brutally beaten
(d) That he couldn't have been dead more than a half hour
3. What makes Holmes believe they're close to a farmhouse when they're caught in the thick fog?
(a) He saw it before the fog rolled in
(b) He remembers it from the map
(c) He hears cows and chickens
(d) He hears a dog barking
4. What is the talent Holmes says Russell has kept hidden from him?
(a) The ability to play the tin whistle
(b) The ability to dance an Irish jib
(c) The ability to drink the locals under the table
(d) The ability to sing traditional ballads
5. Who is the saint to whom Brentor Church is dedicated?
(a) Saint Sabine
(b) Saint Michael
(c) Saint Peter
(d) Saint Christopher
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Russell say it's been since she's seen Holmes?
2. What term does Russell use to compare Dartmoor to the Palestinian desert?
3. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to Baring-Gould's manor?
4. How does Russell get word to Holmes that she's going to be late?
5. What does Holmes say was found on the ground near Josiah Gorton's body?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)