|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thomas Westaway doing when Holmes and Russell arrive at his farm?
(b) Milking a cow
(c) Having lunch
(d) Working on a fence
2. How does Holmes propose to find the names of the couple who'd seen the coach from Gibbett Hill?
(a) He'll call the police
(b) He'll ask at a farm in the area
(c) Check with guest registries from the local inns
(d) He'll ask at the train station
3. What does Baring-Gould say is his relationship to Holmes?
(a) He is Holmes' godfather
(b) He is Holmes' uncle
(c) He is Holmes' second cousin
(d) He is Holmes' grandfather
4. What is it in one of the rooms that reminds Russell of Moroccan architecture?
(a) Silk furniture in brilliant colors
(c) Pillows on a couch
(d) An ornamental fire pit
5. What is the name given to the bizarre shaped rocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russell say she's reminded of when she looks at the height of Dartmoor?
2. What kind of sandwich does Russell eat when she stops at the place where Tiggy was found?
3. What are the smells that greet Russell after her long bath on the morning after her return to Lew Trenchard?
4. How many miles does Russell have to cover in order to reach the inn at Tavistock?
5. What was the sound the young courting couple said they heard from the beast that was with Lady Howard's coach?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)