|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the marker that had been originally erected to direct pilgims?
(a) A statue
(b) An arrow
(c) A cross
(d) A rock
2. What is the herd of animals Holmes and Russell meet on the way to Mary Tavy?
3. What is the first thing Holmes does when he and Russell go inside the Drake farmhouse?
(a) They don't go inside
(b) Puts wood on the smouldering fire
(c) Asks for tea
(d) Asks if Drake killed Josiah Gorton
4. What does Russell say she's reminded of when she looks at the height of Dartmoor?
(a) A giant
(b) A mansion
(c) A fortress
(d) A mountain
5. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
(a) That it will begin shortly
(b) That the main enemy will be Germany
(c) That the main enemy will not be Germany
(d) That it will be won by technology
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that makes it difficult for Holmes to be sure they're on the exact spot where Lady Howard's coach was seen?
2. What is the name given to the bizarre shaped rocks?
3. What is the talent Holmes says Russell has kept hidden from him?
4. According to the legend, when will Lady Howard be free to rest?
5. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)