|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
(a) Lying beside a wall
(b) Sitting on top of a wall
(c) Sitting in the loft of a barn
(d) Walking along a path
2. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
(a) Just after sunset
(b) After midnight
(c) Just before dawn
(d) Just before sunset
3. What is the marker that had been originally erected to direct pilgims?
(a) An arrow
(b) A statue
(c) A cross
(d) A rock
4. Who is Henry Cleave waiting for when Holmes and Russell arrive at his house?
(a) Josiah Gorton
(b) The doctor
(c) His girlfriend
(d) His wife
5. What does Russell smell when she wakes after a night of drinking with the locals?
(a) Wet wool
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes have for food when he and Russell camp in the cave?
2. What does Holmes say was found on the ground near Josiah Gorton's body?
3. What does Russell believe to be in the vial Holmes finds in Joshiah Gorton's cache the morning after they camp in the cave?
4. What is the name given to the bizarre shaped rocks?
5. What do Holmes and Russell have to eat when they stop at the public house in chapter three?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)