|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes it difficult for Holmes to be sure they're on the exact spot where Lady Howard's coach was seen?
(a) The rain distorts the X Baring-Gould made on the map
(b) They burned the map the previous night to start a fire
(c) The map is vague
(d) The map has been destroyed by the rain
2. How long does Baring-Gould say he's been on the moor?
(a) Forty years
(b) Seventy years
(c) Fourteen years
(d) Ninety years
3. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
(a) That the main enemy will be Germany
(b) That the main enemy will not be Germany
(c) That it will be won by technology
(d) That it will begin shortly
4. How much higher does Holmes say Dartmoor is than their current position?
(a) A hundred feet
(b) Two hundred feet
(c) He doesn't say
(d) Twelve hundred feet
5. What do Holmes and Russell have to drink when they stop at the public house in chapter three?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas Westaway doing when Holmes and Russell arrive at his farm?
2. What is the marker that had been originally erected to direct pilgims?
3. What is the secondary case Holmes is supposed to be working while he's in Dartmoor?
4. What was the sound the young courting couple said they heard from the beast that was with Lady Howard's coach?
5. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)