|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell say she did during her train ride to the moor?
(b) Talked to a young mother and child
(d) Studied the maps of the area
2. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to the manor?
(b) Mrs. Elliott
(c) A young homeless family
(d) No one
3. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
(a) That it will begin shortly
(b) That it will be won by technology
(c) That the main enemy will be Germany
(d) That the main enemy will not be Germany
4. What does Russell call Baring-Gould after their first meeting?
(a) A legend and scholar
(b) An old goat
(c) Her hero
(d) A pain
5. What does the telegram from Holmes indicate that Russell is supposed to bring with her to Devonshire?
(a) Boots for walking the moor
(b) Paper and pens to record their activities
(c) A copy of "The Hounds of Baskerville"
(d) A compass
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
2. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
3. What do Holmes and Russell have to drink when they stop at the public house in chapter three?
4. What does Russell say she's reminded of when she looks at the height of Dartmoor?
5. Who is the saint to whom Brentor Church is dedicated?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)