|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the secondary case Holmes is supposed to be working while he's in Dartmoor?
(a) Looking for a fugitive from Scotland Yard
(b) Searching for the source of rumors about war
(c) Checking on a military weapon
(d) Looking for a gold thief
2. What does Russell wear down to breakfast?
(c) Trousers, despite what Baring-Gould might think
(d) A dress to appease Baring-Gould
3. Who does Holmes say has asked him to look into an unrelated matter while he's on the moor?
(a) Scotland Yard
(b) Miss Baskerville
(d) His brother
4. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
(a) That the main enemy will not be Germany
(b) That it will begin shortly
(c) That it will be won by technology
(d) That the main enemy will be Germany
5. What does Russell say she did during her train ride to the moor?
(a) Studied the maps of the area
(d) Talked to a young mother and child
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Russell learn that Lew House is two miles north of the station?
2. What do Holmes and Russell have to eat when they stop at the public house in chapter three?
3. How long does Russell say it's been since she's seen Holmes?
4. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to Baring-Gould's manor?
5. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)