|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the legend, when will Lady Howard be free to rest?
(a) After she's collected a number of souls
(b) After the hound has plucked every blade of grass
(c) After the moor is completely devoid of people
2. How does Russell learn that Lew House is two miles north of the station?
(a) There's a man waiting to escort her
(b) Shes seen it on her map
(c) A note left by Holmes
(d) The porter tells her
3. What does Russell say she did during her train ride to the moor?
(a) Studied the maps of the area
(c) Talked to a young mother and child
4. Where does Baring-Gould say he's heard the song about the ghostly carriage?
(a) The young couple
(b) He made it up
(c) His childhood nurse
(d) His mother
5. What was the sound the young courting couple said they heard from the beast that was with Lady Howard's coach?
(a) A whine
(b) A moan
(c) A rattle
(d) A bark
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to the manor?
2. Which of the following does Holmes not use when he's explaining Baring-Gould's identity to Russell upon their first meeting?
3. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
4. What does Holmes say was found on the ground near Josiah Gorton's body?
5. Who does Holmes say has asked him to look into an unrelated matter while he's on the moor?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)