|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Russell learn that Lew House is two miles north of the station?
(a) There's a man waiting to escort her
(b) Shes seen it on her map
(c) The porter tells her
(d) A note left by Holmes
2. Who is the saint to whom Brentor Church is dedicated?
(a) Saint Michael
(b) Saint Peter
(c) Saint Sabine
(d) Saint Christopher
3. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
(a) That the main enemy will not be Germany
(b) That it will be won by technology
(c) That the main enemy will be Germany
(d) That it will begin shortly
4. How many children does Baring-Gould say he has?
5. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
(a) Sitting on top of a wall
(b) Walking along a path
(c) Sitting in the loft of a barn
(d) Lying beside a wall
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to the manor?
2. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
3. According to the legend, when will Lady Howard be free to rest?
4. What is served for the meal soon after Russell's arrival?
5. What is the scene on the picture Russell stops to consider?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)