|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell wear down to breakfast?
(a) Trousers, despite what Baring-Gould might think
(c) A dress to appease Baring-Gould
2. How long does Russell say it's been since she's seen Holmes?
(a) Two months
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three days
(d) Almost a week
3. How does Russell learn that Lew House is two miles north of the station?
(a) A note left by Holmes
(b) Shes seen it on her map
(c) The porter tells her
(d) There's a man waiting to escort her
4. What was the sound the young courting couple said they heard from the beast that was with Lady Howard's coach?
(a) A bark
(b) A whine
(c) A rattle
(d) A moan
5. What does Holmes say is the only true rumor circulating on the moor at the moment?
(a) An old woman drowned in a stream
(b) The death of a tin miner
(c) A man sacrificing a ram and drinking its blood
(d) A girl ravished and dismembered
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scene on the picture Russell stops to consider?
2. Which of the following does Holmes not use when he's explaining Baring-Gould's identity to Russell upon their first meeting?
3. Where does Baring-Gould say he's heard the song about the ghostly carriage?
4. What do Holmes and Russell have to eat when they stop at the public house in chapter three?
5. What is served for the meal soon after Russell's arrival?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)