|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drags Pethering's body from the water onto the shore?
(b) The constable
(c) Several bystanders
2. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
(a) Sitting in the loft of a barn
(b) Walking along a path
(c) Sitting on top of a wall
(d) Lying beside a wall
3. What is the name given to the bizarre shaped rocks?
4. How long does it take Holmes and Russell to reach Lydford?
(a) All day
(b) All afternoon
(c) Three hours
(d) An hour
5. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to the manor?
(b) No one
(c) Mrs. Elliott
(d) A young homeless family
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Russell arrives back at Lew Trenchard?
2. How long does Russell say it's been since she's seen Holmes?
3. What does Russell have to drink with the meal she has at Postbridge?
4. What does Ketteridge say he'd like to hire Holmes to do?
5. What does Russell find on her dinner tray after her bath?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)