|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes have for food when he and Russell camp in the cave?
(a) Sandwiches and boiled eggs
(b) Bread and cheese
(d) Cake and water
2. What kind of building is Wheal Betsy?
3. What phase is the moon in when Russell looks at the moor for the first time without rain, near the end of chapter ten?
(b) A sliver
4. How many children does Baring-Gould say he has?
5. What is Holmes' reaction when Russell says she knows his true relationship to Baring-Gould?
(a) The he'd forgotten
(b) That Baring-Gould was mistaken
(c) That he thought Baring-Gould had forgotten
(d) That he hadn't been willing to share that information
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter eleven, Russell stays at Mary Tavy inn. What is it that a young man gives Russell?
2. Where does Russell spend the afternoon near the end of chapter nine?
3. What does Russell say the conversation revolves around as she's leaving the room?
4. What is the nationality of Ketteridge's cook?
5. What does Baring-Gould say he's reading when Russell joins him the morning after her return from Ketteridge's house?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)