|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Baring-Gould say he's been on the moor?
(a) Fourteen years
(b) Ninety years
(c) Forty years
(d) Seventy years
2. What was the original purpose of the pit near Baring-Gould's house?
(a) Garbage disposal
(b) A tin mine
(c) A quarry
(d) Water for the region
3. What does Russell believe to be in the vial Holmes finds in Joshiah Gorton's cache the morning after they camp in the cave?
(c) A sliver of bone
(d) A bullet
4. How long does it take Holmes and Russell to reach Lydford?
(a) All day
(b) All afternoon
(c) Three hours
(d) An hour
5. What does Russell say this herd of animals looks like?
(a) Sleepy giants
(b) Old men
(c) Wild children
(d) Prehistoric creatures
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the legend, when will Lady Howard be free to rest?
2. How many horses does Westaway say he actually saw?
3. How does Russell learn that Lew House is two miles north of the station?
4. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
5. How long does Russell say it's been since she's seen Holmes?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)