|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Holmes believe they're close to a farmhouse when they're caught in the thick fog?
(a) He saw it before the fog rolled in
(b) He hears cows and chickens
(c) He remembers it from the map
(d) He hears a dog barking
2. What was the sound the young courting couple said they heard from the beast that was with Lady Howard's coach?
(a) A moan
(b) A rattle
(c) A bark
(d) A whine
3. What are Baring-Gould and Holmes doing when Russell arrives downstairs in chapter three?
(a) Drinking coffee
(c) They're outside, listening
(d) Looking at a map
4. Where do Holmes and Russell go after their meal at the Inn at Two Bridges?
(a) To question a young girl who'd seen the hound
(b) To find a room
(c) To find a ride back to Baring-Gould's house
(d) To the bar
5. What does Holmes say the military have learned about "the next war?"
(a) That it will be won by technology
(b) That the main enemy will not be Germany
(c) That it will begin shortly
(d) That the main enemy will be Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
2. What does the telegram from Holmes indicate that Russell is supposed to bring with her to Devonshire?
3. Which of the following does Holmes not use when he's explaining Baring-Gould's identity to Russell upon their first meeting?
4. Who is the saint to whom Brentor Church is dedicated?
5. How long does it take Holmes and Russell to reach Lydford?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)