|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Holmes does when he and Russell go inside the Drake farmhouse?
(a) They don't go inside
(b) Asks if Drake killed Josiah Gorton
(c) Puts wood on the smouldering fire
(d) Asks for tea
2. What are Baring-Gould and Holmes doing when Russell arrives downstairs in chapter three?
(a) They're outside, listening
(b) Drinking coffee
(c) Looking at a map
3. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
(a) The unnamed inns that dot the moor
(b) Bogs that can such a person under
(c) Small pens where wild horses feed and can be caught
(d) Large barns where horses are housed
4. What do Holmes and Russell have to drink when they stop at the public house in chapter three?
5. What makes Holmes believe they're close to a farmhouse when they're caught in the thick fog?
(a) He remembers it from the map
(b) He hears a dog barking
(c) He saw it before the fog rolled in
(d) He hears cows and chickens
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Holmes not use when he's explaining Baring-Gould's identity to Russell upon their first meeting?
2. Where did Josiah Gorton spend the afternoon before his death?
3. In chapter five, what does Russell say is the most extraordinary thing they've seen all day?
4. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
5. What does Russell believe to be in the vial Holmes finds in Joshiah Gorton's cache the morning after they camp in the cave?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)