|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the farmer doing when Holmes and Russell reach the farmhouse after being caught in the fog?
(a) Attempting to deliver a cow
(b) Taking a nap
(c) Having lunch
(d) Milking a cow
2. How does Holmes propose to find the names of the couple who'd seen the coach from Gibbett Hill?
(a) He'll ask at the train station
(b) He'll ask at a farm in the area
(c) Check with guest registries from the local inns
(d) He'll call the police
3. According to the legend, when will Lady Howard be free to rest?
(a) After the hound has plucked every blade of grass
(c) After the moor is completely devoid of people
(d) After she's collected a number of souls
4. How long does Baring-Gould say he's been on the moor?
(a) Forty years
(b) Fourteen years
(c) Ninety years
(d) Seventy years
5. What does Holmes say is the only true rumor circulating on the moor at the moment?
(a) An old woman drowned in a stream
(b) The death of a tin miner
(c) A man sacrificing a ram and drinking its blood
(d) A girl ravished and dismembered
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Russell say this herd of animals looks like?
2. How many children does Baring-Gould say he has?
3. What is the first thing Holmes does when he and Russell go inside the Drake farmhouse?
4. What does Russell call Baring-Gould after their first meeting?
5. Who is Henry Cleave waiting for when Holmes and Russell arrive at his house?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)