|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell smell when she wakes after a night of drinking with the locals?
(c) Wet wool
2. How much higher does Holmes say Dartmoor is than their current position?
(a) He doesn't say
(b) Two hundred feet
(c) A hundred feet
(d) Twelve hundred feet
3. What does Holmes say is the only true rumor circulating on the moor at the moment?
(a) A girl ravished and dismembered
(b) The death of a tin miner
(c) An old woman drowned in a stream
(d) A man sacrificing a ram and drinking its blood
4. In chapter five, what does Russell say is the most extraordinary thing they've seen all day?
(a) The clear sky
(b) A tree
(c) A car
(d) A one-eyed dog
5. How long does Baring-Gould say he's been on the moor?
(a) Forty years
(b) Fourteen years
(c) Seventy years
(d) Ninety years
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Russell learn that Lew House is two miles north of the station?
2. What is Thomas Westaway doing when Holmes and Russell arrive at his farm?
3. What does Russell say this herd of animals looks like?
4. What is served for the meal soon after Russell's arrival?
5. What happens that makes it difficult for Holmes to be sure they're on the exact spot where Lady Howard's coach was seen?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)