|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Holmes and Russell to reach Lydford?
(a) All afternoon
(b) An hour
(c) All day
(d) Three hours
2. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
(a) Bogs that can such a person under
(b) Small pens where wild horses feed and can be caught
(c) The unnamed inns that dot the moor
(d) Large barns where horses are housed
3. What is at the top of Gibbett Hill?
(a) A quarry
(b) A rock formation
(c) A skeleton
(d) A herd of sheep
4. What is Thomas Westaway doing when Holmes and Russell arrive at his farm?
(a) Working on a fence
(b) Milking a cow
(c) Having lunch
5. What was the original purpose of the Princetown Prison?
(a) To house widows during the famine
(b) To house prisoners during the Napoleonic War
(c) To house the insane around 1800
(d) To house orphans during World War I
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baring-Gould, what did the young courting couple claim to be doing when they sighted Lady Howard's coach?
2. What is it in one of the rooms that reminds Russell of Moroccan architecture?
3. What does Russell find on her dinner tray after her bath?
4. What is the subject of the first song the singing moor men perform?
5. What does Holmes have for food when he and Russell camp in the cave?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)