|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Holmes believe they're close to a farmhouse when they're caught in the thick fog?
(a) He hears cows and chickens
(b) He saw it before the fog rolled in
(c) He hears a dog barking
(d) He remembers it from the map
2. Who opens the door when Holmes and Russell return to Baring-Gould's house at the opening of chapter seven?
(b) Mrs. Elliott
(c) Mr. Gorton
(d) Mr. Ketteridge
3. How long does Baring-Gould say he's been on the moor?
(a) Fourteen years
(b) Seventy years
(c) Ninety years
(d) Forty years
4. What does Russell have to drink with the meal she has at Postbridge?
(d) Red wine
5. Who does Russell say joins her and Holmes for tea when they return to Baring-Gould's manor?
(a) A young homeless family
(b) Baring-Gould and Mrs. Elliot
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baring-Gould say he'll write a letter in favor of Pethering's claims?
2. What time of day is Lady Howard supposed to be seen?
3. What term does Russell use to compare Dartmoor to the Palestinian desert?
4. How many stories of sightings of the coach does Russell hear during the day of questioning in chapter eleven?
5. Who does Russell decide needs to stand guard against the possibility of Pethering's return?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)