|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period of Baring-Gould's life does his second manuscript, "Further Reminiscences," cover?
(a) The first fifty years
(b) The first thirty years
(c) The second thirty years
(d) The second fifty years
2. Where does Russell spend the afternoon near the end of chapter nine?
(a) In the study
(b) On the moor
(c) In her room
(d) In the churchyard
3. What does Russell have to drink upon her arrival at Ketteridge's house?
4. What is the name given to the bizarre shaped rocks?
5. In chapter eleven, Russell stays at Mary Tavy inn. What is it that a young man gives Russell?
(a) A map of the moor with sightings listed
(b) A pair of binoculars
(c) Useful information
(d) A tin whistle
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Baring-Gould say he has?
2. What are the Dartmoor Stables?
3. What is the subject of the song Russell requests from the singing moor men?
4. What is Russell thinking of when she's thrown from her horse and begins to cry?
5. What is the name of Baring-Gould's wife who is buried in the churchyard?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)