|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Russell and Holmes been married?
(a) Ten years
(b) Nine years
(c) Two years
(d) Three years
2. What is the secondary case Holmes is supposed to be working while he's in Dartmoor?
(a) Looking for a fugitive from Scotland Yard
(b) Checking on a military weapon
(c) Searching for the source of rumors about war
(d) Looking for a gold thief
3. What is the scene on the picture Russell stops to consider?
(a) A stream
(b) A fox hunt
(c) A beautiful woman
(d) A cabin
4. According to the legend, when will Lady Howard be free to rest?
(a) After the moor is completely devoid of people
(b) After the hound has plucked every blade of grass
(d) After she's collected a number of souls
5. What does the older lady at the farmhouse call Holmes?
(c) Snoop Sherlock
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Baring-Gould say he's been on the moor?
2. What item of clothing does Russell leave out of the bag she packs at the beginning of chapter ten?
3. What term does Russell use to compare Dartmoor to the Palestinian desert?
4. How many miles does Russell have to cover in order to reach the inn at Tavistock?
5. What is the name given to the bizarre shaped rocks?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)