|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horses does Westaway say he actually saw?
2. What happens that makes it difficult for Holmes to be sure they're on the exact spot where Lady Howard's coach was seen?
(a) They burned the map the previous night to start a fire
(b) The map is vague
(c) The rain distorts the X Baring-Gould made on the map
(d) The map has been destroyed by the rain
3. What is the nationality of Ketteridge's cook?
4. How does Holmes say he knows Lady Blythe-Patton?
(a) She is Baring-Gould's daughter
(b) He found a necklace she'd lost
(c) He met her on the moor many years earlier
(d) She grew up near his childhood home
5. What makes Holmes believe they're close to a farmhouse when they're caught in the thick fog?
(a) He hears a dog barking
(b) He remembers it from the map
(c) He hears cows and chickens
(d) He saw it before the fog rolled in
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baring-Gould say he'll write a letter in favor of Pethering's claims?
2. What is the toast Ketteridge proposes when Russell joins him?
3. How does Baring-Gould arrive at the scene of Pethering's body?
4. What does Ketteridge say was the most exciting moment of his life?
5. How long have Holmes and Russell been on the moor when they return to Baring-Gould's house at the beginning of chapter seven?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)