|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drags Pethering's body from the water onto the shore?
(b) The constable
(d) Several bystanders
2. How does Baring-Gould arrive at the scene of Pethering's body?
(a) In a sedan chair
(b) He walks
(c) On horseback
(d) He doesn't
3. What is at the top of Gibbett Hill?
(a) A rock formation
(b) A quarry
(c) A herd of sheep
(d) A skeleton
4. What does Russell find on her dinner tray after her bath?
(a) Soup, rolls, cheese, a tart and an apple
(b) Soup anc cheese
(c) Soup and a tart
(d) Soup and rolls
5. What does Russell tell Holmes about the efforts to preserve the marks at the scene where Pethering's body was found?
(a) There's nothing to preserve
(b) There's a tarp over it
(c) Russell has mapped everything
(d) The inspector has taken over the scene
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ketteridge say he made his fortune?
2. Who joins Russell for dinner the night after Pethering's body is discovered?
3. Why is Holmes angry on the way to Ketteridge's house?
4. What does the older lady at the farmhouse call Holmes?
5. What is Baring-Gould drinking when Russell joins him downstairs the morning after her return from Ketteridge's house in chapter fifteen?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)