|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Russell doing when Holmes announces that it's time to leave for Mr. Ketteridge's house?
(a) Reading a book
(b) Taking a bath
2. How does Holmes propose to find the names of the couple who'd seen the coach from Gibbett Hill?
(a) He'll call the police
(b) Check with guest registries from the local inns
(c) He'll ask at a farm in the area
(d) He'll ask at the train station
3. What is the name of Baring-Gould's wife who is buried in the churchyard?
4. What color is the umbrella Holmes provides for Russell as they're leaving for Ketteridge's house?
5. What is Jacob Drew's occupation?
(a) He's a cook
(b) He's a bartender
(c) He's a mechanic
(d) He owns a bar
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the cat asleep in the early part of chapter nine?
2. Which of the following is a clue Holmes adds to Russell's list of sightings of Lady Howard's coach and the dog?
3. How long have Holmes and Russell been on the moor when they return to Baring-Gould's house at the beginning of chapter seven?
4. What is Thomas Westaway doing when Holmes and Russell arrive at his farm?
5. What was Baring-Gould's mother's name?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)