|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at the top of Gibbett Hill?
(a) A skeleton
(b) A quarry
(c) A rock formation
(d) A herd of sheep
2. What else does Holmes say he found in Josiah Gortons cache?
(a) Tin and tools
(b) Cooking utensils and bedding
(c) Money and food
(d) Maps and a diary
3. Where do Holmes and Russell go after their meal at the Inn at Two Bridges?
(a) To the bar
(b) To find a room
(c) To question a young girl who'd seen the hound
(d) To find a ride back to Baring-Gould's house
4. What does Russell say the conversation revolves around as she's leaving the room?
(a) The various stories of the hound
(b) Josiah Gorton's death
(c) Lady Howard's coach
5. Who drags Pethering's body from the water onto the shore?
(a) Several bystanders
(d) The constable
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that gets spilled on Russell during dinner?
2. What is Holmes eating when Russell joins him in the Inn at Two Bridges in chapter six?
3. Where does the barman say Pethering has gone?
4. What does Mrs. Elliott provide for Russell to drink when she returns to the house?
5. Why does Baring-Gould say he'll write a letter in favor of Pethering's claims?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)