Chapters 1 through 3
• Mary Russell receives a telegram from her husband, Sherlock Holmes, asking that she meet him immediately in Devonshire and that she bring a compass.
• Russell arrives to find Holmes is not there but that he's left a note directing her to walk the three miles to Lew House where he's staying with his friend, Reverend Sabine Baring-Gould.
• Russell meets Baring-Gould who says there is something wrong on the moor and Russell learns that Holmes is looking into the mystery, including a murder.
• There are stories of the moor being haunted and there has been a murder.
• Russell learns the legend of Lady Howard who is said to be haunting the moor in a ghostly carriage made of the bones of her deceased husbands.
• Holmes announces that he has to leave for a short time to look into another case and to follow up with a couple...
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)