|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosanna say she loves?
2. Who originally told Franklin that Rosanna was in love with him?
3. Why did Godfrey ask Rachel to marry him?
4. Who narrates the seventh narrative?
5. What kind of drug does Jennings want to experiment with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruff say he will proceed after Franklin's meeting with Rachel?
2. Why did Godfrey want to cut the diamond into several small pieces?
3. What do the men find in the sailor's room?
4. What does Cuff say about the murder in his statement?
5. How did Godfrey get possession of the diamond?
6. How does Jennings come to the conclusion that Franklin took opium?
7. Describe the discussion between Rachel and Franklin in this section.
8. Why does Bruff not favor the experiment?
9. What does Cuff find out about Godfrey in this section?
10. What does Rachel say in her letter on June the 17th?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the character's close relationships effect their decision making? In what way do the close relationships prove disruptive to solving the case?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the following minor character.
Essay Topic 3
How does Godfrey steal the diamond? What would he have to have done to have completely gotten away with the theft?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)