|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betteredge receive a check for?
2. What is Bruff's job?
3. What kind of person does Cuff say Rachel is acquainted with in London?
4. Why does Rachel say she wants to break her engagement with Godfrey?
5. What does the chief Indian ask the English boy to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Herncastle believe the Moonstone was cursed?
2. How does Cuff think Rosanna was helping Rachel?
3. Why is Cuff sleeping outside Rosanna's door?
4. Why does Cuff think Rosanna's letter will be important for the investigation?
5. Why does Cuff find it difficult getting information from Betteredge about Rosanna?
6. Why is Franklin worries about the diamond?
7. What problems does Lucy Yolland cause in this section?
8. Why does Rachel break off her engagement with Godfrey?
9. How does Cuff find out what has happened to Rosanna in this section?
10. What are Lady Verinder's feelings about the diamond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way are the following characters important in solving the case?
Essay Topic 2
How does Godfrey steal the diamond? What would he have to have done to have completely gotten away with the theft?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lady Verinder's death effect the case? What would have happened if Lady Verinder had not died?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)