|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel say she wants to break her engagement with Godfrey?
2. Why does Mr. Muthwaite think the Indians have a serious purpose?
3. In which city does Bruff think they can locate the Moonstone?
4. What does the chief Indian ask the English boy to do?
5. What does Rachel say she has accepted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuff find it difficult getting information from Betteredge about Rosanna?
2. Why is Cuff sleeping outside Rosanna's door?
3. What does Julia say in her letter about Rachel?
4. Why did Herncastle believe the Moonstone was cursed?
5. What problems does Lucy Yolland cause in this section?
6. How does Mr. Abelwhite react to Rachel breaking off her engagement with his son?
7. How does Cuff think Rosanna was helping Rachel?
8. Why does Cuff think it is not the end of the matter?
9. What happens to Godfrey and Luker in this section?
10. Why does the dinner guest think Rachel won't be safe in India with the diamond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the diamond get into Herncastle's possession in the first place? Why was he so desperate to give the stone to Rachel?
Essay Topic 2
In what way are the following characters important in solving the case?
Essay Topic 3
What is Godfrey's motivation to steal the diamond? What mistakes do you think made that lead to his death?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)