|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the diamond?
2. What was Franklin doing when Rachel asked to speak to him?
3. Complete the following sentence; today we love, what tomorrow we....
4. Where does Miss Clack say she met Godfrey?
5. Where does Cuff think Rachel and Rosanna are meeting each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cuff find out what has happened to Rosanna in this section?
2. Describe the meeting between Bruff and the Indian.
3. What problems does Lucy Yolland cause in this section?
4. How did the Moonstone get into Rachel's possession?
5. Why is Cuff sleeping outside Rosanna's door?
6. Why did Herncastle believe the Moonstone was cursed?
7. What are Lady Verinder's feelings about the diamond?
8. What does Mr. Murthwaite tell Betteredge about the Indians in this section?
9. What happens between Godfrey and Rachel?
10. Why does Cuff think it is not the end of the matter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the novel say about British society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the following minor character.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)