|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Indians find the boy?
2. What kind of instrument are the Indians carrying?
3. Why does Murthwaite say the Indians want the Moonstone?
4. Who overhears Godfrey saying he would do something that day?
5. Where does Franklin say he wished they had thrown the Moonstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Murhtwaite think the diamond should be cut into smaller stones?
2. Why does Cuff think it is not the end of the matter?
3. How does Mr. Abelwhite react to Rachel breaking off her engagement with his son?
4. How did the Moonstone get into Rachel's possession?
5. How does Rachel's life change after her mother dies?
6. How does Cuff find out what has happened to Rosanna in this section?
7. What is the Moonstone?
8. What happens between Godfrey and Rachel?
9. Why does Cuff find it difficult getting information from Betteredge about Rosanna?
10. What problems does Lucy Yolland cause in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the character's close relationships effect their decision making? In what way do the close relationships prove disruptive to solving the case?
Essay Topic 2
What steps does Cuff make in solving the case? What mistakes does he make along the way?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the following minor character.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)