|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jennings walk with Franklin to?
(a) Abelwhite House.
(b) Norfolk House.
(c) Brighton Beach.
(d) Bleak House.
2. What is inside the small wooden box?
(a) A check.
(b) A receipt.
(c) The Moonstone.
3. What was the purpose of Rosanna's letter?
(a) To blackmail Franklin.
(b) To cause friction betweeen Franklin and Rachel.
(c) To get Franklin on her side.
(d) To confuse the police.
4. What country has Cuff gone to?
5. Who marries at the end of this section?
(a) Betteredge and Erza.
(b) Godfrey and Rachel.
(c) Franklin and Rosanna.
(d) Franklin and Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gooseberry follow the black bearded man?
2. What does the nightgown have written on it?
3. Why did Rosanna think Franklin stole the diamond?
4. Why can't Franklin remember taking the diamond?
5. Why had Franklin originally moved abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cuff find out about Godfrey in this section?
2. Why does Sergeant Cuff say he wants to help?
3. Describe the discussion between Rachel and Franklin in this section.
4. What does Cuff write in his letter to Franklin?
5. How does Jennings come to the conclusion that Franklin took opium?
6. What was the real reason for Rachel breaking off her engagement with Godfrey?
7. What does Mr. Candy say in his letter to Franklin?
8. Why did Godfrey want to cut the diamond into several small pieces?
9. What does Jennings say is wrong with Mr. Candy?
10. How does Franklin find the nightgown?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)