|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Franklin originally moved abroad?
(a) To forget Rachel.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To paint.
(d) To write a novel.
2. Why can't Franklin remember taking the diamond?
(a) He was on opium.
(b) He was sleepwalking.
(c) He has a memory block.
(d) He was delirious.
3. What kind of drug does Jennings want to experiment with?
4. What does the nightgown have written on it?
(b) Franklin's name.
(d) The name of the Indian caste.
5. What does Mr. Murthwaite think the Indians have gained a copy of?
(a) Herncastle's will.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) The Moonstone.
(d) Herncastle's insurance policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Bruff talk to Mr. Murthwaite in this section?
2. While under the influence of opium, why does Franklin say he is worried about the diamond?
3. What does Jennings say he has done with the notes he recorded during Mr. Candy's illness?
4. Who does Rachel say Franklin gave the diamond to?
5. Where does Franklin fall asleep after he steals the crystal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gooseberry observe while following the sailor?
2. What does Mr. Candy say in his letter to Franklin?
3. What does Jennings say is wrong with Mr. Candy?
4. Why does Jennings think that Franklin doesn't remember taking the diamond?
5. What do Franklin and Betteredge discuss on the way to the train station?
6. What does Rosanna say in her letter to Franklin?
7. Why does Sergeant Cuff say he wants to help?
8. How does Franklin find the nightgown?
9. What does Rachel say in her letter on June the 17th?
10. Why does Bruff not favor the experiment?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)