|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Godfrey ask Rachel to marry him?
(a) To please his mother.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) To improve his financial situation.
(d) To get in with her family.
2. What do the men decide the experiment proves?
(a) Franklin took the diamond.
(b) Rachel drugged Franklin.
(c) Rachel stole the diamond from Franklin.
(d) Franklin gave the diamond to the moneylender.
3. Who do Franklin and Betteredge see at the train station?
4. Which of his functions did Mr. Candy's illness affect?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His memory.
5. Where does Jennings think Franklin has hidden the diamond?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) His room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the sealed letter contain?
2. What is the real identity of the dead sailor?
3. What was the purpose of Rosanna's letter?
4. Where was Mr. Luker seen leaving with two plain clothes police officers?
5. Where does Mr. Bruff talk to Mr. Murthwaite in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jennings say is wrong with Mr. Candy?
2. What does Mr. Candy say in his letter to Franklin?
3. How does Bruff say he will proceed after Franklin's meeting with Rachel?
4. What does Cuff say about the murder in his statement?
5. How does Jennings come to the conclusion that Franklin took opium?
6. Describe the discussion between Rachel and Franklin in this section.
7. Why does Jennings want to recreate the event?
8. Why did Godfrey want to cut the diamond into several small pieces?
9. What do the men find in the sailor's room?
10. What information does Murthwaite have about the Indians?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)