|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Franklin give Betteredge for coming back to Yorkshire?
(a) To claim what it is .
(b) To find the diamond thief.
(c) To talk to Rachel.
(d) To rest.
2. What does Cuff believe was Luker's motive?
(a) Wanting Rachel for himself.
(b) Stealing the Moonstone.
(c) Inheriting Abelwhite's house for himself.
(d) Stealing Godfrey's bankcard.
3. What does the nightgown have written on it?
(b) Franklin's name.
(c) The name of the Indian caste.
4. What is the name of Rachel's legal guardian?
(a) Miss Merridew.
(b) Mrs Tomkins.
(c) Miss Candy.
(d) Mrs. Bruff.
5. Who does Jennings say he will write to at the end of this section?
(a) Mr. Candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to the sailor when the men broke into his room?
2. What was the Murthwaite asked to do with the letter?
3. What was the name of the bar the sailor took a room at?
4. What did Rosanna replace the stained nightgown with?
5. What did Mr. Luker pay with at the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men find in the sailor's room?
2. What does Rachel say in her letter on June the 17th?
3. What does Rosanna say in her letter to Franklin?
4. Why does Sergeant Cuff say he wants to help?
5. Why does Jennings want to recreate the event?
6. Why does Franklin think Rachel is upset with him?
7. What information does Murthwaite have about the Indians?
8. Why does Franklin have to go back to England?
9. How does Franklin proceed after his meeting with Rachel?
10. How does Jennings come to the conclusion that Franklin took opium?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)