|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts the ladies to Brighton?
2. What novel does the narrator say he likes to read in the evening?
(a) Moll Flanders.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) The Idiot.
3. What does Lady Verinder say she is ill with?
(b) A heart disuse.
(c) A kidney failure.
(d) A liver failure.
4. What caste are the Indians member of?
5. Who is the narrator of the second narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Cuff say Rachel is acquainted with in London?
2. Where does Cuff see Rachel hiding in this section?
3. Who does Cuff say he wants to talk to before he ends the investigation?
4. What is Gabriel Betteredge's role in Lady Verinder's household?
5. Who delays his departure until he finds out about Julia's talk with Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cuff sleeping outside Rosanna's door?
2. How does Cuff find out what has happened to Rosanna in this section?
3. Why does Cuff find it difficult getting information from Betteredge about Rosanna?
4. What does Julia say in her letter about Rachel?
5. How did the Moonstone get into Rachel's possession?
6. Why does Cuff become suspicious of Rosanna?
7. What is the Moonstone?
8. How does Rachel's life change after her mother dies?
9. Why does Mr. Murhtwaite think the diamond should be cut into smaller stones?
10. Why did Herncastle believe the Moonstone was cursed?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)