|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cuff sleeping outside of Rosanna's door?
(a) In case the Indians come back.
(b) In case Rachel and Rosanna try to talk to each other.
(c) In case Rosanna tries to escape.
(d) In case Rosanna wants to talk to him.
2. In which city does Bruff think they can locate the Moonstone?
3. Who overhears Godfrey saying he would do something that day?
(c) Aunt Verinda.
4. Where did Rosanna ask the delivery man to post her letter from?
(b) Cobb's Hole.
(c) Boggle Hole.
5. What is the name of the Verinders poor relative?
(a) Mr. Strand.
(b) Miss Clack.
(c) Mr. Godfry.
(d) Miss Snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country did uncle Herncastle find the diamond?
2. What kind of instrument are the Indians carrying?
3. Why does Cuff think Rachel went into town?
4. Where does Godfrey leave for after Rachel breaks the bad news?
5. What does Mr. Abelwhite say Rachel has inside of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel's life change after her mother dies?
2. What does Mr. Murthwaite tell Betteredge about the Indians in this section?
3. Why does Rachel break off her engagement with Godfrey?
4. What are Lady Verinder's feelings about the diamond?
5. Why did Herncastle believe the Moonstone was cursed?
6. How did the Moonstone get into Rachel's possession?
7. Why is Cuff sleeping outside Rosanna's door?
8. What happens between Godfrey and Rachel?
9. Why does the dinner guest think Rachel won't be safe in India with the diamond?
10. What is the Moonstone?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)