|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Indian want from Mr. Bruff?
(a) An insurance policy.
(b) A ticket home.
(c) A loan.
2. Complete the following sentence; today we love, what tomorrow we....
3. Where does Murthwaite recommend the family sends the Moonstone to cut it up into smaller pieces?
4. What was Luker's receipt for?
(a) A valuable gem.
(b) An oak chair.
(c) A bar of gold.
(d) A leather suitcase.
5. Where does Franklin say he wished they had thrown the Moonstone?
(a) In the sand.
(b) Over the cliff.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of village is Cobb's Hole?
2. What does Godfrey ask Rachel at the beginning of this section?
3. What information does Cuff think the letter contains?
4. What was Franklin doing when Rachel asked to speak to him?
5. What is Gabriel Betteredge's role in Lady Verinder's household?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cuff learn from Joyce in this section?
2. How does Rachel's life change after her mother dies?
3. What is the Moonstone?
4. What are Lady Verinder's feelings about the diamond?
5. Why does Cuff think it is not the end of the matter?
6. How does Cuff think Rosanna was helping Rachel?
7. What does Mr. Murthwaite tell Betteredge about the Indians in this section?
8. How does Mr. Abelwhite react to Rachel breaking off her engagement with his son?
9. What happens between Godfrey and Rachel?
10. Why does Cuff find it difficult getting information from Betteredge about Rosanna?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)