|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franklin think Miss Clack can write a narrative about the Moonstone?
(a) She has relevant diary entries.
(b) She was one of the first people to see the stone.
(c) She the only one alive who has traveled to India.
(d) She is an expert on diamonds.
2. What novel does the narrator say he likes to read in the evening?
(a) Moll Flanders.
(b) The Idiot.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
3. Who delays his departure until he finds out about Julia's talk with Rachel?
4. What is Gabriel Betteredge's role in Lady Verinder's household?
(d) Head Butler.
5. What does the doctor recommend for Rachel?
(a) Fresh air.
(b) A holiday.
(c) New servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of village is Cobb's Hole?
2. What does Mr. Abelwhite say Rachel has inside of her?
3. Why does Lady Verinder ask Drusilla to stay?
4. Who is waiting to talk to Cuff when he arrives back at the house at the end of the section?
5. What had happened to Godfrey when Miss Clack arrived at the meeting point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuff find it difficult getting information from Betteredge about Rosanna?
2. Why does Cuff think it is not the end of the matter?
3. How did the Moonstone get into Rachel's possession?
4. Why is Franklin worries about the diamond?
5. How does Rachel's life change after her mother dies?
6. Why does Mr. Murhtwaite think the diamond should be cut into smaller stones?
7. Why does Cuff think Rosanna's letter will be important for the investigation?
8. What happens to Godfrey and Luker in this section?
9. How does Cuff think Rosanna was helping Rachel?
10. What happens between Godfrey and Rachel?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)