|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jennings think Rachel is so excited in this section?
(a) She has just taken some pills.
(b) She loves acting things out.
(c) She is about to meet Franklin again.
(d) She is the center of attention.
2. Who writes the third narrative?
3. Who originally told Franklin that Rosanna was in love with him?
4. What does Betteredge put in Rachel's bedroom in this section?
(a) The empty bottles.
(b) The fake diamonds.
(c) The medicine chest.
(d) The televison.
5. Why did Gooseberry follow the black bearded man?
(a) He was thought to be a moneylender.
(b) He had been overheard talking about the Moonstone.
(c) He saw Luker pass something to him.
(d) He had been seen talking to the Indians.
6. Why does Bruff say he wants to return to London?
(a) To talk to his superintendant.
(b) To research the diamond trade.
(c) To see his family.
(d) To watch Luker and the bank.
7. What drug does Franklin say he has never taken?
8. What does Betteredge say Franklin drank a lot of on the day of the party?
9. Who narrates the sixth narrative?
10. What is the name of Rachel's legal guardian?
(a) Mrs. Bruff.
(b) Miss Merridew.
(c) Miss Candy.
(d) Mrs Tomkins.
11. What does Mr. Murthwaite think the Indians have gained a copy of?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Moonstone.
(c) Herncastle's insurance policy.
(d) Herncastle's will.
12. Where did Godfrey cut the diamond into separate stones?
13. What was the name of the bar the sailor took a room at?
(a) The Big Wimpy.
(b) The Wheel of Fortune.
(c) The Wheedler.
(d) The Rotterdam Steamer.
14. Why has Cuff decided to help in the case to find the diamond?
(a) Lady Verinder had been so generous.
(b) He wants to prove himself.
(c) He is in love with Rachel.
(d) He was in love with Lady Verinder.
15. What did Mr. Luker pay with at the bank?
(a) Direct debit.
(c) Credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of Rosanna's letter?
2. While under the influence of opium, who does Franklin say he is worried about?
3. What had happened to the sailor when the men broke into his room?
4. Where does Jennings walk with Franklin to?
5. Whose consent does Franklin need before he sees Rachel again?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)