|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rachel's legal guardian?
(a) Miss Merridew.
(b) Miss Candy.
(c) Mrs Tomkins.
(d) Mrs. Bruff.
2. Where does Jennings think Franklin has hidden the diamond?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) His room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The watchtower.
3. Why did Rosanna think Franklin stole the diamond?
(a) To cover his debts.
(b) For fun and games.
(c) To cause trouble.
(d) To move to another country.
4. When does Franklin think Betteredge was intoxicated?
(a) At Rachel's birthday.
(b) At Julia's funeral.
(c) At Rosanna's funeral.
(d) During the courtcase.
5. Who does Rachel say she saw take the diamond?
(a) Mr. Candy.
6. What is the name of Mr. Candy's assistant?
7. How does Cuff say Godfrey died?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was smothered.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was strangled.
8. In which month did Franklin stop smoking?
9. What reason does Franklin give Betteredge for coming back to Yorkshire?
(a) To talk to Rachel.
(b) To find the diamond thief.
(c) To claim what it is .
(d) To rest.
10. While under the influence of opium, who does Franklin say he is worried about?
(c) The Indians.
11. How does Rosanna say she could have helped Franklin?
(a) She could have given him the name of a money lender.
(b) She could have run away with him.
(c) She could have married him.
(d) She could have counselled him.
12. Which of his functions did Mr. Candy's illness affect?
(a) His memory.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hearing.
13. What was the black bearded man dressed like?
(a) A judge.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A businessman.
(d) An Indian.
14. Which two characters were in on the opium conspiracy alongside Godfrey?
(a) Rachel and Rosanna.
(b) Betteredge and Candy.
(c) Lady Julia and Cuff.
(d) Luker and Franklin.
15. What drug does Franklin say he has never taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the third narrative?
2. What does Jennings say he has done with the notes he recorded during Mr. Candy's illness?
3. Why has Cuff decided to help in the case to find the diamond?
4. What had happened to the sailor when the men broke into his room?
5. What is the name of the boy Bruff employs?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)