|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jennings say he will write to at the end of this section?
(d) Mr. Candy.
2. Who does Rachel say Franklin gave the diamond to?
(a) An MP.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A pawnbroker.
(d) A money lender.
3. What does Betteredge put in Rachel's bedroom in this section?
(a) The medicine chest.
(b) The televison.
(c) The fake diamonds.
(d) The empty bottles.
4. Who writes the third narrative?
5. Where does Mr. Bruff talk to Mr. Murthwaite in this section?
(a) In a train carriage.
(b) At a dinner party.
(c) Behind a factory building.
(d) In a cafe.
6. Where does Franklin say he is traveling to to find out why Rachel won't talk to him?
7. How does Cuff say Godfrey died?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was smothered.
(c) He was strangled.
(d) He was stabbed.
8. What did Mr. Luker pay with at the bank?
(a) Credit card.
(c) Direct debit.
9. What is inside the small wooden box?
(a) A check.
(b) The Moonstone.
(d) A receipt.
10. Where does Jennings walk with Franklin to?
(a) Norfolk House.
(b) Bleak House.
(c) Brighton Beach.
(d) Abelwhite House.
11. What was the name of the bar the sailor took a room at?
(a) The Wheedler.
(b) The Big Wimpy.
(c) The Rotterdam Steamer.
(d) The Wheel of Fortune.
12. What did Rosanna replace the stained nightgown with?
(a) A nightgown she had made her self.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) A bed sheet.
(d) A sumer dress she had made herself.
13. Where does Betteredge walk Franklin to?
(a) The bus station.
(b) The brewery.
(c) The railway station.
(d) The town center.
14. What does Mr. Murthwaite think the Indians have gained a copy of?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) Herncastle's insurance policy.
(c) The Moonstone.
(d) Herncastle's will.
15. What does Cuff believe was Luker's motive?
(a) Wanting Rachel for himself.
(b) Stealing Godfrey's bankcard.
(c) Stealing the Moonstone.
(d) Inheriting Abelwhite's house for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who put the opium in Franklin's water at the party?
2. What reason does Franklin give Betteredge for coming back to Yorkshire?
3. Why does Mr. Bruff refuse to lend money to the Indian?
4. Why can't Franklin remember taking the diamond?
5. Where does Bruff say he will invite Rachel for the day?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)