|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Betteredge say the sealed letter is from?
2. What does Jennings say he has done with the notes he recorded during Mr. Candy's illness?
(a) Pinned them to his drawing board.
(b) Buried them.
(c) Destroyed them.
(d) Sent them to a publisher.
3. Who put the opium in Franklin's water at the party?
4. What was the black bearded man dressed like?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A judge.
5. How does Cuff say Godfrey died?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was smothered.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was strangled.
6. What do the men decide the experiment proves?
(a) Franklin took the diamond.
(b) Rachel drugged Franklin.
(c) Franklin gave the diamond to the moneylender.
(d) Rachel stole the diamond from Franklin.
7. Where does Franklin fall asleep after he steals the crystal?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) Rachel's sitting room.
(c) The hallway.
(d) Rachel's bathroom.
8. Who narrates the seventh narrative?
(b) Mr. Candy.
9. What was the purpose of Rosanna's letter?
(a) To cause friction betweeen Franklin and Rachel.
(b) To blackmail Franklin.
(c) To get Franklin on her side.
(d) To confuse the police.
10. Which of his functions did Mr. Candy's illness affect?
(a) His muscles.
(b) His memory.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His eyes.
11. What drug does Franklin say he has never taken?
12. What happens on June 25th?
(a) Blake's birthday.
(b) Cuff's retirement party.
(c) The experiment.
(d) Rachel's birthday.
13. Who does Rachel say Franklin gave the diamond to?
(a) A jeweler.
(b) A money lender.
(c) A pawnbroker.
(d) An MP.
14. When does Franklin think Betteredge was intoxicated?
(a) At Julia's funeral.
(b) At Rosanna's funeral.
(c) At Rachel's birthday.
(d) During the courtcase.
15. How did the murderers gain access to Godfrey's room?
(a) Through the room door.
(b) Through a trapdoor.
(c) Through a secret door.
(d) Through a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franklin want to find the Moonstone in this section?
2. Where does Jennings think Franklin has hidden the diamond?
3. What information does Cuff say his letter contains?
4. Why does Jennings think Rachel is so excited in this section?
5. What does the nightgown have written on it?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)