|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuff say is the only way Franklin could bring him out of retirement?
(a) If he apologized for his earlier outburst.
(b) If he was accused of a mistake.
(c) If he let him investigate in his own way.
(d) If he offered more money.
2. Why did Gooseberry follow the black bearded man?
(a) He saw Luker pass something to him.
(b) He had been seen talking to the Indians.
(c) He had been overheard talking about the Moonstone.
(d) He was thought to be a moneylender.
3. Why does Jennings think Rachel is so excited in this section?
(a) She is about to meet Franklin again.
(b) She has just taken some pills.
(c) She loves acting things out.
(d) She is the center of attention.
4. Who does Franklin receive a letter from on June 20th?
(b) Sergeant Cuff.
(c) Mis Merridew.
5. What is the name of Mr. Candy's assistant?
6. What does the nightgown have written on it?
(a) Franklin's name.
(d) The name of the Indian caste.
7. Who narrates the sixth narrative?
8. What was the Murthwaite asked to do with the letter?
(a) Translate it.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Rewrite it.
(d) Post it.
9. Why does Bruff say he wants to return to London?
(a) To research the diamond trade.
(b) To watch Luker and the bank.
(c) To see his family.
(d) To talk to his superintendant.
10. How does Cuff say Godfrey died?
(a) He was smothered.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was strangled.
(d) He was shot.
11. Who is Rachel living with when Franklin returns to England?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
12. What had Franklin's father left him in his will?
(a) His horses.
(b) His wine collection.
(c) His business.
(d) The bulk of his estate.
13. What does Betteredge say Franklin drank a lot of on the day of the party?
14. Who marries at the end of this section?
(a) Godfrey and Rachel.
(b) Betteredge and Erza.
(c) Franklin and Rosanna.
(d) Franklin and Rachel.
15. Where does Franklin fall asleep after he steals the crystal?
(a) The hallway.
(b) Rachel's sitting room.
(c) Rachel's bathroom.
(d) His bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country has Cuff gone to?
2. Why does Franklin want to find the Moonstone in this section?
3. Where does Betteredge walk Franklin to?
4. What had happened to the sailor when the men broke into his room?
5. What kind of stone do they place in Rachel's Indian cabinet in for the experiment?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)