|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Yolland say Rosanna plans to do?
(a) Sell the diamond.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Kill the Indians.
(d) Leave her job.
2. Who delays his departure until he finds out about Julia's talk with Rachel?
3. Why does Mr. Muthwaite think the Indians have a serious purpose?
(a) They are are threatening violence.
(b) They are willing to steal.
(c) They are portraying a lower caste.
(d) They are dressed in their religious garments.
4. Why does Franklin take Rachel to London in this section?
(a) To meet friends.
(b) For a party.
(c) For medical treatment.
(d) To watch a sporting event.
5. Why does Lady Verinder ask Drusilla to stay?
(a) To talk about Rachel.
(b) To chat about London.
(c) To be a witness to her will.
(d) To polish her shoes.
6. Where does Miss Clack say she met Godfrey?
(a) The Dorchester.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) The Strand.
(d) Bond Street.
7. What did the Indians take from Luker when they tied him up?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) His wallet.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A bank receipt.
8. Who does Franklin's father put in charge of finding the Moonstone?
(a) Superintendant Seegrave.
(b) P.C Vernon.
(c) Sergeant Cuff.
(d) Inspector Bright.
9. What does Rachel say she has accepted?
(a) A great responsibility.
(b) A Pandora's box.
(c) A year of badluck.
(d) A wondrous opportunity.
10. Where does Murthwaite recommend the family sends the Moonstone to cut it up into smaller pieces?
11. Who overhears Godfrey saying he would do something that day?
(a) Aunt Verinda.
12. Why does Murthwaite say the Indians want the Moonstone?
(a) They want to give to the Chinese to prevent a war.
(b) They want to restore it the head of a statue.
(c) They want to sell it to the British.
(d) They want to restore it to the Indian royal jewels.
13. Who has to be sedated in this section?
(b) Lady Verinder.
(d) Miss Clack.
14. What is Gabriel Betteredge's role in Lady Verinder's household?
(d) Head Butler.
15. What information does Cuff think the letter contains?
(a) The jewelers in Amsterdam.
(b) The identity of the thief.
(c) The location of the hiding place.
(d) Future meeting times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godfrey ask Rachel at the beginning of this section?
2. Where did Rosanna ask the delivery man to post her letter from?
3. What novel does the narrator say he likes to read in the evening?
4. Who does Franklin say has had his vengeance on the household?
5. What does Betteredge discover outside the property that night?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)