|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Clack originally think the meeting with Godfrey was about?
(a) Their affair.
(b) Her will.
(c) One of his children.
(d) One of his charities.
2. Who delays his departure until he finds out about Julia's talk with Rachel?
3. Who escorts the ladies to Brighton?
4. What is Rachel celebrating in this section?
(a) The birth of her niece.
(b) Her wedding anniversary.
(d) Her birthday.
5. What is the name of the Verinders poor relative?
(a) Mr. Strand.
(b) Mr. Godfry.
(c) Miss Snake.
(d) Miss Clack.
6. What kind of person does Cuff say Rachel is acquainted with in London?
(a) A conman.
(b) A pickpocket.
(c) A jewel thief.
(d) A money lender.
7. What does Betteredge discover outside the property that night?
(a) A bottle of black ink.
(b) A juggling ball.
(c) A diamond.
(d) An Indian hex.
8. Who does Lucy blame for Rosanna's death?
9. Who has to be sedated in this section?
(b) Lady Verinder.
(c) Miss Clack.
10. What does Cuff say Rosanna bought enough material to make?
(a) A summer dress.
(b) A nightgown.
(c) A waist coat.
(d) A pair of slippers.
11. What does the chief Indian ask the English boy to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Stand up straight.
(c) Fetch his mother.
(d) Hold out his hand.
12. Who are Lady Verinder and Raochel surprised to hear has departed in their absence?
13. What does Betteredge receive a check for?
(a) Rosanna's funeral.
(b) The hiring of a new detective.
(c) Cuff's fee and dimissal.
(d) Rachel's wedding.
14. Why does Lady Verinder ask Drusilla to stay?
(a) To polish her shoes.
(b) To talk about Rachel.
(c) To chat about London.
(d) To be a witness to her will.
15. Which of Rachel's relatives lives in Frizinghall?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of village is Cobb's Hole?
2. Where does Abelwhite live?
3. Who does Rachel leave Brighton in the company of?
4. Why does Cuff want to search everyone's wardrobes?
5. In which city do the Verinders have a house?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)