|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Cuff think the letter contains?
(a) Future meeting times.
(b) The identity of the thief.
(c) The jewelers in Amsterdam.
(d) The location of the hiding place.
2. Who has to be sedated in this section?
(a) Miss Clack.
(c) Lady Verinder.
3. What did the Indians take from Luker when they tied him up?
(a) His wallet.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A bank receipt.
(d) A bracelet.
4. What does Franklin get from Frizinghall?
(a) The Moonstone.
(b) A will.
(c) A suitcase of money.
(d) The bottle of black ink.
5. Who does Franklin say has had his vengeance on the household?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The inspector.
(c) Sergeant Cobb.
(d) The Colonel.
6. Who escorts the ladies to Brighton?
7. Where did the Indians find the boy?
(a) Floating down a river.
(b) At a market in London.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In a workhouse.
8. Who does Lucy blame for Rosanna's death?
9. What did Miss Clack originally think the meeting with Godfrey was about?
(a) One of his charities.
(b) Their affair.
(c) One of his children.
(d) Her will.
10. What does Godfrey ask Rachel at the beginning of this section?
(a) To give him the diamond.
(b) To help him kill himself.
(c) To marry him
(d) To runaway with him.
11. Who delays his departure until he finds out about Julia's talk with Rachel?
12. Why does Franklin want to pay Cuff at the end of this section?
(a) To persuade him to continue the investigation.
(b) To find Rosanna.
(c) To end the investigation.
(d) To make him forget the whole episode.
13. Who dies in this section?
(d) Lady Verinder.
14. What is Rachel celebrating in this section?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her wedding anniversary.
(d) The birth of her niece.
15. Why does the dinner guests say Indian diamonds are important to Indians?
(a) They are part of the religion.
(b) They make a good cutting tool.
(c) They offer them immunity from the government.
(d) They offer them a better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betteredge receive a check for?
2. Where does Godfrey leave for after Rachel breaks the bad news?
3. Why does Franklin think Miss Clack can write a narrative about the Moonstone?
4. Who is the youngest of the Herncastle sisters?
5. What does Rachel say she has accepted?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)