|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of village is Cobb's Hole?
(a) A fishing village.
(b) A chocolate box village,
(c) A factory village.
(d) A mining village.
2. Why does Cuff think Rachel went into town?
(a) To talk to the Indians.
(b) To sell the diamond.
(c) To buy material for a dress.
(d) To book a train ticket.
3. What caste are the Indians member of?
4. What did the Indians take from Luker when they tied him up?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A photograph.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A bank receipt.
5. Who does Franklin's father put in charge of finding the Moonstone?
(a) P.C Vernon.
(b) Sergeant Cuff.
(c) Superintendant Seegrave.
(d) Inspector Bright.
6. Who escorts the ladies to Brighton?
7. Why does Cuff want to search everyone's wardrobes?
(a) To find the dirty pair of sneakers.
(b) To find the cowboy hat last seen in town.
(c) To find the item of clothing with the paint smudge.
(d) To find the item of clothing with the blood stain.
8. Where does Cuff think Rachel and Rosanna are meeting each other?
(b) Sussex House.
(c) New Delhi.
9. In which country did uncle Herncastle find the diamond?
(b) South Africa.
10. Why does the dinner guests say Indian diamonds are important to Indians?
(a) They offer them a better life.
(b) They are part of the religion.
(c) They offer them immunity from the government.
(d) They make a good cutting tool.
11. Who does Lucy blame for Rosanna's death?
12. Who is Rachel refusing to talk to in this section?
13. Complete the following sentence; today we love, what tomorrow we....
14. In which city does Bruff think they can locate the Moonstone?
15. What does Cuff send Betteredge in this section?
(a) Photographs of Rachel stealing the diamond.
(b) A newspaper article about the money lender.
(c) A book about diamonds and Indian religion.
(d) A magazine article about the Moonstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franklin take Rachel to London in this section?
2. What does Rachel say she has accepted?
3. Who does Franklin say has had his vengeance on the household?
4. What is Rachel celebrating in this section?
5. What does Cuff say will happen to the Indians in this section?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)