|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Narrative, pgs. 447-483.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men decide the experiment proves?
(a) Rachel stole the diamond from Franklin.
(b) Franklin gave the diamond to the moneylender.
(c) Franklin took the diamond.
(d) Rachel drugged Franklin.
2. Why does Franklin want to pay Cuff at the end of this section?
(a) To find Rosanna.
(b) To persuade him to continue the investigation.
(c) To end the investigation.
(d) To make him forget the whole episode.
3. Where does Cuff find one of Rosanna's footprints?
(a) Next to the lake.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In the flowerbeds.
(d) In the forest.
4. Where does Jennings think Franklin has hidden the diamond?
(a) The watchtower.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) His room.
(d) The graveyard.
5. Why does Bruff say he wants to return to London?
(a) To talk to his superintendant.
(b) To watch Luker and the bank.
(c) To research the diamond trade.
(d) To see his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Franklin give Betteredge for coming back to Yorkshire?
2. What is Joyce's role in the local area?
3. Who narrates the fifth narrative?
4. What kind of stone do they place in Rachel's Indian cabinet in for the experiment?
5. While under the influence of opium, who does Franklin say he is worried about?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)