Prologue and First Period, pgs. 33-77
1. What is Gabriel Betteredge's role in Lady Verinder's household?
(a) Head Butler.
2. What is the name of the diamond?
(a) The Sand Drift.
(b) The Sunstone.
(c) The Sparkler.
(d) The Moonstone.
3. In which country did uncle Herncastle find the diamond?
(b) South Africa.
4. Who is the youngest of the Herncastle sisters?
5. What novel does the narrator say he likes to read in the evening?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) Moll Flanders.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
6. Complete the following sentence; today we love, what tomorrow we....
7. What country does Mr. Blake think is superior to England?
8. What kind of instrument are the Indians carrying?
9. What does the chief Indian ask the English boy to do?
(a) Stand up straight.
(b) Fetch his mother.
(c) Hold out his hand.
(d) Go home.
10. Where did the Indians find the boy?
(a) At a market in London.
(b) In a workhouse.
(c) On a ship.
(d) Floating down a river.
This section contains 3,725 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)