|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the miners not punished with smaller food portions?
2. What emotion overtakes the fear that Mrs. Morden felt when Tonder first came to her house?
3. What is in a package that Hunter opened?
4. What gift does Annie bring to Mrs. Morden?
5. What is printed on the packages dropped around town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
2. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
3. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
4. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
5. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
6. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
7. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
8. How does Loft show his naievte?
9. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
10. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)