|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
2. What does Winters say will happen when the leaders of the resistance are killed?
3. What do the soldiers miss most during the occupation?
4. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
5. What is printed on the packages dropped around town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
2. How does Loft show his naievte?
3. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
4. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
5. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
6. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
7. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
8. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
9. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
10. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)