|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers not venture out alone?
2. What does Tonder ask Mrs. Morden to do for him when he visits her house?
3. How many packages are seen dropped around town?
4. Why does Annie get suspicious of Mrs. Morden?
5. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
2. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
3. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
4. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
5. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
6. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
7. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
8. How does Loft show his naievte?
9. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
10. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)