|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morden tell Tonder was the cost of her companionship?
2. What does Loft do when Tonder loses control?
3. What do the people do to slow the mining?
4. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
5. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Freedom was a key motivator to the people of this town. What were the people willing to do for their freedom, and how did this affect their relationship with each other?
Essay Topic 3
The Mayor endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)