|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers not venture out alone?
2. Who does the Mayor quote before he is executed?
3. What do the Mayor and Winters do while they are under arrest?
4. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
5. What is Mrs. Morden doing when Annie comes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
2. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
3. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
4. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
5. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
6. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
7. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
8. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
9. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
10. What happens when Tonder loses control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is another strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The Mayor endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)