|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom plan to do with the person he plans to take with him when he escapes to England?
2. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
3. What is Alex's wife's name?
4. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
5. What do the soldiers hear other invading armies are met with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
2. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
3. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
4. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
5. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
6. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
7. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
8. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
9. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
10. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
War is a major theme in this book. How is this theme presented, and how did it affect the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)