|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is black paper put on the windows?
2. Who does Tonder shout at during the occupation?
3. What does Winters say the enemy has underestimated when he is under arrest?
4. What does Lanser ask of the Mayor before his execution?
5. What does the Mayor say to Winters before his execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
2. What happens when Tonder loses control?
3. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
4. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
5. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
6. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
7. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
8. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
9. What does the Mayor say to his wife before his execution?
10. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)