|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lanterns are lit when electricity goes down?
2. What is printed on the packages dropped around town?
3. Who does Tonder shout at during the occupation?
4. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
5. What does Lanser fear most about the packages being dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tonder loses control?
2. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
3. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
4. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
5. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
6. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
7. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
8. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
9. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
10. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Winter and the Mayor are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)