|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tonder do when he loses control?
2. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
3. What does the person listening to Tonder yell do?
4. How does Tonder describe himself when he stops by Mrs. Morden's house?
5. What does Tonder not know about Mrs. Morden before coming to her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
War is a major theme in this book. How is this theme presented, and how did it affect the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Freedom was a key motivator to the people of this town. What were the people willing to do for their freedom, and how did this affect their relationship with each other?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)