|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morden tell Tonder was the cost of her companionship?
2. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
3. What does the person listening to Tonder yell do?
4. What does Winters ensure the Mayor of before his execution?
5. Why does Lanser feel panicked about the packages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
2. What happens when Tonder loses control?
3. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
4. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
5. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
6. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
7. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
8. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
9. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
10. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Winter and the Mayor are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The town and country in this book were not ever named. Why do you think the author chose to withhold this information, and how did it change the feeling of the narrative.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)