|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mayor put under arrest?
2. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
3. How was one of Tom's brother's killed?
4. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
5. What is Tom's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
2. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
3. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
4. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
5. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
6. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
7. What happens when Tonder loses control?
8. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
9. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
10. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Winter and the Mayor are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
War is a major theme in this book. How is this theme presented, and how did it affect the tone of the book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)