|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor say will follow Alex's example?
2. What is the name of the town in the book?
3. Who is the last person to speak with Alex before he dies?
4. Who is the Mayor told to trust when he confides in someone before the trial?
5. What is Hunter's main flaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lanser say about the affects of war when it is over?
2. What does Lanser beg the Mayor to do when he first invades the town and why?
3. What is Alex's defense at his trial?
4. How does the narrator describe Loft?
5. What are Lanser and Mayor Orden supposed to be symbolizing in this narrative?
6. What does the Mayor say will be the start to the resistance?
7. What does Correll ask of Lanser, and what answer does he get?
8. How does the Mayor say Lanser broke the law?
9. How does Lanser request his meeting with the Mayor?
10. What does Annie say will happen if Alex is killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)