|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
(a) The Anders brothers.
(b) Dr. Winters.
(d) The Mayor.
2. What does the Mayor say to Winters before his execution?
(a) A poem.
(b) An inside joke.
(c) A scripture verse.
(d) A quote from Socrates.
3. How long have the Mayor and Winters known each other?
(a) Since the beginning of the war.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since grade school.
(d) Since high school.
4. What does Lanser fear most about the packages being dropped?
(a) That he will be demoted or even executed for failure.
(b) That the success of it will spread to other occupied towns.
(c) That they will implode on contact.
(d) That his advisors will be disappointed in him.
5. What emotion overtakes the fear that Mrs. Morden felt when Tonder first came to her house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the packages dropped around town?
2. Why do more soldiers not go home from the occupation?
3. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
4. Who does Tom plan to take with him when he escapes to England?
5. How do the people know how to use the packages they find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
2. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
3. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
4. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
5. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
6. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
7. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
8. What happens when Tonder loses control?
9. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
10. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)