|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
(a) The lips.
(b) The neck.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The cheek.
2. What does Lanser think will restore order in the town?
(a) Execution of the leaders.
(b) A week of no food rations.
(c) Random shootings.
(d) Fearless raids on houses.
3. Who does the Mayor quote before he is executed?
4. Why is black paper put on the windows?
(a) To mark the houses in the resistance.
(b) To show a trail of safety.
(c) To insulate the houses.
(d) To protect from air raids.
5. How do the soldiers get news from home?
(a) They watch the television.
(b) They get letters.
(c) They get newspapers.
(d) They listen to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winters ensure the Mayor of before his execution?
2. Who does Lanser put in charge of finding the packages?
3. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
4. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
5. What causes soldiers to be sent home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
2. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
3. Why can the soldiers not punish the mine workers by withholding food?
4. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
5. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
6. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
7. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
8. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
9. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
10. What happens when Tonder loses control?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)