|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is printed on the packages dropped around town?
(a) Via England.
(d) To our brothers.
2. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
(a) The neck.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The cheek.
(d) The lips.
3. How do the people know how to use the packages they find?
(a) They use explosives in the mines.
(b) They use trial and error to figure it out.
(c) Instructions were included.
(d) A letter was sent explaining it to the Mayor.
4. What does Tonder not know about Mrs. Morden before coming to her house?
(a) She is older than him.
(b) She was once a German.
(c) She has been sleeping with soldiers for food.
(d) She is the widow of Alex.
5. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
(a) They are welcomed home.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are rewarded with money.
(d) They are taxed heavily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes soldiers to be sent home?
2. What holiday does the author compare the dropping of the packages to?
3. When did the originator of the Mayor's quote give those lines?
4. What does the Mayor say the people were fighting for?
5. What does Winters say gives the people strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
2. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
3. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
4. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
5. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
6. Why can the soldiers not punish the mine workers by withholding food?
7. How does Loft show his naievte?
8. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
9. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
10. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)