|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morden's house being used by the Mayor for?
(a) A turning point.
(b) A map piece.
(c) A meeting place.
(d) A symbol.
2. What kind of lanterns are lit when electricity goes down?
(c) Olive oil.
3. What causes soldiers to be sent home?
(a) Their enlistment time is up.
(b) They go insane.
(c) They get injured.
(d) Their families need help at home.
4. What season makes the soldiers feel isolated?
5. Who does the Mayor quote before he is executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does the author compare the dropping of the packages to?
2. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
3. Why does Annie get suspicious of Mrs. Morden?
4. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
5. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
2. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
3. Why can the soldiers not punish the mine workers by withholding food?
4. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
5. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
6. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
7. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
8. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
9. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
10. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)