|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The lips.
(c) The neck.
(d) The cheek.
2. Why do more soldiers not go home from the occupation?
(a) They can't prove the hardship.
(b) They don't want to die.
(c) They don't want the disgrace.
(d) They can't leave their comrades.
3. What is Tom's last name?
4. What does Winters say the enemy has underestimated when he is under arrest?
(a) The country.
(b) The plan.
(c) The people.
(d) The weapons.
5. What gift does Annie bring to Mrs. Morden?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) A piece of meat.
(c) A sleeping tonic.
(d) Some firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
2. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
3. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
4. Who is sent to retrieve all the packages dropped?
5. What does Lanser fear could be damaged with the packages?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
2. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
3. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
4. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
5. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
6. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
7. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
8. How does Loft show his naievte?
9. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
10. What happens when Tonder loses control?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)