|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of looks do the townspeople give the soldiers when passing them?
2. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
(a) She doesn't want him to get in trouble.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She knows the Mayor is coming.
(d) She is getting ready to run away.
3. Who does Tom plan to take with him when he escapes to England?
(b) Mr. Correll.
(c) The Mayor.
4. Who is sent to retrieve all the packages dropped?
(a) The children.
(b) The women.
(c) The miners.
(d) The soldiers.
5. What do the Mayor and Winters do while they are under arrest?
(a) Reminisce about the past.
(b) Plead for their lives.
(c) Send messages to others.
(d) Create an escape plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mayor put under arrest?
2. What does Loft do when Tonder loses control?
3. What color are the packages dropped around town?
4. What does Tom plan to do with the person he plans to take with him when he escapes to England?
5. How does Tonder describe Mrs. Morden when he stops by her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
2. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
3. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
4. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
5. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
6. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
7. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
8. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
9. How does Loft show his naievte?
10. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)