|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
2. What color are the packages dropped around town?
3. Why is black paper put on the windows?
(a) To insulate the houses.
(b) To show a trail of safety.
(c) To mark the houses in the resistance.
(d) To protect from air raids.
4. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
(a) Dr. Winters.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Anders brothers.
5. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
(a) The sound of marching soldiers.
(b) The voices of men.
(c) The end of day whistle.
(d) The whistling winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Correll report to about the uprising?
2. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
3. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
4. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
5. Who would Lanser have preferred to be in charge of finding the packages?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
2. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
3. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
4. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
5. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
6. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
7. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
8. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
9. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
10. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)