|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom plan to do with the person he plans to take with him when he escapes to England?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Return her to her family.
(c) Hide and protect him.
(d) Dump him in the ocean.
2. What kind of lanterns are lit when electricity goes down?
(a) Olive oil.
3. How does Tonder describe himself when he stops by Mrs. Morden's house?
4. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
(a) They lose on their wages.
(b) They get beat.
(c) Their positions are moved to the more dangerous ones.
(d) Their families are not fed.
5. Who does the Mayor ask to comfort his wife before his execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers hear other invading armies are met with?
2. What does the person listening to Tonder yell do?
3. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
4. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
5. Who does Correll report to about the uprising?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
2. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
3. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
4. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
5. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
6. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
7. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
8. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
9. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
10. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)