|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morden's house being used by the Mayor for?
(a) A turning point.
(b) A meeting place.
(c) A map piece.
(d) A symbol.
2. What do the soldiers hear other invading armies are met with?
(b) Surrender flags.
3. What does the Mayor say the people were fighting for?
(a) Their homeland.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Their lives.
4. What does the Mayor call his predicament to his wife before his execution?
(b) A necessity.
5. Who saved Correll from being killed?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) A sentry.
(d) Dr. Winters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the man put in charge of finding the packages?
2. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
3. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
4. What emotion overtakes the fear that Mrs. Morden felt when Tonder first came to her house?
5. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
2. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
3. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
4. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
5. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
6. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
7. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
8. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
9. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
10. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)