|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Mayor put under arrest?
(a) The town square.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The military barracks.
(d) The Palace.
2. Why does the Mayor say he will not do what Lanser asked of him?
(a) It would damn him.
(b) He didn't trust Lanser.
(c) It would not stop them.
(d) He would be ashamed.
3. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are taxed heavily.
(c) They are welcomed home.
(d) They are rewarded with money.
4. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
(a) The hostages had to be returned.
(b) The explosions had to stop.
(c) The coal quota had to be met.
(d) The taxes had to be paid.
5. What does Tonder not know about Mrs. Morden before coming to her house?
(a) She is the widow of Alex.
(b) She is older than him.
(c) She has been sleeping with soldiers for food.
(d) She was once a German.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of looks do the townspeople give the soldiers when passing them?
2. What is Mrs. Morden doing when Annie comes by?
3. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
4. What is Tom's last name?
5. What does Winters say the enemy has underestimated when he is under arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
2. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
3. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
4. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
5. What does the Mayor say to his wife before his execution?
6. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
7. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
8. What happens when Tonder loses control?
9. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
10. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)