|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of news do the soldiers hear from home?
(a) Everything is wonderful.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) They are being invaded.
(d) The war is hurting them.
2. What does Tonder do when he loses control?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He laughs hysterically.
(c) He walks around in circles.
(d) He hums the German anthem.
3. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
(a) She knows the Mayor is coming.
(b) She doesn't want him to get in trouble.
(c) She is getting ready to run away.
(d) She is afraid of him.
4. What does Mrs. Morder first think Tonder wants when he comes to her house?
(a) To seduce her.
(b) To spy on her.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To kill her.
5. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
(a) To keep warm.
(b) To use the wool.
(c) To prepare to run away.
(d) To feed some orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
2. What does Loft do when Tonder loses control?
3. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
4. Who does the Mayor quote before he is executed?
5. What does the Mayor want sent from England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
2. Why can the soldiers not punish the mine workers by withholding food?
3. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
4. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
5. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
6. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
7. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
8. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
9. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
10. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)