|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morden doing when Annie comes by?
(a) Milling corn.
(b) Unravelling a sweater.
(c) Packing a bag.
(d) Stoking a fire.
2. What horrible things do the soldiers find in the snow in winter?
(a) Ruined ammunition.
(b) Undetonated mines.
(c) Bodies of soldiers.
(d) Blood trails.
3. What does Tonder promise Mrs. Morden before leaving her house?
(a) That he would come back soon.
(b) That he would avenge Alex's death.
(c) That he would help her.
(d) That he would protect her.
4. What is Mrs. Morden's house being used by the Mayor for?
(a) A map piece.
(b) A turning point.
(c) A symbol.
(d) A meeting place.
5. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
(a) Patrol her street.
(b) Allot her extra fire wood.
(c) Give her extra food.
(d) Leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers miss most during the occupation?
2. Who does Correll report to about the uprising?
3. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
4. What does Lanser fear could be damaged with the packages?
5. What kind of lanterns are lit when electricity goes down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
2. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
3. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
4. What does the Mayor say to his wife before his execution?
5. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
6. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
7. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
8. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
9. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
10. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)