|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Correll report to about the uprising?
2. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
(a) They get beat.
(b) Their positions are moved to the more dangerous ones.
(c) Their families are not fed.
(d) They lose on their wages.
3. Why do the soldiers not venture out alone?
(a) They are on guard.
(b) They have to protect one another.
(c) They feel surrounded.
(d) They are following instructions.
4. Why are the miners not punished with smaller food portions?
(a) It is unconstitutional.
(b) They all have their own food.
(c) They need their strength to mine.
(d) It is against war rules.
5. What kind of news do the soldiers hear from home?
(a) The war is hurting them.
(b) Everything is wonderful.
(c) Nothing has changed.
(d) They are being invaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
2. How long have the Mayor and Winters known each other?
3. What do the Mayor and Winters do while they are under arrest?
4. Who saved Correll from being killed?
5. What kind of lanterns are lit when electricity goes down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
2. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
3. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
4. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
5. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
6. What does the Mayor say to his wife before his execution?
7. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
8. What happens when Tonder loses control?
9. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
10. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)