|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morden doing when Annie comes by?
(a) Milling corn.
(b) Stoking a fire.
(c) Packing a bag.
(d) Unravelling a sweater.
2. What is Mrs. Morden's house being used by the Mayor for?
(a) A turning point.
(b) A meeting place.
(c) A map piece.
(d) A symbol.
3. What does Tonder ask Mrs. Morden to do for him when he visits her house?
(a) Teach him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Talk with him.
(d) Read to him.
4. What is wrong with the man put in charge of finding the packages?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He is afraid of the townspeople.
(c) He is having emotional upheavals.
(d) He has bad eyesight.
5. What does Winters say the enemy has underestimated when he is under arrest?
(a) The plan.
(b) The weapons.
(c) The people.
(d) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor call his predicament to his wife before his execution?
2. What kind of looks do the townspeople give the soldiers when passing them?
3. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
4. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
5. Why is black paper put on the windows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mayor say to his wife before his execution?
2. Why does Tonder say he wants to visit with Molly?
3. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
4. What happened to Tom and Will's brother?
5. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
6. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
7. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
8. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
9. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
10. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)