|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
2. What does Tonder do when he loses control?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He laughs hysterically.
(c) He hums the German anthem.
(d) He walks around in circles.
3. Who does Tom plan to take with him when he escapes to England?
(b) The Mayor.
(d) Mr. Correll.
4. What do the soldiers miss most during the occupation?
(a) Talking to people.
(b) Exercise drills.
(d) Familiar food.
5. Who does the Mayor quote before he is executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morden's house being used by the Mayor for?
2. What is in a package that Hunter opened?
3. Why does Lanser feel panicked about the packages?
4. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
5. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
2. What does the Mayor say to his wife before his execution?
3. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
4. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
5. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
6. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
7. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
8. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
9. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
10. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)