|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes soldiers to be sent home?
(a) They get injured.
(b) Their families need help at home.
(c) Their enlistment time is up.
(d) They go insane.
2. When did the originator of the Mayor's quote give those lines?
(a) Before heading to war.
(b) At a commencement ceremony.
(c) Before he was executed.
(d) On his death bed.
3. How was one of Tom's brother's killed?
(a) He was crushed in a mining accident.
(b) He was shot by a soldier.
(c) He drowned while trying to escape to England.
(d) He starved to death.
4. What does Winters say gives the people strength?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their spirit.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their freedom.
5. What does Loft do when Tonder loses control?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Medicates him.
(c) Douses him with water.
(d) Holds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
2. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
3. What is Mrs. Morden's house being used by the Mayor for?
4. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
5. Who would Lanser have preferred to be in charge of finding the packages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
2. What does Lanser plead with the Mayor to do before his execution, and what did this show?
3. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
4. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
5. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
6. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
7. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
8. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
9. How does Loft show his naievte?
10. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)