|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the soldiers not venture out alone?
(a) They feel surrounded.
(b) They are following instructions.
(c) They are on guard.
(d) They have to protect one another.
2. What do the soldiers hear other invading armies are met with?
(c) Surrender flags.
3. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Give her extra food.
(c) Allot her extra fire wood.
(d) Patrol her street.
4. What is Tom's last name?
5. Who is sent to retrieve all the packages dropped?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The children.
(c) The miners.
(d) The women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winters say the enemy has underestimated when he is under arrest?
2. Why does Annie get suspicious of Mrs. Morden?
3. What does Mrs. Morden tell Tonder was the cost of her companionship?
4. What emotion overtakes the fear that Mrs. Morden felt when Tonder first came to her house?
5. What does the Mayor say the people were fighting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tonder loses control?
2. What punishment does Loft create for insubordinate mine workers?
3. What does Correll say will be done to create order in the town after the packages are dropped?
4. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
5. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
6. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
7. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
8. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
9. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
10. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)