|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winters ensure the Mayor of before his execution?
(a) The city will be freed.
(b) God will be good.
(c) The debt will be paid.
(d) He will be forgiven.
2. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
(a) She doesn't want him to get in trouble.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She is getting ready to run away.
(d) She knows the Mayor is coming.
3. Why are the miners not punished with smaller food portions?
(a) They need their strength to mine.
(b) It is against war rules.
(c) It is unconstitutional.
(d) They all have their own food.
4. What does Winters say gives the people strength?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) Their spirit.
(c) Their heads.
(d) Their hearts.
5. What kind of news do the soldiers hear from home?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) They are being invaded.
(c) The war is hurting them.
(d) Everything is wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do while the Mayor is at Mrs. Morden's house?
2. Why do the soldiers not venture out alone?
3. What does Lanser ask of the Mayor before his execution?
4. Why does Annie get suspicious of Mrs. Morden?
5. What is Mrs. Morden doing when Annie comes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the soldiers so miserable during the winter?
2. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
3. What causes the Mayor to feel ashamed before his execution?
4. What was the quote that the Mayor was thinking of before his execution?
5. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
6. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
7. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
8. How do some soldiers get sent home, and why do more soldiers not try this?
9. How does Loft show his naievte?
10. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)