|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor want sent from England?
(c) All of these.
(d) World news.
2. What causes soldiers to be sent home?
(a) Their families need help at home.
(b) They get injured.
(c) Their enlistment time is up.
(d) They go insane.
3. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
(a) The voices of men.
(b) The whistling winds.
(c) The end of day whistle.
(d) The sound of marching soldiers.
4. Who does Tom plan to take with him when he escapes to England?
(a) Mr. Correll.
(d) The Mayor.
5. What does Winters ensure the Mayor of before his execution?
(a) He will be forgiven.
(b) The debt will be paid.
(c) God will be good.
(d) The city will be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mayor put under arrest?
2. What does Winters say will happen when the leaders of the resistance are killed?
3. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
4. What does Tonder promise Mrs. Morden before leaving her house?
5. What does the Mayor call his predicament to his wife before his execution?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)