|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
2. What are the townspeople mining?
3. How was one of Tom's brother's killed?
(a) He starved to death.
(b) He was crushed in a mining accident.
(c) He drowned while trying to escape to England.
(d) He was shot by a soldier.
4. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
(a) The coal quota had to be met.
(b) The taxes had to be paid.
(c) The explosions had to stop.
(d) The hostages had to be returned.
5. What kind of looks do the townspeople give the soldiers when passing them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
2. How does Tonder describe himself when he stops by Mrs. Morden's house?
3. Who tells Mrs. Morden when the Mayor wants to use her house for?
4. What is Alex's wife's name?
5. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
2. How does Loft show his naievte?
3. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
4. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
5. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
6. What happens when Tonder loses control?
7. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
8. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
9. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
10. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)