|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor say to Winters before his execution?
(a) A quote from Socrates.
(b) An inside joke.
(c) A poem.
(d) A scripture verse.
2. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
(a) Patrol her street.
(b) Give her extra food.
(c) Allot her extra fire wood.
(d) Leave her alone.
3. Why do more soldiers not go home from the occupation?
(a) They can't prove the hardship.
(b) They can't leave their comrades.
(c) They don't want the disgrace.
(d) They don't want to die.
4. What gift does Annie bring to Mrs. Morden?
(a) Some firewood.
(b) A piece of meat.
(c) A sleeping tonic.
(d) A warm blanket.
5. What do the Mayor and Winters do while they are under arrest?
(a) Send messages to others.
(b) Reminisce about the past.
(c) Plead for their lives.
(d) Create an escape plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
2. What do the people do to slow the mining?
3. What does Lanser fear could be damaged with the packages?
4. How do the soldiers get news from home?
5. What kind of news do the soldiers hear from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly's comment to Tonder about sausages mean?
2. Who has the most success of gathering the packages sent by the air drops?
3. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
4. How could the people use the dynamite sent to them by the air drops?
5. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
6. Why does Winters say the enemy has underestimated his people?
7. Who does Lanser want to put in charge of gathering the packages, and why is he unavailable?
8. Why does Annie get suspicious of Molly?
9. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
10. What did Correll do after sustaining his injury?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)