|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What startles Mrs. Morden while she is sitting alone in her house most nights?
(a) The whistling winds.
(b) The end of day whistle.
(c) The voices of men.
(d) The sound of marching soldiers.
2. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
3. What does Lanser fear could be damaged with the packages?
(b) The rail track.
(c) All of these.
4. What does Tonder ask Mrs. Morden to do for him when he visits her house?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Teach him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Talk with him.
5. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do to slow the mining?
2. What does Annie do while the Mayor is at Mrs. Morden's house?
3. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
4. Who does Lanser put in charge of finding the packages?
5. Who is sent to retrieve all the packages dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Mayor have to do if he wanted to avoid being executed?
2. What do Tom and Will plan to do as they ecape, and why?
3. Why doesCorrell say his arm is in a sling?
4. What do the townspeople do to make the soldiers weaker?
5. What request does the Mayor make to the Anders brothers before they leave?
6. Why can the soldiers not punish the mine workers by withholding food?
7. How does Loft show his naievte?
8. How does Tonder feel when he finds out who Molly is, and what does he do about it?
9. What do the miners do to slow the work in the mines?
10. What does Molly do when she knows Tonder is at the door for the second time?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)