|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Loft said to be the opposite of?
2. Who sets up the furniture for the trial?
3. How many wars has Lanser fought in?
4. What is the Mayor's wife most worried about when the soldiers are in her house?
(a) Her safety.
(b) The war.
(c) Her image.
5. What causes someone to come to the Palace all bloody after the execution?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He is pushed.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is punched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Orden's occupation?
2. Where does Lanser ask to stay while he is in the town?
3. Who does Lanser plan to make the Mayor of the town?
4. What does Bentick smoke?
5. What does Lanser command after someone comes to the Palace all bloody?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens immediately after the execution of Alex?
2. What reasons does Lanser give for his answer to Correll?
3. What does Tonder think of Prackle's pin-up?
4. How does Lanser say he knows something bad is coming before the trial?
5. What does Correll give the soldiers in his town at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Correll ask of Lanser, and what answer does he get?
7. What does Lanser say about the affects of war when it is over?
8. What country is Bentick enamored with, and how does he show this?
9. What is Alex's defense at his trial?
10. What does Tonder dream about when Christmas rolls around?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)