|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hunter's occupation before entering the military?
2. What country does this book take place in?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(c) It is never named.
3. Who does the Mayor confide in before the trial?
4. Who was Alex attacking when Bentick was killed?
5. What floor of the Palace does Lanser stay on?
(a) The main floor.
(b) The upper floors.
(c) The lower floors.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Mayor's most practical servant?
2. What does Tonder like to spend his time doing?
3. What is the major industry in the town?
4. Who has a pin-up of a glamorous woman?
5. What was Bentick killed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tonder think of Prackle's pin-up?
2. What does Annie do when she gets mad at some soldiers?
3. What is Joseph most concerned about when the invading forces come into the house?
4. What does Correll ask of Lanser, and what answer does he get?
5. What does the Mayor say he will have to do before making any firm decisions with Lanser?
6. What are Lanser and Mayor Orden supposed to be symbolizing in this narrative?
7. What is Madame most worried about when the invading forces come into the house?
8. How did Bentick died?
9. What makes the townspeople turn against Correll?
10. What does Dr. Winter say the townspeople will do after the invasion, and why does he think this?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)