|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had to happen for the Mayor to be saved?
(a) The taxes had to be paid.
(b) The explosions had to stop.
(c) The hostages had to be returned.
(d) The coal quota had to be met.
2. Who does Tom plan to take with him when he escapes to England?
(a) Mr. Correll.
(c) The Mayor.
3. What does Tonder do when he loses control?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He hums the German anthem.
(c) He walks around in circles.
(d) He laughs hysterically.
4. What does Lanser ask of the Mayor before his execution?
(a) To sign his book.
(b) To run and save his life.
(c) To tell the people to stop the explosions.
(d) To take an oath of peace.
5. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
6. Who does the Mayor quote before he is executed?
7. Who does Lanser put in charge of finding the packages?
8. What does Loft do when Tonder loses control?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Medicates him.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Douses him with water.
9. Why is Mrs. Morden doing what she is doing when Annie comes by?
(a) To prepare to run away.
(b) To feed some orphans.
(c) To use the wool.
(d) To keep warm.
10. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
11. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
(a) They are welcomed home.
(b) They are rewarded with money.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are taxed heavily.
12. What season makes the soldiers feel isolated?
13. Why does the Mayor say he will not do what Lanser asked of him?
(a) He didn't trust Lanser.
(b) It would not stop them.
(c) He would be ashamed.
(d) It would damn him.
14. Who would Lanser have preferred to be in charge of finding the packages?
(d) The Mayor.
15. Who does Correll say is behind the uprising?
(a) Dr. Winters.
(b) The Anders brothers.
(c) The Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
2. What do the Mayor and Winters do while they are under arrest?
3. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
4. Why does Annie get suspicious of Mrs. Morden?
5. Where is the Mayor put under arrest?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)