|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in a package that Hunter opened?
(b) Some money.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A map.
2. Who does Lanser put in charge of finding the packages?
3. Who tells Mrs. Morden when the Mayor wants to use her house for?
(c) The Mayor.
4. What does Lanser think will restore order in the town?
(a) Fearless raids on houses.
(b) Execution of the leaders.
(c) Random shootings.
(d) A week of no food rations.
5. What does the Mayor say to Winters before his execution?
(a) A poem.
(b) An inside joke.
(c) A scripture verse.
(d) A quote from Socrates.
6. Who is the only solider to not question the news from home?
7. What is wrong with the man put in charge of finding the packages?
(a) He is very sick.
(b) He has bad eyesight.
(c) He is afraid of the townspeople.
(d) He is having emotional upheavals.
8. What does the Mayor say the people were fighting for?
(a) Their reputation.
(b) Their lives.
(c) Their homeland.
(d) Their freedom.
9. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
10. What does Lanser fear most about the packages being dropped?
(a) That he will be demoted or even executed for failure.
(b) That his advisors will be disappointed in him.
(c) That they will implode on contact.
(d) That the success of it will spread to other occupied towns.
11. Who does Tonder shout at during the occupation?
(b) The Mayor.
12. What does the Mayor want sent from England?
(b) World news.
(d) All of these.
13. What are the townspeople mining?
14. How long have the Mayor and Winters known each other?
(a) Since the beginning of the war.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since college.
(d) Since grade school.
15. What does Lanser ask of the Mayor before his execution?
(a) To tell the people to stop the explosions.
(b) To sign his book.
(c) To run and save his life.
(d) To take an oath of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Correll have when the packages are sent?
2. What horrible things do the soldiers find in the snow in winter?
3. Who does Tom plan to take with him when he escapes to England?
4. Who is sent to retrieve all the packages dropped?
5. What thoughts give the Mayor shame while he is under arrest?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)