|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers hear other invading armies are met with?
(c) Surrender flags.
2. What do the soldiers miss most during the occupation?
(a) Talking to people.
(c) Familiar food.
(d) Exercise drills.
3. Why does Annie get suspicious of Mrs. Morden?
(a) She saw Tonder go to her house.
(b) She never sees her cry about her husband.
(c) She has seen her anger.
(d) She knows she gets extra food.
4. What season makes the soldiers feel isolated?
5. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
(a) Patrol her street.
(b) Allot her extra fire wood.
(c) Give her extra food.
(d) Leave her alone.
6. What is in a package that Hunter opened?
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Some money.
(d) A map.
7. What kind of lanterns are lit when electricity goes down?
(d) Olive oil.
8. How does Tonder describe himself when he stops by Mrs. Morden's house?
9. Who has the hardest time with depression of the soldiers?
10. What does Lanser ask of the Mayor before his execution?
(a) To take an oath of peace.
(b) To sign his book.
(c) To tell the people to stop the explosions.
(d) To run and save his life.
11. What does the Mayor say to Winters before his execution?
(a) A quote from Socrates.
(b) A poem.
(c) An inside joke.
(d) A scripture verse.
12. What does Lanser think will restore order in the town?
(a) Fearless raids on houses.
(b) Execution of the leaders.
(c) Random shootings.
(d) A week of no food rations.
13. Why do the soldiers not venture out alone?
(a) They have to protect one another.
(b) They are on guard.
(c) They are following instructions.
(d) They feel surrounded.
14. What does Tom plan to do with the person he plans to take with him when he escapes to England?
(a) Return her to her family.
(b) Dump him in the ocean.
(c) Hide and protect him.
(d) Marry her.
15. What does Winters say will happen when the leaders of the resistance are killed?
(a) New leaders will pop up.
(b) The resistance will weaken.
(c) The people will unite.
(d) Past leaders will take the role.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of looks do the townspeople give the soldiers when passing them?
2. What causes soldiers to be sent home?
3. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
4. Why do more soldiers not go home from the occupation?
5. What thoughts give the Mayor shame while he is under arrest?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)