|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tonder order the other men to do in regards to Mrs. Morden?
(a) Patrol her street.
(b) Give her extra food.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Allot her extra fire wood.
2. How does Tonder describe himself when he stops by Mrs. Morden's house?
3. What does Winters say the enemy has underestimated when he is under arrest?
(a) The weapons.
(b) The country.
(c) The plan.
(d) The people.
4. How many packages are seen dropped around town?
(b) Around 200.
(c) About 50.
5. What do the soldiers hear other invading armies are met with?
(a) Surrender flags.
6. What do the people do to slow the mining?
(a) They cause accidents.
(b) They over-emphasize injuries.
(c) All of these.
(d) They have equipment malfunctions.
7. Why are the miners not punished with smaller food portions?
(a) They need their strength to mine.
(b) They all have their own food.
(c) It is unconstitutional.
(d) It is against war rules.
8. Why does Lanser feel panicked about the packages?
(a) He has never seen this tactic used before.
(b) He doesn't know how to stop it.
(c) He knows it will weaken morale.
(d) He knows people are escaping.
9. Why does the Mayor say he will not do what Lanser asked of him?
(a) He didn't trust Lanser.
(b) He would be ashamed.
(c) It would not stop them.
(d) It would damn him.
10. What does the Mayor want sent from England?
(a) All of these.
(d) World news.
11. What does the Mayor say to Winters before his execution?
(a) An inside joke.
(b) A quote from Socrates.
(c) A scripture verse.
(d) A poem.
12. What does Tonder do when he loses control?
(a) He hums the German anthem.
(b) He walks around in circles.
(c) He laughs hysterically.
(d) He passes out.
13. What emotion overtakes the fear that Mrs. Morden felt when Tonder first came to her house?
14. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
15. Who does Tonder shout at during the occupation?
(a) The Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tonder not know about Mrs. Morden before coming to her house?
2. What does the Mayor say the people were fighting for?
3. What does Lanser fear most about the packages being dropped?
4. What is the main punishment given to the miners?
5. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)