|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor say will be a result of Alex's execution?
2. What is Correll giving to the soldiers in town at the beginning of the book?
3. What floor of the Palace does Lanser stay on?
(a) The main floor.
(b) The lower floors.
(c) The basement.
(d) The upper floors.
4. Who is the last person to speak with Alex before he dies?
(a) The Mayor.
5. What is the major industry in the town?
6. What is Lanser's position in the military?
7. What is Hunter's main flaw?
(a) He is too paranoid.
(b) He is too precise.
(c) He is too predictable.
(d) He is too practical.
8. Who does Lanser plan to make the Mayor of the town?
9. How does Tonder want to die?
10. Whose countenance is Prackle's compared to?
11. Why does Bentick lack ambition?
(a) He has a family.
(b) He has fought another war.
(c) He is old.
(d) He does not like Hitler.
12. Who complains about the pin-up of a glamorous woman?
13. Where does Lanser ask to stay while he is in the town?
(a) The Military barracks.
(b) The Mayor's house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The courthouse.
14. Who is the Mayor's most practical servant?
15. How does Lanser view his men?
(a) As children playing war.
(b) As a school of fish.
(c) As a herd of cattle.
(d) As fighting cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Mayor told to trust when he confides in someone before the trial?
2. What is the goal of the invading soldiers?
3. Who is the first person to show anger to the soldiers?
4. How many wars has Lanser fought in?
5. How many soldiers are killed when the invaders entered the town?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)