|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prackle do to sub-standard art?
(a) He destroys it.
(b) He critiques it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He enhances it.
2. What does Lanser get upset with Bentick for?
(a) Not wearing his helmet.
(b) Not cleaning his uniform.
(c) Talking with the people.
(d) Losing his name badge.
3. How many lieutenants are on the panel to judge Alex?
4. Who reads the charge against Alex at the trial?
(b) The Mayor.
5. How many soldiers are killed when the invaders entered the town?
6. What is the goal of the invading soldiers?
(a) To prevent a resistance.
(b) To confiscate the coal.
(c) To recruit more soldiers.
(d) To protect the borders.
7. What does Lanser do while the Mayor is being frisked?
(c) Took notes.
8. What was Hunter's occupation before entering the military?
9. Who does the Mayor confide in before the trial?
10. Why does Annie get mad at some soldiers when they first invade the town?
(a) They kicked her dog.
(b) They scuffed the carpet.
(c) They were leering at her.
(d) They said a bad word.
11. What floor of the Palace does Lanser stay on?
(a) The basement.
(b) The main floor.
(c) The lower floors.
(d) The upper floors.
12. What was the name of the man who killed Bentick?
13. What does Lanser say the Mayor must do to save his people?
(a) Listen to the Colonel.
(b) Leave the area.
(c) Give up his authority.
(d) Calm the rebelliousness.
14. What does Lanser command after someone comes to the Palace all bloody?
(a) That the quota of coal will rise.
(b) That all men with guns be taken hostage.
(c) That the taxes are being waived.
(d) That one soldier will be killed if Prackle dies.
15. Why does Winter think the soldiers are having a public trial?
(a) To incite fear.
(b) To make an example.
(c) All of these.
(d) To send a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex say he is afraid of after his trial?
2. Who is the last person to speak with Alex before he dies?
3. How is Loft different from other Captains?
4. How does the Mayor say Lanser broke the law?
5. Who does Lanser plan to make the Mayor of the town?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)