|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains about the pin-up of a glamorous woman?
2. Who does Lanser plan to make the Mayor of the town?
3. Whose countenance is Prackle's compared to?
4. Where is a trial being set up?
(a) The court house.
(b) The lawn.
(c) The town square.
(d) The parlor.
5. Where are townspeople escaping to?
6. Who comes to the Palace all bloody after the execution?
7. What does Lanser say the Mayor must do to save his people?
(a) Leave the area.
(b) Calm the rebelliousness.
(c) Listen to the Colonel.
(d) Give up his authority.
8. What does the Mayor compare his position to before the trial?
(a) An intermission.
(b) A diversion.
(c) A balancing act.
(d) A pantomime.
9. How many weapons does the Mayor have?
10. What does Bentick smoke?
(b) All of these.
(d) A pipe.
11. Who ends up sitting in judgment for the murderer?
12. How many wars has Lanser fought in?
13. How does Annie feel before the trial?
14. How is Loft different from other Captains?
(a) He is loose.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is strict.
(d) He is young.
15. Why does Alex say he should not have been ordered by the soldiers?
(a) He is a free man.
(b) They do not know how mining works.
(c) He was overworked.
(d) They are not his countrymen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is placed under protective custody after someone comes to the Palace all bloody?
2. What is Lanser's position in the military?
3. What is the Mayor's wife called?
4. Why does Bentick lack ambition?
5. Who is the Mayor told to trust when he confides in someone before the trial?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)