|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lanser ask of the Mayor before his execution?
(a) To tell the people to stop the explosions.
(b) To sign his book.
(c) To run and save his life.
(d) To take an oath of peace.
2. Where does the Mayor kiss his wife before his execution?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The neck.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The lips.
3. Why does Mrs. Morden make Tonder leave when he promises not to hurt her?
(a) She doesn't want him to get in trouble.
(b) She is getting ready to run away.
(c) She knows the Mayor is coming.
(d) She is afraid of him.
4. How does the Mayor say Lanser broke the law?
(a) Taking the coal.
(b) Setting up a trial.
(c) Hitting the miners.
(d) Entering the city.
5. What happens to the soldiers that are sent home?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are welcomed home.
(c) They are taxed heavily.
(d) They are rewarded with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lanser want to sit in judgment of the murderer?
2. What is Joseph most worried about before the trial?
3. What causes someone to come to the Palace all bloody after the execution?
4. What thoughts give the Mayor shame while he is under arrest?
5. Who comes up with the main punishment given to the miners?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)