* Correll, the storekeeper, gives 12 soldiers some ammunition to use for target practice.
* German soldiers invade the town while they are away, and kills 6 of them when they run back into town.
* Lanser politely requests an audience with the Mayor. It is revealed that Correll was the liaison that allowed the invasion to take place.
* Joseph, the servant, is worried about the furniture being moved. Madame is worried about proper protocol.
* Lanser says he wants order as he hates bloodshed. The Mayor says he will do what the people want.
* Dr. Winter, a historian, says that he is sure the people will fight back as that is what they have done in past similar experiences.
* Annie, a cook, gets offended when soldiers leer at her, and she throws boiling water on the men. Lanser does not punish her.
* The officers take rooms on the upper level in...
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)