|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Loonies feel about the FN troops?
2. If Prof goes Earthside to deliver the document, what are the odds for success?
3. What are Loonies willing to do with FN troops?
4. According to Prof, what is perfection in war?
5. Why does Davis feel that Loonies don't owe the Authority anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the benefits of using a catapult for shipping as explained by Davis to Dr. Chan?
2. What is the result of the "Battle in Corridors"?
3. What is the Chairman's response to Davis and Prof at the end of chapter 16?
4. What does Anna mention during the family's dinnertime discussion?
5. What happens to Mike at the end of the novel?
6. According to Davis, what are the benefits of a line marriage?
7. What is the punishment for the six rapist/murderers?
8. What advice does Prof give regarding the Constitution?
9. What is the content of Selene's first speech?
10. How will Davis and Prof's trip to Terra proceed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the two main settings in the book: Luna and Terra.
Essay Topic 2
The end result of the Revolution reflects the author's attitude toward revolution in general. What do you think his attitude is? What message, if any, do you think the author is trying to convey? Why? Why do you think he has the attitude that he does? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Color plays an important role in this novel: the yellow coats of the guards, the red cap of sponsorship, etc. Examine the usage of color in the novel, its significance and effectiveness. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)