|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prof offers to talk under what circumstances?
2. After the initial stage of the Revolution, scientists rig equipment that can do what?
3. Patriots at HKL convince the Bank to part with what?
4. What does Davis do to drum up sympathy?
5. It is the Authority's job, according to the Chairman, to ensure what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of Selene's first speech?
2. What does LaJoie tell Davis when he wakes up in the hospital?
3. What happens at the Davis family's dinner in chapter 15?
4. What is "Operation Hard Rock"?
5. How do Terran journalists feel about the Loonies in chapter 17?
6. What proposal does Prof make to the Indian government?
7. What is Davis' rebuttal to the idea that Luna owes the Authority for being able to live tax-free?
8. What advice does Prof give regarding the Constitution?
9. What happens to Mike at the end of the novel?
10. What part do women play in the Party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mum and Wyoh are two of the most central female characters in the novel. Compare and contrast these two characters. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the two main settings in the book: Luna and Terra.
Essay Topic 3
Luna is established as a penal colony for Terra. Compare Luna to other such colonies established throughout history, for example, Australia's beginnings as a penal colony for Britain. What are the necessary differences? What are the similarities? How did other penal colonies throughout history obtain their freedom? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)