|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prof say about the new Constitution?
2. Why does Davis think that the Authority says that Terra must recover its costs?
3. What does Prof advise Davis to read?
4. How long is the plan the Chairman proposes for overhauling life on Luna?
5. Why do the Federated Nations think that the Loonies owe them something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prof think of the Chairman's proposal to Davis?
2. What are the benefits of using a catapult for shipping as explained by Davis to Dr. Chan?
3. What are the Committee members' objections to Prof's speech?
4. What happens at the Davis family's dinner in chapter 15?
5. What is the content of Selene's first speech?
6. How do the Loonies' react to Prof's speech regarding the Chairman's proposal?
7. What happens to Mike at the end of the novel?
8. What is the Chairman's proposal to Davis at the end of chapter 19?
9. What is the Chairman's response to Davis and Prof at the end of chapter 16?
10. What is Davis' rebuttal to the idea that Luna owes the Authority for being able to live tax-free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the roles of the female Party members with those of the males. What responsibilities does each group have? Is the work of one group any more important than that of the other? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Both Mike and Prof approach the Revolution from the standpoint of an intellectual "game." Compare and contrast these two characters, focusing on their reasons for being involved in, and attitudes toward, the Revolution. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
When Mike steals money to finance the Revolution, Davis comforts himself with the idea that it's a fraction of what other governments do on a daily basis. Compare Luna's government with real world governments. How does it compensate for its inherent disadvantages? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)