|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Wyoh first married?
2. How does Davis feel about Terra?
3. What is Luna's main weapon against Terra?
4. What is the name of the church that Wyoh and Davis attend?
5. What is Davis' occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mike become self-aware?
2. What is different about Mike when he talks to Wyoh?
3. What is the legal system on Luna?
4. Who are the "Back Street Irregulars"?
5. What is Davis' theory about the Loonies' best chance for a successful revolution?
6. How does Prof think the Party should be organized?
7. What is Luna's best weapon against Terra?
8. How do Davis and LaJoie meet?
9. Who is Simon Jester?
10. How does Davis get into the revolutionaries' meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The resolution of the novel and the author's description of life after the Revolution says a lot about the author's attitude. How do you think the author feels about the Lunar revolution and other revolutions in history? What message do you think he is trying to convey? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Color plays an important role in this novel: the yellow coats of the guards, the red cap of sponsorship, etc. Examine the usage of color in the novel, its significance and effectiveness. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
There are many Biblical references throughout the novel. For example, the comparison of Luna's battle against Terra to that of David and Goliath. Explore the significance of these references to the novel's plot. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)