|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Loonies are freemen?
2. What sort of organizational structure does Prof propose for the Party?
3. What is the ratio of males to females on Luna?
4. What does Greg do on Tuesday nights?
5. What happens to Marie Lyons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the revolutionaries' gripes against the Authority?
2. What happens in the Davis family on Tuesday nights?
3. Why is it that most Loonies that visit Terra never leave?
4. How does Wyoh describe herself politically?
5. Who is Simon Jester?
6. How does Prof think the Party should be organized?
7. Who is Hazel Meade?
8. What is different about Mike when he talks to Wyoh?
9. Describe Wyoh's history.
10. Why does Davis want Mum in his sub cell of the Party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Mike steals money to finance the Revolution, Davis comforts himself with the idea that it's a fraction of what other governments do on a daily basis. Compare Luna's government with real world governments. How does it compensate for its inherent disadvantages? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of the Warden and Selene. Which is a more effective leader? Which has more desirable leadership characteristics? Why? Do you think that if Selene had lived, he would have eventually been overthrown as the Warden was? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Mum and Wyoh are two of the most central female characters in the novel. Compare and contrast these two characters. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)