|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike's pen name for the political doggerel he writes?
2. What happens to Wyoh in chapter 10?
3. What limb did Davis lose?
4. What does Davis agree to rate for Mike?
5. Who vouches for Davis to get him into the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Davis' family.
2. What is Mike's response when Wyoh, Davis and Prof ask him for information about the Revolution and their odds of success?
3. Who is Simon Jester?
4. What are some of the revolutionaries' gripes against the Authority?
5. Why is Davis the first human Mike talks to?
6. How does Prof think the Party should be organized?
7. Why does Davis use a pseudonym when he introduces Wyoh to his family?
8. What is the legal system on Luna?
9. How do Davis and LaJoie meet?
10. How does Davis get into the revolutionaries' meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Color plays an important role in this novel: the yellow coats of the guards, the red cap of sponsorship, etc. Examine the usage of color in the novel, its significance and effectiveness. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The end result of the Revolution reflects the author's attitude toward revolution in general. What do you think his attitude is? What message, if any, do you think the author is trying to convey? Why? Why do you think he has the attitude that he does? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two main settings in the book: Luna and Terra.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)