|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Davis know Bernardo de la Paz?
(a) Davis is Bernardo's old teacher.
(b) Bernardo is Davis' old teacher.
(c) They don't know one another.
(d) Davis has heard about Bernardo from the Authority.
2. Why is Davis on Luna?
(a) He is free-born and chooses to stay.
(b) He is shipped there from Terra as punishment for a crime.
(c) He is working there but lives on Terra.
(d) He is there for military duty.
3. What icon accompanies the political writing Mike writes?
(a) Luna's new flag.
(b) A picture of the Warden.
(c) The FN's logo.
(d) A stick figure of a horned devil.
4. What is the code word Davis sets up with Mike for their special secure circuit?
5. Mike's reading of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Purloined Letter" influenced what aspect of the Party's plot?
(a) The method by which visitors were delivered to the site of the catapult.
(b) The system for creating Party members' aliases.
(c) The code words used in the closed-circuit telephone system.
(d) Selene's appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Davis visit the Lunar Authority Complex in chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the file where Security Chief Alvarez stores his data?
3. What is Davis wearing that he hopes the revolutionaries won't discover?
4. From what literary work was the name "Back Street Irregulars" borrowed?
5. How many Terrans back the Authority?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Davis use a pseudonym when he introduces Wyoh to his family?
2. Why is LaJoie's offense so serious?
3. Describe Davis' family.
4. Why are Wyoh, Davis and Prof involved in the revolution?
5. Who are the "Back Street Irregulars"?
6. Why is it that most Loonies that visit Terra never leave?
7. How does Prof describe himself politically?
8. What is the legal system on Luna?
9. How does Wyoh describe herself politically?
10. How do Davis and Wyoh make sure that Alvarez cannot track down Selene?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)