|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the initial battle of the Revolution, what does Mike begin controlling?
(a) Fuel rations.
(b) The catapult's payloads.
(c) Food rations.
(d) News to Terra.
2. What is the name of the ship that carries Davis, Prof and LaJoie back to Luna?
(a) The Lark.
(b) The Flamingo.
(c) The Pelican.
(d) The Swallow.
3. In the context of chapter 15, what are "chops"?
4. Who explains the need for a "Pearl Harbor" move on Terra?
5. What do the Terrans use as weapons at Tycho Under and Churchill?
(a) Incendiary grenades.
(c) Sniper rifles.
(d) Knockout gas.
6. It is the Authority's job, according to the Chairman, to ensure what?
(a) That peace and order is ensured on Luna.
(b) That peace is maintained between Terra and its colonies.
(c) That the Moon is never militarized.
(d) That trade and passage between Luna and Terra continue.
7. What does Prof try to do during the second half of the meeting?
(a) Keep people interested enough to stay.
(b) Bore people into wandering off.
(c) Encourage the passing of the Declaration in its imperfect state.
(d) Keep silent and allow others to do the talking.
8. How large is the laser gun infantry that Nielsen commands?
9. Why does Davis feel that Loonies don't owe the Authority anything?
(a) Because Luna lacks the public resources that societies who pay taxes have access to.
(b) Because there should be no taxation without representation, and the Loonies have no representation on Terra.
(c) Because it was established at the beginning that the Lunar colonies would never pay taxes.
(d) Because there was no initial agreement and the Authority can't tax Loonies retroactively.
10. Per tradition, with whom does the new bride sleep on her first night?
(a) The First Wife.
(b) The First Husband.
(c) The children.
(d) The other wives.
11. Why do the Federated Nations think that the Loonies owe them something?
(a) Because wages on Luna are higher than on Earth.
(b) Because the Authority supports the children of Lunar citizens financially.
(c) Because Loonies are allowed to live tax-free.
(d) Because criminals exiled to Luna are allowed to work and have families.
12. What arrangement does Davis make with the scientists who rigged the equipment?
(a) They will be killed if they are found doing anything similar again.
(b) There is no agreement; Davis does not want them to know he is aware of the equipment.
(c) If they self-police, they may proceed.
(d) They may transmit news to Terra as long as it is censored by Mike first.
13. What song does Jester rewrite?
(a) "Battle Hymn of the Republic."
(b) "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) "America the Beautiful."
(d) "The Battle of 1812."
14. Who presides over the first half of the meeting?
15. Where does Wyoh go at 04:00?
(a) To help Mum make breakfast.
(b) To weep in Davis' arms.
(c) To help the children with their daily chores.
(d) To HKL for recruiting purposes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be the last word of Davis' speech, according to Prof?
2. Who has the floor during the first Congress meeting?
3. Where do Davis and Prof go two days after landing?
4. What do the FN troops intended to protect Luna actually do?
5. LaJoie has arranged for Davis and Prof to become citizens of what country?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)