|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is temporarily in charge until Loonies elect a government?
2. What happens to Prof at the end of chapter 16?
(a) He faints.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He dies.
(d) He cries.
3. The ambassadors to Earth will be traveling in what vessel?
(a) A tourist shuttle.
(b) An escape pod.
(c) A grain barge.
(d) An Authority battle cruiser.
4. According to LaJoie, what will the embargo introduce?
(a) Economic depression.
(b) No change in the economy.
(c) A slight increase in the economy.
(d) An economic boom.
5. Who is Prof's backup should he die en route?
6. What country objects to Davis and Prof's usage of the term "Warden"?
(b) North America.
7. Who falls in love in chapter 14?
(a) Davis and Wyoh.
(b) Wyoh and Prof.
(c) Wyoh and Greg.
(d) Lemke and Meade.
8. Where does Wyoh go at 04:00?
(a) To help Mum make breakfast.
(b) To weep in Davis' arms.
(c) To help the children with their daily chores.
(d) To HKL for recruiting purposes.
9. What does the Chairman ask of Davis?
(a) He wants Davis to try to convince Prof to become the new Warden.
(b) He wants Davis to rat out the other revolutionaries.
(c) He wants Davis to become "Protector Pro Tem."
(d) He wants Davis to try and rally the Loonies to accept his plan.
10. What can the laser drills do?
(a) They can disarm anything electronic.
(b) They can destroy incoming meteors.
(c) They can only drill through rock.
(d) They can blast holes in the airlocks.
11. Where do Davis and Prof go two days after landing?
12. How do editorialists feel about the idea of a free Luna, in chapter 17?
(a) They are generally opposed to the idea.
(b) Opinions differ wildly.
(c) They generally support the idea.
(d) The media reports the facts and expresses no opinion.
13. What is the name of the ship that carries Davis, Prof and LaJoie back to Luna?
(a) The Lark.
(b) The Pelican.
(c) The Swallow.
(d) The Flamingo.
14. Prof offers to talk under what circumstances?
(a) In a meeting with the Federated Nations.
(b) When Luna takes the Authority's seat in the Federated Nations.
(c) When the Chairman agrees to sign the Lunar Declaration.
(d) A seat in the Grand Assembly.
15. Why do the Federated Nations think that the Loonies owe them something?
(a) Because the Authority supports the children of Lunar citizens financially.
(b) Because wages on Luna are higher than on Earth.
(c) Because criminals exiled to Luna are allowed to work and have families.
(d) Because Loonies are allowed to live tax-free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patriots at HKL convince the Bank to part with what?
2. What is the Chairman's main concern?
3. Who has the floor during the first Congress meeting?
4. What does Prof say about the new Constitution?
5. After the initial stage of the Revolution, scientists rig equipment that can do what?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)