|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the dress Davis buys for Wyoh?
2. What is the phrase Wyoh uses to describe herself politically?
(a) "Conservative Partial."
(b) "Fifth Internationalist."
(c) "Rational Confrontationalist."
3. What threat does Davis think would instantly make the farmers acquiesce to the Authority's demands?
(a) Having their air supply cut off.
(b) Orbiting hydrogen bombs.
(c) Not having access to necessary medical supplies.
(d) Having their water supply cut off.
4. What joke does Mike play in chapter 1?
(a) He adds $10 trillion to a janitor's paycheck.
(b) He leaves oxygen out of the air supply.
(c) He erases all of the data on his hard drive but keeps backup copies.
(d) He backs up sewer lines.
5. What do the "Back Street Irregulars" do?
(a) Operate the laser weapons.
(b) Maintain the hidden catapult.
(c) Escort the higher Party members.
(d) Perform stakeouts, make deliveries, and post flyers.
6. Who opts out of the Davis family in chapter 10?
7. From what literary work was the name "Back Street Irregulars" borrowed?
(a) It is never specified in the novel.
(b) "Robinson Crusoe."
(c) "Dick Tracy."
(d) "Sherlock Holmes."
8. Who institutes the system of passports on Luna after the fight at the meeting house?
(a) Security Chief Alvarez.
(b) The Party.
(c) The Warden.
(d) The Federated Nations.
9. What are Prof's chances of surviving the trip down to Terra?
10. What does Davis believe would have to happen before a successful revolt was possible on Luna?
(a) There would have to be trouble on Terra.
(b) A disease would need to decimate the ranks of the Authority's soldiers.
(c) The Loonies would have to arm themselves better.
(d) The Loonies would have to at least attempt peaceful negotiations first.
11. How many husbands are in Davis' "line marriage"?
12. What is Wyoh's speech about?
(a) Luna should work together with the Authority.
(b) Luna could never subsist without the Authority.
(c) Things are fine as they are, and everyone should stop making such a fuss.
(d) Luna would prosper in a free market without the Authority governing prices.
13. How many Terrans back the Authority?
(a) 11 billion.
(b) 3 million.
(c) 6 billion.
(d) 10 million.
14. Why does Davis visit the Lunar Authority Complex in chapter 1?
(a) To fix a computer.
(b) To interview for a job.
(c) To interview workers.
(d) To meet with the Warden.
15. How does Davis know Bernardo de la Paz?
(a) They don't know one another.
(b) Davis has heard about Bernardo from the Authority.
(c) Davis is Bernardo's old teacher.
(d) Bernardo is Davis' old teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Davis feel about the revolution when he first meets with Wyoh and Prof in the hotel?
2. Which of these is not, according to Davis, essential to survival?
3. What color are the Warden's bodyguards wearing?
4. Which one of LuNoHoCo's ventures is not legitimate?
5. What is the ratio of males to females on Luna?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)