Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Dirk known only as a hack? What does this view and the view that Dirk is nothing but a buffoon say about Crabbe's character? Does Strickland's success suggest that everyone possesses genius as long as they can find their true selves?
Essay Topic 2
Is the attraction between Strickland and Blanche is mutual? How does the author foreshadow that Blanche will fall for Strickland?
Essay Topic 3
What does Maugham suggest is the nature of genius? Why is Charles Strickland considered a genius?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)