Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Why is Dirk known only as a hack? What does this view and the view that Dirk is nothing but a buffoon say about Crabbe's character? Does Strickland's success suggest that everyone possesses genius as long as they can find their true selves?
In what way do Amy and Strickland's lives take an opposite direction after Strickland leaves for Paris? What does it say about their natural characters that they both succeed in their new lives?
In what way could it be said that Crabbe identifies with Strickland? What suggestions are there in the book that Crabbe is not the person he is trying to present himself to be? Do people become better artists if they are more truthful about themselves?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)