Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Dirk known only as a hack? What does this view and the view that Dirk is nothing but a buffoon say about Crabbe's character? Does Strickland's success suggest that everyone possesses genius as long as they can find their true selves?
Essay Topic 2
What suggestions are there earlier in the book that Charles Strickland would become the artist he eventually became? What does it express about the nature of art and the artist that someone as seemingly dull as Strickland can become a renowned artist?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)