Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
In what way do Amy and Strickland's lives take an opposite direction after Strickland leaves for Paris? What does it say about their natural characters that they both succeed in their new lives?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)