|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brunot think he and Strickland are alike?
2. Where is Strickland when Old Bill turns up looking for a fight?
3. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
4. How did Blanche try to kill herself?
5. What word best describes Strickland's childhood?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Crabbe feel so guilty? What could he have done to prevent what happened? In what way do Crabbe's actions show the true instincts of a writer?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Crabbe's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Crabbe hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Crabbe's ideas about life?
3. How has Crabbe's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Is the attraction between Strickland and Blanche is mutual? How does the author foreshadow that Blanche will fall for Strickland?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)