|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Crabbe feel so guilty? What could he have done to prevent what happened? In what way do Crabbe's actions show the true instincts of a writer?
Essay Topic 2
In what way do Amy and Strickland's lives take an opposite direction after Strickland leaves for Paris? What does it say about their natural characters that they both succeed in their new lives?
Essay Topic 3
How much do the students think Blanche's past contributed to her tragic ending? How do the students think Blanche's past shaped her decisions in the book? Do the students think she needed Dirk to help her get over her past? How do the students think Strickland is connected to her past?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)