|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
How much do the students think Blanche's past contributed to her tragic ending? How do the students think Blanche's past shaped her decisions in the book? Do the students think she needed Dirk to help her get over her past? How do the students think Strickland is connected to her past?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Crabbe present Crabbe as a weak man? Would his character be presented as weak in contemporary literature?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)