Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Crabbe's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Crabbe hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Crabbe's ideas about life?
3. How has Crabbe's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could it be said that Crabbe identifies with Strickland? What suggestions are there in the book that Crabbe is not the person he is trying to present himself to be? Do people become better artists if they are more truthful about themselves?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Crabbe present Crabbe as a weak man? Would his character be presented as weak in contemporary literature?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)