|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk ask Crabbe to do for him?
2. Where does Strickland want to go when he hears he has leprosy?
3. What does Crabbe call Strickland's relationship with Blanche?
4. What does Ata's son become?
5. What does Brunot say he has used to create his beauty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crabbe notice about Blanche when he sees her with Strickland?
2. What does Ata do after Strickland dies?
3. What does Coutras think is so wonderful about Strickland's final paintings?
4. How does Strickland's portrait of Blanche affect Dirk?
5. What does Strickland reveal about Blanche's past?
6. How does Dirk try to win Blanche back?
7. What does Crabbe think about Blanche in this section?
8. What does Strickland say about his relationship with Blanche?
9. How does Tiare like to help people?
10. Why does Crabbe have a begrudging respect for Strickland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What signs are there in the book that Blanche is such an unstable person? How is her insecurity linked to her fear of Strickland?
Essay Topic 2
In what way do Amy and Strickland's lives take an opposite direction after Strickland leaves for Paris? What does it say about their natural characters that they both succeed in their new lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does Blanche's death affect Dirk and Strickland differently? In what way does Blanche's death seem to change Strickland as a person? What suggestions are there that Dirk is likely to get over Blanche's death quicker than Strickland?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)