Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk does for the first time in a week?
4. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
5. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
Essay Topic 1
How long had Strickland has felt indifferently towards his family? How will Strickland's indifference towards people help him to achieve his aim to become an artist?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could it be said that Crabbe identifies with Strickland? What suggestions are there in the book that Crabbe is not the person he is trying to present himself to be? Do people become better artists if they are more truthful about themselves?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Crabbe feel so guilty? What could he have done to prevent what happened? In what way do Crabbe's actions show the true instincts of a writer?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)