|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nichols say he and Strickland used to spend the night?
(b) Abandoned cars.
(c) The beach.
(d) Bus shelters.
2. Why does Crabbe feel guilty about Dirk?
(a) He feels at fault.
(b) He is using Dirk's character for a story.
(c) He is giving money to Blanche.
(d) He can't stop laughing at him.
3. What did Cohen employ Strickland as?
(a) An overseer.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A house painter.
4. What does Strickland paint for Cohen?
(a) The local girls.
(b) A local celebration.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The plantation.
5. What was the name of Strickland's Tahitian wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strickland invite Crabbe to see?
2. What does Strickland ask Crabbe when they meet on the street?
3. What is the piano covered with?
4. Where does Dirk wait for Blanche?
5. What does Crabbe say Dirk nursed Strickland like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Crabbe have a begrudging respect for Strickland?
2. What does Coutras think is so wonderful about Strickland's final paintings?
3. What are Dirk's feelings about beauty?
4. How does Strickland life change for the better when he marries Ata?
5. How does Crabbe wish he could his story about Strickland more compelling?
6. Why does Crabbe feel guilty in this section?
7. What observations does Crabbe make about Strickland and his passion for painting?
8. What does Crabbe think about Blanche in this section?
9. What does Strickland reveal about Blanche's past?
10. What does Brunot remember about Strickland?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)