|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Brunot?
2. Where in Marseilles does Nichols claim he first met Strickland?
(a) A friend's apartment.
(b) A ship.
(c) An art museum.
(d) A homeless shelter.
3. How does Dr. Coutras know Strickland?
(a) He bought some of his paintings.
(b) He commissioned him for a potrait.
(c) He attended his death.
(d) He played chess with him.
4. What does Crabbe say Strickland walks up and down the room like?
(a) An agitated tiger.
(b) A caged beast.
(c) A posessed man.
(d) A schitzophrenic.
5. Who does Crabbe visit in London?
(a) Mrs. Strickland.
(c) Robert Strickland.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say the carriage driver dismisses the dead with?
2. What country did Abraham decide was perfect for him?
3. What does Brunot plan to use his Strickland paintings for in the future?
4. What does Tough Bill give Strickland in this section?
5. Where does Strickland want to go when he hears he has leprosy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Strickland reveal about Blanche's past?
2. How does Cohen know Strickland?
3. How did Nichols and Strickland become friends?
4. What are Dirk's feelings about beauty?
5. What does Crabbe think about Blanche in this section?
6. Why does Dirk refuse to go back to Holland?
7. What does Ata do after Strickland dies?
8. How does Mrs. Strickland react to news about her husband?
9. What does Crabbe think about Strickland's paintings?
10. What observation does Crabbe make about Strickland's relationship with Blanche?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)