|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brunot say Strickland lived?
(a) Like a God.
(b) Like a king.
(c) Like a native.
(d) Like a commoner.
2. What does Ata do to Strickland's painting after he is buried?
(a) Makes it into a tourist attraction.
(b) Burns it down.
(c) Takes photographs.
(d) Sells it.
3. What does Crabbe say the carriage driver dismisses the dead with?
(a) A throaty laugh.
(b) A big sigh.
(c) A shrug of his shoulders.
(d) A nod of his head.
4. What does Crabbe say is Strickland's constant struggle?
(a) To live his own life.
(b) To become normal.
(c) To free his spirit.
(d) To fall in love.
5. What does Crabbe think Blanche took satisfaction in doing?
(a) Uncovering Strickland's weakness.
(b) Falling in love with Strickland.
(c) Destroying Dirk.
(d) Swallowing poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say he would like to represent Mrs. Strickland as?
2. What does Crabbe think Dirk's mother has cheeks like?
3. What nationality is Brunot?
4. Where does Nichols say he and Strickland used to spend the night?
5. Why does Crabbe feel guilty about Dirk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crabbe wish he could his story about Strickland more compelling?
2. How does Tiare like to help people?
3. Why does Crabbe feel guilty in this section?
4. How does Mrs. Strickland react to news about her husband?
5. How does Strickland's portrait of Blanche affect Dirk?
6. What does Coutras think is so wonderful about Strickland's final paintings?
7. What does Ata do after Strickland dies?
8. How does Dirk try to win Blanche back?
9. How do people's perception of Strickland's work change during his time in Tahiti?
10. What does Crabbe think about Strickland's paintings?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)