|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nichols say he took Strickland for breakfast?
(a) A soup kitchen
(b) A snack bar.
(c) A Macdonalds.
(d) A pancake house.
2. What is Captain Nichol's job on Tahiti?
(a) A beachcomber.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Strickland paint for Cohen?
(a) The plantation.
(b) The mountains.
(c) A local celebration.
(d) The local girls.
4. Who does Tiare Johnson love making dinners for?
(a) White men.
5. What does Dirk say has happened to Blanche in this section?
(a) She has contracted a disease.
(b) She has left Paris.
(c) She has broken her leg.
(d) She has killed herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe think Dirk's father does in the evening?
2. What does Strickland draw on the hut walls?
3. What did Strickland mostly paint while in Tahiti?
4. Why does Crabbe feel guilty about Dirk?
5. What does Crabbe think of Strickland's paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain have to cut his time short with Crabbe?
2. What does Crabbe notice about Blanche when he sees her with Strickland?
3. What does Ata do after Strickland dies?
4. What are Dirk's feelings about beauty?
5. Why does Dirk want Crabbe to write Blanche a letter?
6. How has the poison damaged Blanche?
7. What does Coutras think is so wonderful about Strickland's final paintings?
8. What observations does Crabbe make about Strickland and his passion for painting?
9. What observation does Crabbe make about Strickland's relationship with Blanche?
10. What does Strickland reveal about Blanche's past?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)