|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say it seemed like Mrs. Strickland's sister carried in her pocket?
(a) The British Empire.
(b) The African continent.
(c) Young men.
(d) A book of facts.
2. What does Strickland say he hasn't come to Paris for?
3. What does Dirk pat Crabbe as if he is?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A cushion.
(d) A tree.
4. What does Strickland threaten to do if Crabbe does not lend him money?
(a) Move away.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Rob a bank.
(d) Kill Crabbe.
5. What has Strickland put over himself to keep warm?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A rug.
(c) A curtain.
(d) His clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city has Strickland run off to?
2. What does Strickland drink in the restaurant?
3. What word does the author use to describe the Stricklands?
4. What does Strickland ask Dirk to get for him?
5. What artist does Dirk say never sold a painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crabbe describe Strickland in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Strickland think he can become a successful painter?
3. Why does Mrs. Strickland think Charles will return to her?
4. What does the author think of Rev. Robert Strickland's biography of his father?
5. How does Dirk say he made a fool of himself in this section?
6. How does Blanche surprise the author?
7. What does the author about George Crabbe's poetry?
8. How does Crabbe describe Mrs. Strickland?
9. How do Crabbe and Dirk find Strickland?
10. How does Dirk persuade Blanche to let Strickland stay?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)