|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university is Mrs. Strickland's son studying at?
2. What does Crabbe say he can't stomach about Stroeve?
(a) His depressive episodes.
(b) His buffoonery.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His weakness.
3. Who does the author say paints jolly, fat merchants?
(c) Van Gogh.
4. What sport do they talk about at the party?
5. What word does the author use to describe Mrs. Strickland's face in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Stroeve say she used to work?
2. What does Strickland drink in the restaurant?
3. What does Stroeve say his wife can't live on?
4. What can Crabbe see Strickland doing as Stroeve left his apartment?
5. Where is Mrs. Strickland taking her family on holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Strickland think he can become a successful painter?
2. What is Rose Waterford's reaction to Strickland's disappearance?
3. How does Mrs. Strickalnd respond to the news that her husband wants to take up painting?
4. How do Crabbe and Dirk find Strickland?
5. How does Mrs. Strickland help Crabbe?
6. Why does Mrs. Strickland think Charles will return to her?
7. How do Crabbe and Dirk get Strickland out of his apartment?
8. What does the author about George Crabbe's poetry?
9. Who is Dirk Stroeve?
10. What is Dirk's relationship with his wife?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)