|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe the Stricklands?
2. What park does the author cut across after leaving the Colonel?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) St. James Park.
(d) Kleist Park.
3. Who has Dirk's wife left him for?
4. What has Strickland put over himself to keep warm?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A rug.
(c) A curtain.
(d) His clothes.
5. Who has a dinner party in Chapter 6?
(a) John Claridge.
(b) George Crabbe.
(c) Rose Waterford.
(d) Mrs. Strickland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stroeve say she will do if Dirk brings Strickland to the house?
2. What does Mrs. Strickland have the gift of?
3. Who is Strickland painting for two hundred francs?
4. What does the author say was authentic about Charles Strickland?
5. What city does Crabbe decide to live in five years later?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Strickland deal with the prostitute in the restaurant?
2. How did Crabbe meet Mrs. Strickland?
3. How is Mrs. Strickland coping with her husband's disappearance?
4. How does Mrs. Strickland help Crabbe?
5. How do Crabbe and Dirk get Strickland out of his apartment?
6. What does the author think of Rev. Robert Strickland's biography of his father?
7. Why does Dirk say he can't get into his apartment?
8. How does Dirk persuade Blanche to let Strickland stay?
9. What is Dirk's relationship with his wife?
10. What does Strickland say he has been doing for the previous five years?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)