|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K.C talk about?
(a) His wife's difficult preganancy.
(b) A case he is involved in.
(c) His reading habits.
(d) His drinking habits.
2. What does the author think Mrs. Strickland dreads?
3. What does Stroeve draw on the blotting paper?
(a) A dog.
(b) A paintbrush.
(c) A head.
(d) A woman.
4. What does the author say Strickland's clothes hang off him like?
(a) Rags on a scarecrow.
(b) Tissue on a skeleton.
(c) Rags on a dog.
(d) An adult's suit on a child.
5. What does Crabbe say Mrs. Stroeve occupies herself like all day?
(a) A fly.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) An ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dirk say he wants to help Strickland?
2. Why does Mrs. Stroeve say she does not want Dirk to bring Strickland to the house?
3. What does Rose tell the author Charles Strickland has done?
4. What does Dirk do for a living?
5. Who visits Crabb in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Strickalnd respond to the news that her husband wants to take up painting?
2. What does the author think of Rev. Robert Strickland's biography of his father?
3. How does Mrs. Strickland help Crabbe?
4. How does Strickland try to keep himself alive?
5. Why does Mrs. Strickland think Charles will return to her?
6. What kind of painting does Dirk paint?
7. How do Crabbe and Dirk find Strickland?
8. What is Dirk's relationship with his wife?
9. Why does Strickland say he is looking forward to painting the plumber?
10. What is Rose Waterford's reaction to Strickland's disappearance?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)